No hacking challange

I assume using buster chips and buying hacking programs later isn't allowed?

I think the hardest part would be dealing with turrets and drones.

You cannot complete the main objective of most missions!

Sounds like a very very hardcore challenge...it is scary!

*cough* EMP *cough*

How about: you can only hack the main objective stuff? Like the main nanofab in a Nanofab Vestibule, the vault terminal, security boxes and lasers(to get in) in a Vault, the main Safe in a Security Dispatch (I think that's where there's a safe), the cell console in a Detention Center, and the server things where you can buy software for Incognita and the one where you get corporate intelligence. You still have to have an objective in the game, right?

How about: you can only hack the main objective stuff? Like the main nanofab in a Nanofab Vestibule, the vault terminal, security boxes and lasers(to get in) in a Vault, the main Safe in a Security Dispatch (I think that's where there's a safe), the cell console in a Detention Center, and the server things where you can buy software for Incognita and the one where you get corporate intelligence. You still have to have an objective in the game, right?

Seems reasonable.

Yeah, Ragnared's idea seems good. Also what about the Oracle program?

I feel that, even though it says "take over"(I think that's how they phrase it in the game), it's still hacking: using power to take control of a camera. BUT you can use it to make the challenge easier: deal with cameras in a way that's not actually "hacking" because you don't have control over it.

After all, this challenge is difficult enough with all the turrets and the lack of credits. Maybe you can make this a SUPER HARDCORE version and not use Oracle. But I think it's fair to use.

I feel that, even though it says "take over"(I think that's how they phrase it in the game), it's still hacking: using power to take control of a camera. BUT you can use it to make the challenge easier: deal with cameras in a way that's not actually "hacking" because you don't have control over it.

After all, this challenge is difficult enough with all the turrets and the lack of credits. Maybe you can make this a SUPER HARDCORE version and not use Oracle. But I think it's fair to use.

Yeah, this.

It is hacking imo. The point is to not have Incognita to your advantage, that would ruin this point.

Well, all this falls in the self-imposed challenge category, use whatever rules you want. In any case, so far it sounds like the volt disrupter and EMP are absolute must have. The VD wouldn't be OP as you will be dealing with more guards quicker than normal, since alarm level increases when a camera spots you. To be honest, even with the adjustments suggested by everyone, this challenge scares me and i expect turrets might make a mission unsolvable. Anyone tried it yet? Any luck?

There's some kind of variant to this challenge i tried once (with no good results): instead of no hacking, i went with no power-generating programs. I simply started with lockpick and parasite and relied on consoles for power. Worked alright at first but later on, you can't hack everything, you have to make hard choices that count. Also, as far as i know, power drip and fusion cannot be bought, probably to prevent having both for balance reasons.

It just came to me: what about the laser/infrared emitters blocking the way? You have to be extremely lucky to get EMPs let alone both EMPs AND Volts.

This is superhardcore. And as Alpro said: it's self-imposed. But I like the idea of a superhardcore mode before the game becomes harder, which it will.

It just came to me: what about the laser/infrared emitters blocking the way? [...]

Then instead of only hacking mission objectives, hacking anything that makes the mission unsolvable would be allowed ONLY if there's no other way around, like a turret blocking access to the elevator or as you point out, lasers?

Also, if you want the hardcorest of hardcore challenges, mix this one with the solo agent one! :D

I'm assuming that lasers that block would still be "hacking mission objectives", atleast indirectly.

Not necessarily. In vault mission they do, but otherwise, they are sometimes just in the way. There is however often a way around those, probably so you can't lock the guards in a section of the map.

Not necessarily. In vault mission they do, but otherwise, they are sometimes just in the way. There is however often a way around those, probably so you can't lock the guards in a section of the map.

I would assume that "blocking the way to the objecting" would mean the only way. Or else the way to the objective is by no means "blocked"

you can't buy those cause you can't acess nanofabs and server farms

If anyone's interested in challenges, you should try a full story mode run no weapons challenge.  If you don't already know how to stealth, by the time you finish it you will have mastered it.

sounds cool, but sometimes there are paths blocked by guards' vision cones, how do i deal with it in that challange?

Archived