Tactics agains Treeguard

Cmon seriously Treeguards are not a threat at all, even you pop 2 of them.

(It may became a threat if you are unlucky and Hounds come get you at the same time)

The only problem I have with them is that I hardly cut down any trees and got attacked by one , they arent a threat but they just mentally annoy me for some reason , Considering I can't burn them with a torch.

I absolutely HATE treeguards , the reason that puts me off from cutting any tree , It is putting me off from playing the game sinse I couldn't be bothered after losing my meat effigy to continue going , They are probably my Least favorite addition to the game , even worse than krampus , because they show up out of nowhere and ruin my life...

Call me a masochist but everything in this game that shows up out of nowhere and ruin my life (well... Wilson's life) actually makes it more fun to me. Like the first time I met the swamp monster. Panic, big scare, dead character, lots of fun.

Call me a masochist but everything in this game that shows up out of nowhere and ruin my life (well... Wilson's life) actually makes it more fun to me. Like the first time I met the swamp monster. Panic, big scare, dead character, lots of fun.

I dig this stuff also. Anything that is out of your control and makes the world feel hostile and unforgiving is awesome in my book. Hell, I'd even love Krampus if he just randomly showed up out of nowhere and started nicking all your things, forcing you to drop whatever you were doing to chase him halfway across the map while shaking your fist in the air.

Easiest way to kill a treeguard (even the largest ones) is to build a campfire (note a CAMPFIRE, and NOT a FIRE PIT), max it to full flame, and lead the treeguard into the campfire. Now, things to watch out for: 1. The tree guard will catch fire to anything nearby, 2. with the new update i have noticed that the game no longer shows the treeguard as "set on fire," but you can still tell its on fire because when it goes through the fire, it will still "stoke" the fire, and, finally, 3. If you use this method, it will take longer than expected to kill the treeguard, especially if it is a large treeguard, so just keep on leading it through the fire... it will die, i have tested this many time ;) Good luck, hope this helped!