once you go crock pot you never go back

tommy

so ive discovered cooking with a crock pot and i have to say, there is no way ill ever cook anything on a fire again.

the amount of health and hunger crock pot items heal is just outstanding.

not to mention monster meat now has a purpose other than killing you.

discuss.

Guest Dandytard

Try running off without a light source into the darkness.

Then start a new game, And you'll see that you must cook on a campfire once again.

Therefore your statement is false.

Yeah you're right. The crock pot is for making better food, so it has to heal more/ fill your stomach more than normal food. But there's one advantage using normal cooked stuff..It's stackable and the crock stuff isn't. so if you're goint to a long journey you have to take some high stacks of berries/meat etc. with you. Otherwise your inevntory would be overloaded.

Guest Dandytard

Yup, Since the crackpot uses about 4-5 slots I believe? When you need quantity over quality, It's better to use the campfire.

Guest Dandytard

You have to fill the crackpot up fully in order to cook a meal? It has about 4 slots for the food ( Or five, unsure) that you must fill in, in order for it to cook.

Then start a new game, And you'll see that you must cook on a campfire once again.

Actually, you don't need to die for this science and researched items to reset. I had them yesterday then logged on today and they reset. However, if you had a game running prior to this update and have any of the items built that aren't researched they'll still be there.

Yup, Since the crackpot uses about 4-5 slots I believe? When you need quantity over quality, It's better to use the campfire.

A crockpot has 4 slots, each slot needs to be filled in order to use it. I have no clue why you'd think it has 5 slots as opposed to 4.

And yes Crock pots are amazing. Well worth the materials it takes to create one.

Best recipes: Stuffed Eggplants (Eggplant 1st slot, then 3 vegetables), Honeyed Ham (Honey 1st slot, then 3 meat) and Dragon Pie (Dragon Fruit 1st slot, then 3 berries or 3 berries and a pumpkin though I'm unsure on that).

Once you Crock, you know how to rock.

Guest Dandytard
A crockpot has 4 slots, each slot needs to be filled in order to use it. I have no clue why you'd think it has 5 slots as opposed to 4.

Because I'm a village idiot who gets his crockpot slot numbers mixed up due to bad memory.

LOL

I'm starting to catch myself opening threads only to see Dandytard's comments. Man, it cracks me up. He should be given a "Comedian" title or something.

Anyway, you guys know that you can Cook in the campfire then used the cooked food in the crackp... I mean, crockpot, right? By doing this I do believe that you raise the quality of the final product, meaning that it feeds and heal more. Could someone please confirm this?

LOL

I'm starting to catch myself opening threads only to see Dandytard's comments. Man, it cracks me up. He should be given a "Comedian" title or something.

Anyway, you guys know that you can Cook in the campfire then used the cooked food in the crackp... I mean, crockpot, right? By doing this I do believe that you raise the quality of the final product, meaning that it feeds and heal more. Could someone please confirm this?

Yes that is correct. Always cook it prior to putting it in the Crackpipe :p

Actually, you don't need to die for this science and researched items to reset. I had them yesterday then logged on today and they reset. However, if you had a game running prior to this update and have any of the items built that aren't researched they'll still be there.

And yes Crock pots are amazing. Well worth the materials it takes to create one.

Best recipes: Stuffed Eggplants (Eggplant 1st slot, then 3 vegetables), Honeyed Ham (Honey 1st slot, then 3 meat) and Dragon Pie (Dragon Fruit 1st slot, then 3 berries or 3 berries and a pumpkin though I'm unsure on that).

Once you Crock, you know how to rock.

I think the best recipe is Kabobs, 2 sticks and 2 meat of any kind will gives you 50 hp and 50 food.

My current staples are

Honey ham (2 monster meat, 2 honey)

Stuffed Eggplant (1 eggplant and then some carrots and/or corn)

DragonFruit pie (1 dragon fruit and some carrots and/or corn)

Cooked berries (for the road.)

Because of the crockpot, I want to be hungry. I keep cooking with it and filling my inventory and chests with food. I have TOO much food! If you have a few turbo farms and a crockpot, you will never ever ever run out of food. Unless you don't know what your doing.

Honey Ham gives you like 75 Food and 50 Health dude. The Kabobs i ate gave nothing.

Kabobs are 50/50 I eat almost nothing but them, if they gave you nothing, your game is broken. The reason I said its the best is because its not only 50/50 but its probably the cheapest meal in the entire game.

Edited by SardaTFK

Well the statement is still true, since "ever" is a matter of an entire life since when speaking of yourself it can't be more. So if he goes out into the dark and dies, it would then be a new life and he would have to start over yes, but then his statement wouldn't apply at all.

There's something to chew on.:)

Edited by fivebetwhale
typos

I haven't used the crock pot very much either. I don't like that it's food items don't stack, though I do use it to make meaty stew from monster meat. Now that I know that it can be mixed with honey, I may switch to that recipe instead to make the spideys edible.