Your "must buy game" this Autumn/Winter

TheStupidpancake

And if you are not sure what to avoid:

(Warning profanity title and at site)

http://store.steampowered.com/curator/6858585-Its-****/

Made me laugh, but I wouldn't take that curator seriously. His reviews are extremely short and don't give any real information, and he called Wasteland 2 a Fallout ripoff. I normally don't stone people to death, but when you're dumb enough to call Wasteland a Fallout ripoff..

Definitely the new Borderlands and Binding of Issac. I am sorta hyped for Aliens:Isolation, but I'm gonna see if its worth it later on when its released.

Usually when a videogame based around a movie (or series of movies) is made it's around the same time as the film and they're only worth around $20 when they come out, quickly dropping to $5 new at local Gamestops because they were just made to be promotional hype instead of games in their own right. Pre-orders actually being a thing and the fact that there hasn't been an Aliens movie since 1997 has me extremely damn hyped about this. They're not making a promotion, they're making an actual game!

If Isolation flops, I'm permanently losing hope in video games based around films.

no but really, wasn't it an aliens game that promised this or that, people preordered it, then it really sucked?

I'm assuming you mean this. I honestly hadn't played it, but the reviews for it are mostly negative. Isolation is being developed by an entirely different team of people, though, so I'm hopeful.

Crypt of the NecroDancer. the only game that I have/will have bought in this year.

99% positive reviews out of 1000+ on Steam, a soundtrack that I've listened to excitedly five times in a row, a fresh and original idea.. yeah, it's definitely a must have.

Made me laugh, but I wouldn't take that curator seriously. His reviews are extremely short and don't give any real information, and he called Wasteland 2 a Fallout ripoff. I normally don't stone people to death, but when you're dumb enough to call Wasteland a Fallout ripoff..

I was more tongue in cheek with that "link recommendation" of course, but to be fair since they didn't address the actual flaws and dove right in to the mindless trolling and what the heck, they aren't on the forum::

Well, gee, they read some Fallout creaton people made this game and decided that. 

That's what an ignorant moron typically does. if they played the game demo, maybe if they saw it at least it would have been clear the demo was a wasteland themed sequel, let alone the full game itself. 

(There, now you know what my snarky looks like.) 

Wasn't the last Aliens game completely terrible?

no but really, wasn't it an aliens game that promised this or that, people preordered it, then it really sucked?

I'm also in the burn recovery unit on this game as well. Show me this other game from the other game company doesn't burn as well. 

Well, gee, they read some Fallout creaton people made this game and decided that.

I get the feeling you already know this and I'm just being silly by saying so, but the reason I chose the Wasteland thing as a specific example is because the entire Fallout series was inspired by the game Wasteland. It's like saying the German frankfurter is a rip-off of the American hotdog.

I get the feeling you already know this and I'm just being silly by saying so, but the reason I chose the Wasteland thing as a specific example is because the entire Fallout series was inspired by the game Wasteland. It's like saying the German frankfurter is a rip-off of the American hotdog.

Yep, that's it. But it's hard to be snarky when you get all cerebral. 

I have to say, it's not yet very scary :/

Yeah, it looks like they're kinda relying on the macabre atmosphere. Oohh, that wallpaper has skulls on it. Look out, the clock shows someone being decapitated. Oh no, it's a picture of a ham!

That might be kinda creepy, but it's not really enough to be scary on its own.

It's also helpful to tie creepy stuff to your continued survival in the game. Maybe that'll happen more later in the game.

Yeah, it looks like they're kinda relying on the macabre atmosphere. Oohh, that wallpaper has skulls on it. Look out, the clock shows someone being decapitated. Oh no, it's a picture of a ham!

That might be kinda creepy, but it's not really enough to be scary on its own.

It's also helpful to tie creepy stuff to your continued survival in the game. Maybe that'll happen more later in the game.

I'm still eager to see where the story goes. just recorded another, and a tiny sliver more of the story was uncovered. I expect to be confused the whole way through, but I don't mind (hehe pun).

It's like of Shel Silverstein did horror games.

Oh no, it's a picture of a ham!

GOD NO, ITS TOO SCARY! I DONT WANT THAT GAME ANYMORE! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Ok, but seriously, it may not be scary, but at least they didn't rely on jumpscares as pretty much every horror game nowadays does that.

Ok, but seriously, it may not be scary, but at least they didn't rely on jumpscares as pretty much every horror game nowadays does that.

hmmm wait until you see episode two before you say that.

anyway, it may not be Amnesia levels of scary, but I'm still enjoying it.

Archived