Q&A Thread

Snob

First one blowed my mind. :razz:

Ikr!? Who would have guessed [redacted] were actually [redacted]! It's just BOOM! My favorite in the series is Unwound Future. There's just too much awesomeness, and it ties up all the lose ends so well! And the ending! I cried two times both times I played it! :D

... um, did I say that out loud? uh...

It wasn't a lot of tears... *ahem*

Ikr!? Who would have guessed [redacted] were actually [redacted]! It's just BOOM! My favorite in the series is Unwound Future. There's just too much awesomeness, and it ties up all the lose ends so well! And the ending! I cried two times both times I played it! :grin:

... um, did I say that out loud? uh...

It wasn't a lot of tears... *ahem*

Huh, that's cool. I'm actually still going through Unwound Future! I don't have much time to play with my 3DS nowadays, unfortunately.

Actually I dare say that "Dragons" are actually rather rare.

However, wyverns that are wrongly named "dragons" in video games, those are very common.

Remember kids:

Dragons: Old, ancient and wise creatures, smarter than the average human, has four legs and two individual wings.

Wyverns: More of an animal, has a (usually poisonous) spike on its tail, has two wings on the front legs and two hind legs.

Take that, stupid modern movies and games which don't know the difference.

Well but what about Seth the Scaleless from Dark Souls?

He also does not have 4 legs but is still considerd a Dragon although a mortal one

And then there is the Ancient Dragon from Dark Souls 2 a man made Dragon although wise and having all the other criteria its still not an actual Dragon

I know that those 2 are probably exeptions but still you can't judge an entire species by just a few criteria

In general Dark Souls dragons tend to differ from normal ones

And to be on-topic: Does nayone else like Warhammer 40K just in terms of lore and stuff (havent tried the boardgames cause they are expensive)

Well but what about Seth the Scaleless from Dark Souls?

He also does not have 4 legs but is still considerd a Dragon although a mortal one

And then there is the Ancient Dragon from Dark Souls 2 a man made Dragon although wise and having all the other criteria its still not an actual Dragon

I know that those 2 are probably exeptions but still you can't judge an entire species by just a few criteria

In general Dark Souls dragons tend to differ from normal ones

And to be on-topic: Does nayone else like Warhammer 40K just in terms of lore and stuff (havent tried the boardgames cause they are expensive)

I honestly don't know what's the deal with Seath the Scaleless. Or, if you know it, the Gaping Dragon, also from DkS1. They both seem mutated in some way, and although it's a bit understandable with Seath, who seemed to always have been broken, I simply don't get the Gaping Dragon which has six legs and a huge hole in its chest.

Dark Souls lore sticks very nicely to what a dragon and what a wyvern is. I've done some research and apparently drakes are the same as wyverns, although a bit closer related to dragons than wyverns.

DkS just seems to go a bit further and add some unique backstories to dragons, so also mutations and the like.

About W40K, I've been playing a lot of Dawn of War lately (beat the Chaos campaign on hard, woo!) so naturally I'm also a bit interested in the lore. I've been thinking about buying one of those huge lore books, I'm still uncertain if I should or not.

I honestly don't know what's the deal with Seath the Scaleless. Or, if you know it, the Gaping Dragon, also from DkS1. They both seem mutated in some way, and although it's a bit understandable with Seath, who seemed to always have been broken, I simply don't get the Gaping Dragon which has six legs and a huge hole in its chest.

Dark Souls lore sticks very nicely to what a dragon and what a wyvern is. I've done some research and apparently drakes are the same as wyverns, although a bit closer related to dragons than wyverns.

DkS just seems to go a bit further and add some unique backstories to dragons, so also mutations and the like.

About W40K, I've been playing a lot of Dawn of War lately (beat the Chaos campaign on hard, woo!) so naturally I'm also a bit interested in the lore. I've been thinking about buying one of those huge lore books, I'm still uncertain if I should or not.

oOuls for the most part makes very clear distinctions between a Dragon and a Drake but then we get Dark Souls 2 and the Dragonrider its not much the boss but rather the thing they are suppose to ride

From the name you would guess it would be a Dragon or something among those lines but then you have a look into the Conceptbook and see this

post-203416-0-05612200-1410358622_thumb.

I mean how does this looks like a Dragon in any way shape or form i mean yeah you could say its maybe another breed of Drake but still then his name would be Drakerider not Dragonrider

And the Guardian Dragon is no different although maybe that one was eather made by Aldia or its just mistranslation

Also if you want a good WH40K book i suggest the Eisenhorn trilogie its realy realy good (if you like to know more behind the scenes look at the Empire instead of just seeing the battles)

oOuls for the most part makes very clear distinctions between a Dragon and a Drake but then we get Dark Souls 2 and the Dragonrider its not much the boss but rather the thing they are suppose to ride

From the name you would guess it would be a Dragon or something among those lines but then you have a look into the Conceptbook and see this

attachicon.gifDragonrider.jpg

I mean how does this looks like a Dragon in any way shape or form i mean yeah you could say its maybe another breed of Drake but still then his name would be Drakerider not Dragonrider

And the Guardian Dragon is no different although maybe that one was eather made by Aldia or its just mistranslation

Also if you want a good WH40K book i suggest the Eisenhorn trilogie its realy realy good (if you like to know more behind the scenes look at the Empire instead of just seeing the battles)

Well Dark Souls 2 was made by asians and dragons are an european thing... :p

Just kidding, of course!

DkS does it atleast almost right. I think dragons simply got popular and game devs decided that wyverns look more badass (which is true, imo!), so they took the name dragon because everyone was familiar with it and the physique of the wyverns, because hey, it's medieval legends, who cares about truth, let's just bend it how we want for more sales!

Eh, Dark Souls is weird.

Question for @Mr.P :

Whats does the P stand for? Could it be what I think it is? ... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nope it isnt what you tihnk it is its just the first letter of my actual name nothing more and nothing less and yeah i know im not creative with names for Forums and games but after doing 50 or so for different games you tire out and just try the most basic names and add numbers till it works

Archived