Q&A Thread

Snob

It's simple. Ask each other questions, and answer them (or not) according to your will!

This thread was inspired by those horrible "Ask me" roleplaying threads. This thread is more or less like that, but it's free-for-all so feel free to go crazy. :friendly_wink:

What brought you over to the Klei forums?

Well, I watched a video of the Yogscast playing Don't Starve, which got me into the game itself. I realized that there was a forum button on the menuscreen, and the rest is history.

Mine is still the fourth Doctor Tom Baker, the longer running Doctor on the series' 50+ years of history. (And you are missed Elizabeth Sladen, my favorite companion Sarah Jane Smith.)

MenaAthena, how did you come up with your (rhyming) handle name?

Well, I was trying to come up with a Steam user name. It was originally going to be Athena13, Athena because I liked the name and 13 because that was the age I played my first MMO. However, that name was already taken. So my mom and I tried to come up with something else but she kept coming up with cutesy names. I told her I didn't want people saying stuff like, "Sweetpea, theres a gunner to you right!" and I wanted to have Athena in there somewhere. She suggested MenaAthena and after a few more minutes of thinking I decided that was the best thing we came up with. The rest is history.

Well, I was trying to come up with a Steam user name. It was originally going to be Athena13, Athena because I liked the name and 13 because that was the age I played my first MMO. However, that name was already taken. So my mom and I tried to come up with something else but she kept coming up with cutesy names. I told her I didn't want people saying stuff like, "Sweetpea, theres a gunner to you right!" and I wanted to have Athena in there somewhere. She suggested MenaAthena and after a few more minutes of thinking I decided that was the best thing we came up with. The rest is history.

Well I think "Sweetpea Athena" could have worked too (on that whole dichotomous level of course.) 

And I'm so proud your mom supports your gaming (not thinking all games that kids play lead to the devil possessing you and you kill everybody while reading the Necronomicon or something.) 

Well I think "Sweetpea Athena" could have worked too (on that whole dichotomous level of course.)

And I'm so proud your mom supports your gaming (not thinking all games that kids play lead to the devil possessing you and you kill everybody while reading the Necronomicon or something.)

My mom actually used to be a bit of a nerd herself. She didn't play video games, but she did a lot of roleplaying. She is a really good artist too so she painted figurines and drew her characters. My dad and older brother are big nerds as well. We go out and play board games or roleplay. In fact, part of the reason I'm a gamer now is because my dad got me to play Diablo 2 with him, one of his friends, and my big brother.

How did you get into gaming?

Thanks for reminding me that we'll be the hopefully better guardians of the future. I'll be sure to play video-games with my children (if I do bear children, that is). There's something so refreshing about the demolishment of ignorance as we move into the Information Age. :D

My mom actually used to be a bit of a nerd herself. She didn't play video games, but she did a lot of roleplaying. She is a really good artist too so she painted figurines and drew her characters. My dad and older brother are big nerds as well. We go out and play board games or roleplay. In fact, part of the reason I'm a gamer now is because my dad got me to play Diablo 2 with him, one of his friends, and my big brother.

How did you get into gaming?

I was seven at the time and had a friend named Jerry. He had an older brother named Kim. Kim was showing me this new game where it's not a board or card game, and you sit and make these characters with these numbers...and that's when I started playing D&D and effectively started gaming as we gamers now know it.  

Thanks for reminding me that we'll be the hopefully better guardians of the future. I'll be sure to play video-games with my children (if I do bear children, that is). There's something so refreshing about the demolishment of ignorance as we move into the Information Age. :grin:

He's SPAWNED, he's SPAWNED! The world is either saved or doomed! 

I'll get back to you all lated which one it is. 

Archived