Revelations of the Madman

Percival

Silas shook his head, pushing away those thoughts of urgency, and sat down, to think, to understand what his mind was trying to tell him. Connected to nature, connected to a cycle, connected to life.

He lowered his head, and sat still.

--------

A glimpse of a familiar black could be seen to Dorian's slight right in the distance of the forest.

(I missed some stuff in other places.

Real life is a weird place. But there's not much I can say except this.)

Silas stopped and opened his eyes. Then, in a slight hurry, he opened the pages of his book, ruffling through the leafs.

(Continue your venture, Dorian.

By the way, there was something I neglected to put in the rules area; at the end of every predetermined section, I will rattle off the information collected from the section and the ending progress.)

(TESTS.

Also, I love Dorian's paranoia.)

Silas kept flipping through the pages of his books, stopping on the sheaves holding information on various creatures, then skipping ahead to the next article.

- - - - -

The black shape in the distant neared closer to Dorian; a detail of the soul was changed, but it was a very subtle modification.

(No; the paranoia is just nice, akin to seeing a creature flailing long after it lost.)

(Might become useful, actually.)

Silas moved through the pages, looking for an article listing a creature. He paused in the middle of his search when a familiar voice replied from afar, to his left, and, closing his book, he turned to shout back in his chastising tone, hiding his unspoken worry underneath a sardonic mask.

"You guys really hate me if you keep ditching me."

. . .that came out quieter then he intended. But it was audible enough.

Hastily stopping himself, Francis saw the teen had stopped himself and was now talking to a slightly serious-looking male individual. Without listening to what the pair was talking about, Francis interjected, managing to wheeze "I am here also" between breaths.

Edited by KidneyBeanBoy

Instinctively, Silas hit Francis over the head with his book, not realizing what he was doing.

". . .what did I hit. Did I just hit a victim of child abuse?"

Silas paused for a minute, then hit Francis over the head once more.

"That was kind of fun."

(Those darn scars.)

(On the other hand, if you were talking about Francis' scars, being hit in the head with a book technically wouldn't affect them. Unless the book has a razor blade attached to it.)

Francis rubbed his head, indignified. "Yes, but in case you haven't noticed, there's already one person who is FREAKING UNCONSCIOUS.

Which may or may not be my fault, but that's irrelevant."

Dorian glowered at Francis, still not knowing if he should blame him or not. "She was doing this shadow thing, but then a bush caught on fire so she wasn't a shadow anymore. And then once she wasn't a shadow there were cracks all over her soul. Know what to do?"