Procedural generation bug?

I THINK I read something along the lines of the generation of levels being a little bugged right now, but I am not 100% sure if that's correct (I'm getting old ^^). Anyways, having lost Banks in the previous mission in my new run through story mode I continued on with International and encountered this little issue you see in the pic - I had not really made a whole lot of money or found anything for International to use in a situation like this, so I don't quite think it's intended as it would appear a little TOO random to me.

http://i.imgur.com/AMQ58dU.jpg

Edit: Forum's bugged for me btw, doesn't let me upload pics for some reason...

This is not impossible to get through, unless the room past the lasers is an empty room, which if that is the case, and there's no guard with a passkey, would be a procedural generation bug.  Without further exploring the door after the lasers, you can't really say whether or not there is a guard with a passkey in that room or in any further rooms.

This is not impossible to get through, unless the room past the lasers is an empty room, which if that is the case, and there's no guard with a passkey, would be a procedural generation bug.  Without further exploring the door after the lasers, you can't really say whether or not there is a guard with a passkey in that room or in any further rooms.

No passcard in that downed guard (reason I lamped him one in the first place), guard is behind the laser (I just closed the door after a quick check) and the room to the left is indeed empty. 

No passcard in that downed guard (reason I lamped him one in the first place), guard is behind the laser (I just closed the door after a quick check) and the room to the left is indeed empty. 

Can you submit another image with the room past the lasers explored? It's not explored in your screenshot, and is a definite area for further exploration.

I mean the room south east of you, the one normal door in the laser room on the south-east wall of the laser room.  Hack the lasers, and de-activate them, then explore that room to find out if it's indeed a procedural bug or just an obstacle you must overcome to get through the locked doors.

I still have the savegame but I can't get past the lasers cause all I have is International and she cannot unlock security doors unfortunately >_<

Edit: Oh, the south eastern room - there's nothing inside (when there perhaps should be?)...

I still have the savegame but I can't get past the lasers cause all I have is International and she cannot unlock security doors unfortunately >_<

Edit: Oh, the south eastern room - there's nothing inside (when there perhaps should be?)...

You can get past the lasers by entering Incognita (hacking mode) by pressing spacebar, and hacking the lasers, then when they are completely hacked, turn them off in Incognita. Then proceed to the door on the bottom right of that room(with the lasers) & continuing normally.

Yes I know that - the problem is simply I can't - check this: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/570024674370080176/2F1085E9C65506868707A9E6BF9150F9F7270D26/

And another one prior to the above one: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/570024674370167281/F21099F2E7A9BCE60622D4B2FB49BA803D94AB67/

Btw @ Devs: After alt-tabbing a few times the game went completely bonkers on me with messed up graphics as if half the level was certainly missing. Not 100% if I can reproduce it, but looked like some or other bug to me. Just a heads up.

You can use spacebar to activate Incognita and hack the lasers. This should allow you to pass through. If you can't activate Incognita and there is no daemon program that stops you (this doesn't seem to be the case) then it's a bug, but not with a procedural generation as such.

You  MUST use a supported extension to list pictures. Steam does NOT end with this .jpg, .gif, etc. So host it somewhere else on a graphic site like Imageshak or link the sites only instead.

(They are at the PAX convention, so not likely received until Tuesday or later) 

JoeW, are there some updates you could do to better host Steam screenshots like how you support Twitter?

But back to the strategy discussed

hack those lasers here as mentioned  in the previous posts.

Open Ingcognta, hack the lasers, THEN toggle it OFF after Hacked. Once the lasers are toggled OFF and are down, you can use that S/E door.

if the game crashes/can't toggle Ingognita using Space/the clickable box above your agent profile, then report it as a bug. 

As people have said, until you hack the lasers (necessary to reach the non-security door), you can't say this is an unwinnable situation.

Even if you can't hack them for some reason, which your screenshots so far DON'T show, you might be able to use Internationale's wireless scanner to light up a console behind one of those security doors, and get lucky with the console activation unlocking the doors for you (it's a random event, but it's worth trying for if all else fails).

I'd assumed it was the infrared "alarm" beam instead of lasers. I never try walking through any of those barriers, so I don't remember which is which except laser = death.

Those are definitely lasers and not infrared, it shouldn't be possible to walk into them without dying.  It looks like some bugs are happening here, though it may just be that the screenshot was taken before death? or the lasers are de-activated but there's a graphical bug?  Not really enough information to go on.

I still have that savegame, but didn't have time so far so I didn't start the game since after it bugged out completely on me last night (after taking those few screenshots). Looks like the game doesn't like too much alt tabbing in short time like I did, so when I returned after the fifth or so pic I took, the graphics were a garbled mess and I had to shut down the game.

So in theory at least, Internationale is still alive and well unless the savegame no longer is after the crash, but I can't really tell you more than I already did. No means to open those locked doors, the one guard has no passcard, every room I have access to is a dead end. What more can I say about it? Like - yay, Internationale will live here happily ever after as long as she keeps sitting on the sleeping guard? ... >_<

So, the only ways for me to get out would be if I still had Banks for the locked doors to open, tho she died a mission earlier. Is this perhaps linked to the level creation for the game you started depending on which characters you choose? I somewhat doubt it but who knows. But it's simple, really - it's early access so this sorta stuff is to be expected. Just wanted to let the devs know that in odd situations (I guess), the generation of levels sometimes farks up. 

FFS and edit nr2: Whatever I uploaded here earlier doesn't seem to work for me as I can't access the uploaded file (through STEAM - thank you Valve!!!). Well, craptastic. Anyways, maybe I would have even had a chance to get past there despite the bug or whatever had I been able to KO a guard with the proper passkey when they become more active later on (or when they find an unconscious dude ^^). Alas I stopped trying and just got poor Internationale shot on purpose >_< ... Oh well, time for a new savegame, right?

FFS and edit nr2: Whatever I uploaded here earlier doesn't seem to work for me as I can't access the uploaded file (through STEAM - thank you Valve!!!). Well, craptastic. Anyways, maybe I would have even had a chance to get past there despite the bug or whatever had I been able to KO a guard with the proper passkey when they become more active later on (or when they find an unconscious dude ^^). Alas I stopped trying and just got poor Internationale shot on purpose >_< ... Oh well, time for a new savegame, right?

The format isn't supported by Klei's forums. Either host it yourself on a graphics site like Imageshack or post the link only. 

Sorry to read about your agent loss :( 

Yeah I know what you mean about this forum but that wasn't my problem. The problem was that I loaded up my save from yesterday (which thankfully worked still), then tried to take a picture of Internationale standing at that barrier using incognito - but something borked, aka the image wasn't saved and I am ofc blatantly blaming Steam for it.

No idea what caused this but doesn't matter in the end, it has been the only map creation type bug I ran into in a whole lot of playing so it's prolly not a huge thing at any rate - but next time I run into any issue I'll make a proper report ;)

Archived