Net downlink is hilarious

After finding out that the net downlink effect stacks, I wanted to see what I could do with it. In this run I managed to find 4 so far, and gave them all to Internationale. In this level, most of the firewalls were level 3, so I parasited them all.

This happened:

v2HvX8Q.jpg?1

Here's an album

With some more prep work I bet you can get a few hundred more

Yeah, but what can you do with that AP? You can't move past alerted guards. You can only attack once per turn. Without PWR you can't hack safes or cameras or things in your way. While it appears a bit broken, I don't think it's strongly broken.

Yeah, but what can you do with that AP? You can't move past alerted guards. You can only attack once per turn. Without PWR you can't hack safes or cameras or things in your way. While it appears a bit broken, I don't think it's strongly broken.

combine this with the energy gun ;-)

One round all enemies will be dead!

You can explore practically the whole level in one turn, and maybe even get the objective. If you're unlucky with a guard blocking a doorway you can always cloak, stun or kill. Or just find another route because hey it's not like you can't afford to walk a marathon in a few seconds

Broken or not, it's very useful and it practically becomes a free turn per hack

Seems to me if you cap the Net Downlink at one trigger per item per turn that might help avoid massive numbers, but 4x Net Downlinks is still an extra 8AP per turn if you time your hacks correctly. Maybe they need to a) not stack (and be clear that they won't), or b) have a cool down (so multiple items allows you to use one while the other is cooling, much like the tasers).

A number of items look like they install in the arm. Maybe limit these to two per agent?

combine this with the energy gun ;)

One round all enemies will be dead!

As I understand it, it doesn't matter how much AP you have, you only get one Orange action (melee/gun) per turn. Energy gun saves on ammo, but doesn't grant you magical multiple shots per turn.

As I understand it, it doesn't matter how much AP you have, you only get one Orange action (melee/gun) per turn. Energy gun saves on ammo, but doesn't grant you magical multiple shots per turn.

In theory you are correct but the energy gun has a bug. You can shoot as much as you want for one round. After that round the gun can not be reloaded untill the next assignment. Actually you dont need to reload the gun because the gun gets reloaded once you spawn in the new map.

I can verify that I've killed off a whole level in one turn - I've used double Net Downlink augments combined with an energy gun. Probably will get changed in the future I hope.

I don't really see this as being broken strong, more of a fun little thing you could do if you are so inclined, as the -score/$ from cleaner costs would stop me from using it personally.

i think its just over the top....the cleaner costs are laughable at a later stage of the game....doesn't even hurt. With Anarchy 4 you also get more cash -> more loot from the bodies.

Archived