What is your plan?

I'm curious to find out what everyone's plan is for DST,and by that I mean what are you and your friends going to do after you spawn in(and find each other)?You don't have to give me a detailed to-do list,just a general idea of the things you'd do.

My plan is to be accepted in the closed beta. Anything else is not only gravy, but uncertain how things will work after their internal testing with other Klei people only is over. 

He said once you and your friends spawn in. Stop being such a wet blanket.

I'll probably do what I normally do; grass, twigs, flint, wood and berries.

He said once you and your friends spawn in. Stop being such a wet blanket.

I'll probably do what I normally do; grass, twigs, flint, wood and berries.

My friends and I may spawn in right next to each other, or many screens apart. Or incrementally load. And that's just spawning, not counting anything else different.

We don't know what changes will be done to balance DST, and making strategy how I will play is like me trying to make plans for RoG when all we played was DS vanilla and it wasn't released yet.

"Beta testing" changes things; it's a different way of playing.  

And I've done testing from as early as Pre-alpha.

Strategies are useless when our feedback literally changes how the game is played (or rewritten in this case of a released game multiplayer add on.) 

And consider that klei changes the finished game from user feedback let alone in an alpha/beta testing state, you can bet our feedback will do that IF we are in said closed beta. (Not all of us are guaranteed to get in, including me.)

So sorry if i am posting from experience and not what-if-game-playing fantasy. 

Play with some friends and see if i will or will not lag stupidly bad (cuz we are from different countries, time zones and stuff) if I happen to lag badly I'll just leave it be and give on DST. Gonna also be actin' as the character I'll be playin' as, even if it isnt a roleplay for others. Also gonna be waiting to see if it will change forums to better(specialy the off-topiscs).

I'm going to find 2 flint, 2 twigs make a pick mine a rock, get more flint and twigs to make an axe then chop down trees re-group with friends at a camp fire plan out a base then I don't know what'll happen after that, it'd be base hunting to search for a good spot to set up base (It'd be just me and another friend for a while, I guess but I have a friend who I gifted Don't Starve to when I played the beta and I have another friend who is preparing to get Don't Starve when Together comes out which really wasn't much of a smart move.)

We're planning to work together and explore the Alpha, each with a different character. After everything has been figured out, we will be working together to arrange events. Things like having a hunter hunt down the rest of us players as well as Competing to survive the longest.

I´m going to go far far away from people and do my own thing. I´ll welcome the casual encounter, maybe give them a meal, make some trades and give them a roof to spend the night.

Or I might just be complete psychopath and eat anyone I see. Depends on the kind of mood I´m in. 

You'd like to invite me in for Dinner?

*grasps spear, checks Helmet* 

What do you MEAN by that? 

I am not sure i think my mushrooms based survival won't work anymore, as it, doesn't work in vanilla.

I am planning on updating my RoG survival guide and including information about good DST combos, So far i have a few good ones, like abigail, and wx78 

I think the best thing to do is plan out a comp that would work then just wait

I plan to be Webber Santa.  All I have to do is grow a beard, cautiously watch from a distance to see who's naughty and who's nice, and send my "elves" to those who are naughty, and revive those who are nice.

Or just summon a huge army of spiders and kill everyone, regardless of what they decide to do

I'm going to help my son build an epic base, firepits, crafting machines, farms, bee boxes, a crap-ton of chests, etc..... Then, when he feels comfortable and content with his base, I'm gonna ring the Old Bell* in the middle of camp and watch all that hard work busted up on a Biiiigfoot!!! Hahaha!

Viva la grief!!

*Hopefully the Old Bell will be in the game!

I'm going to help my son build an epic base, firepits, crafting machines, farms, bee boxes, a crap-ton of chests, etc..... Then, when he feels comfortable and content with his base, I'm gonna ring the Old Bell* in the middle of camp and watch all that hard work busted up on a Biiiigfoot!!! Hahaha!

Viva la grief!!

*Hopefully the Old Bell will be in the game!

And here is the example of a wonderful gaming father.

I'm leaving the base-building to my girlfriend, she somehow has a way of making the place more cosy.  As for me: I'll probably take care of gathering materials for us and fending of the hounds and other enemies. All of this of course to make a base camp of epic proportions!............before it gets stomped to oblivion by a deerclops.

Same thing we do to break in every new thing. We'll all hop in and goof off and screw about, exploring every little thing and deliberately doing stupid and counterproductive things just to see what happens. We won't last very long. That's kinda the point.

Then we'll reset the world and make a real go at it. Probably get through winter, get ballsy, climb down a cave, and get mauled.

Archived