Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

NeonElf

[Crash] - Crash on level display

NeonElf    0

Bug Submission:

Category: Crash

Platform: PC

Issue Title: Crash on level display

Issue Description: frequently after I launch a mission but before it displays I get a fatal exception, and the game crashes.

Steps to Reproduce: intermittent.

There was no documents/klei/invisible directory for a log. (only a DoNotStarve directory)

Attached are two mini dump files, and my DXdiag text file.

The exe was running just over 1 gig of memory and I am running a 32 bit machine, but I didn't see it pass the critical 1.2Gb.

DirectX 11 was disabled. Going to try with it enabled to see if it makes a difference.

NeonElf    0

using the DX 11 graphics (by checking the box in the video options) changed the crash to a hang. All dark screen could still hear music, but nothing rendered. no message. I could task switch out, and I took a screen shot of memory usage attached here: post-447359-0-80121800-1409190367_thumb.  Only about 500Megs at the time of capture but had been as high as 8 or 9 hundred previously. 

NeonElf    0

BTW this never happens on the first level, only after I've played a few levels in a row.  Also, with the DirectX hang, I loaded back to the mission briefing screen, not the actual level, as if I had never deployed while the other crash loaded straight into the level.