The Greatest Threat

vanquishbhp

(I thought Dingane was trying to hide his identity?)

Spriggum kicked away the little biting-shadow and grunted.  He did not know anything about a Pantelus or why the man's fire was green.  He did, however, know how to punch things really quite hard.  The demon didn't even have time to launch the fireball before the treeguard's branches met his chest, sending him tumbling across the ground with a series of grisly thuds.

Shana's eyes went wide under the hood that somehow turned into shadow with her at the sight of the green fire. Then the shadow uttered an inaudible sigh of relief when the "lord of lies" was sent tumbling across the ground before any harm was done to the Tree guard.

(@Lord_Battal He was- then Spriggum came along, and his arrogance threw any concealment out of the window.)

Dingane feebly stirred. How was a fat, bumbling tree that strong?

'Y-y-you...!'

Green hellfire erupted around him, and three crawling horrors rose from the earth, terrifying all present.

He hadn't meant to do that, but it was an advantage nonetheless.

The fire illuminated something- a young shadow, shaped like an adolescent girl..?

He put this aside, simply indicating to the Crawling Horrors to kill everyone around, the girl included.

'If we meet again, remember.... we have- a- common enemy...'

And with that, Dingane motioned to Fluffy to grab him and get him out of the scene.

*WHOOSH*

Edited by vanquishbhp

Shana writhed at the light of the fire and let out a whisper-y hiss. The light was almost enough to knock her back into the third dimension. She fell to her knees trying to recover from almost becoming unconscious when she noticed the crawling horror coming toward her.

<Great, another shadow. It's probably one of the only things that can kill me while I'm like this.>

Looking around, she noticed a piece of flint nearby. She grabbed the shadow of the flint and ran with it toward the horror, causing the flint to follow her. Likewise, when she shoved the flint's shadow into it's eye the flint did the same.

"It seems this 'Lord of Lies' has fooled me..." Theodesius sent his circle of light at the shadow beasts in three seperate, wavy strands. The light seemed to surround them, forming holy chains that appeared to squeeze the darkness out of existence.

Dingane blinked. He was in a grassland, thankfully several miles away from the overpowered tree, completely alone.

Well, apart from a strange buffalo-like creature.

Roasted buffalo-like creature now. Dingane smiled, only for his smile to fade as he saw a strange substance on the ground where it had stood.

'What in the world...?'

He picked the strange brown disc up. It was then that he realised Fluffy was hovering over him expectedly.

'Patience, my son.'

He took a nibble, then tossed it to Fluffy. 'That will be enough for the week.' he mused.

Shana had the misfortune of being near one of the crawling horrors when the light chains wrapped around it. She vainly covered her eyes and let out a hiss that turned into a scream as her form became human once more. She fell to the ground, unconscious. 

The shadow-controller gone, Spriggum turned towards the light-man.  It seemed to be fighting the biting-shadows.  While he was occupied, Spriggum charged towards him, ready to smash him into a small pile of ground-up flesh.

(Don't forget, the fire's still there! D:)

'Now you are a mortal, your idiocy has multiplied.'

Dingane turned around to find the brother closest to him in age, Pan'Taleus, Lord of Despair, standing behind him and Fluffy.

'Whereas you are more idiotic than me even when I am in this prison!' Dingane snarled.

Pan'Taleus just laughed.

'But I am still able to serve our brother and master, Az'Modani.' he replied.

'The same demon who locked you in those... chains,' he said, indicating towards the chains binding Pan'Taleus, 'because you were defeated by him in a fight?'

'Never forget that you bear the same burden.'

'ENOUGH!' screamed Dingane, firing a fireball at his brother, who took the blast without even flinching.

Pan'Taleus grimaced. 'Your fate shall satisfy Az'Modani- never forget what he is the Aspect of!'

He dissipated into thin air, leaving a shaking Dingane and a sad Fluffy. He was beginning to like that guy.

(Things just aren't going great for many people right now.)

Theodesius recoiled when he heard the loud thumps of the tree-beast rushing towards him. At first, he had assumed it was a being fighting for justice, but that did not appear to be the case. He tried running out of the way, shouting up at the tree. "No! Why are you attacking me? I did nothing to you!"

His sacred robe had been muddied, but that wasn't a concern quite yet. "You must honor the sun too, surely! You are a tree!" He scampered to his feet, being sure to be a moving target. "You helped me defeat my enemy! I can heal your wounds! We have no need to battle." He'd have to run off if the tree-beast didn't stop, but a potential ally as powerful as he was too much to simply give up on, and he didn't want the tree-beast as an enemy.

Dingane was livid. After his damned brother had decided to insult him so grossly, he needed to smash something.

He set off to the south, heading for the nearest Checkerboard Biome, as his brothers had called it. It was easy to find- Dingane was not surprised by this. It was definitely more mechanical than the rest of the world.

He spotted a Clockwork Castle and prepared a fireball to kill it.

And then it turned round and spotted him.

Spriggum nodded in understanding.  "Can't...leave...you...alone...can...I."  He says.  Setting Shana on his shoulder, he went off to find Theo.  He had been interested in its  comments on the sun.  Trees and plants and the like do not worship the sun; they treat it with the sort of respect one might treat an expensive feast or drink.  Spriggum was curious about it's comment about "You must honor the sun, too."  What kind of creature worships a meal?

Edited by Lord_Battal

Shana smiled. For the first time since she came to this wretched place she felt safe. Perhaps her protector only thought of her as a burden, but maybe she could change that. Maybe... they could even become friends.

As Shana looked out on the land, many questions swirled through her mind. She eventually settled on one to ask.

"Do you have a name?"