Invisible, Inc. Early Access: What to Expect

• Developer

Hey everyone!

Now that Invisible, Inc. has now launched on Early Access, I wrote a little something to describe what you can expect from us and the game. Please feel free to give us feedback -- the whole point of this is for us to be able to interact directly with you!

How often will you update?
We will be updating once a month, unless extraneous circumstances arise. In general, each update will be themed on either the corporations getting stronger, or the agency getting more options.

How long will this game be in Early Access?
We have a plan to complete our core set of content in early 2015, and we will be adjusting our plan based on feedback.

When is the first update going to happen?
Our first update will be hitting on Tuesday September 16, 2014, then every month after that. Our first update is focused on (1) early bug fixes, (2) balance updates, and (3) more enemy content to create more interesting scenarios for everyone. More on this as we discuss with our community early reactions!

What is currently in the Early Access?
The current version includes 4 playable agents, a whole host of programs and upgrades, 3 corporations, a Story Mode, and an unlockable Endless Mode.

What features will the full version have?
Note that we may fluctuate the exact features based on feedback! We currently have planned: more playable agents, an additional corporation, more mission locations, a lot more agent items, and more enemies for the agents to fall to.

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
The game is $19.99, and for the duration of Early Access it will be 20% off, at $15.99.

I've got feedback! Where do I give it?
In the feedback and suggestions forums! Also, we love to hear your agency strategies in the strategies forum.

Playing it right now and loving it!....  Love the new UI and the characters look bigger to me (thats a good thing)  The cover against the walls is great too, and the voice acting and story set up is nice.  I'm going to enjoy this.  Can't wait to unlock endless mode because I can't see me ever stopping myself from playing this game!

• Developer

Why did you cut two agents and who did you cut?

We cut two agents because we wanted to make sure they felt different from the other agents, well-realized and most importantly fun to play. Even though we had some of the assets done for the other two agents, we're still working on making sure every agent in the game is dynamic and provides interesting new opportunities for play.

We'll be working on new agents as the beta progresses, and maybe bringing back an old one or two. :)  

Hi all,

I just acquired the game and i'm having a lot of fun! Congratulations on the game art, music and theme!

I have no real bugs to report, but I noticed that on the mission selection screen, the world map, the city in Brasil it is presented as "Porta Alegre" I guess you meant Porto Alegre!

Again, congratulations on the game, really excited to see more developments!

Cheers,

I'm quite impressed with the transition from the Alpha to the Early Access (is it considered a Beta by this point?). The UI and interface overhaul in particular looks very good. I was wondering what was up with the game during that quiet period, but this is looking to be worth the wait. Can't wait to get deeper into this later.

Guys, I just wanna say the transition from Alpha to Early Access...I'm in love with it. It's GREAT. I enjoyed it before, but pretty much every change I approve of. I can't say anything else.

Can we post videos, btw? There's no video subforum

Wow, just, wow! Amazing! Really well done. I'm sure I'll have critiques at some point, but right now I'm just blown away by the level of polish you've added and how fast and fluid it plays. I'm getting owned and loving it.

As an aside, did the old forum posts get blown away? Understandable that they're hidden. This is essentially a clean slate, and it could really confuse people just joining, but it be nice if they were somewhere, if only for the nostalgia factor.

Coming from the Alpha, I think you've hit exactly the right balance for how actions and movement works. That little indicator that shows how many AP you have left is super helpful.

Wow, just, wow! Amazing! Really well done. I'm sure I'll have critiques at some point, but right now I'm just blown away by the level of polish you've added and how fast and fluid it plays. I'm getting owned and loving it.

As an aside, did the old forum posts get blown away? Understandable that they're hidden. This is essentially a clean slate, and it could really confuse people just joining, but it be nice if they were somewhere, if only for the nostalgia factor.

Coming from the Alpha, I think you've hit exactly the right balance for how actions and movement works. That little indicator that shows how many AP you have left is super helpful.

Hey there, 

Everything is still here, I just moved it to an archive: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/forum/68-invisible-inc-alpha-archive/

We think it's important to have it stick around a while, not just for nostalgia, but also so you can refer back to past conversations, ideas and feedback. 

And, thanks for the kind words. Looking forward to your feedback.

Hi. I've just finished the Sotry Mode and I'm pretty impressed how the game evolved! Very playable and clear, good work! Just that sometimes the agent's action counter is behind the open door button, but it's nothing a rotation can fix, just a bit confusing to the eye.

Ah, and new agents pictures just get classier, congrats to the artist(s)!

as i remember i pre-order this game 2 month ago or so since it will have linux support, is it cooming soon? or it will be after the realease in 2015?? :(

from their own FAQ

Will you be releasing Invisible, Inc. to other platforms? Which ones? 

Invisible, Inc. will be available on PC Steam first; we will expand out from there as we progress towards launch. For now, we’re specifically focused on PC Steam for the Alpha.

Klei is anything but shy.

When they release a game on another platform, they will let you know, most likely on the top of the forum (until some time after the release) everywhere, let alone on any blogs/social media sites they represent or partner with. 

This may not be the right topic for this, but I have a question for those, who've already bought the game: do you think someone, who's very bad at turn-based games, will be able to enjoy Invisible Inc. anyway?

The game looks fun and I want to play it, but I'm a bit wary, because if the good chunk of childhood I wasted on failing at HOMM 3 taught me anything, it's that turn-based games are not for me.

It could be, if you accept losing is part of the game (expect to lose often). If you play game like Don't Starve, FTL, Spelunky (and lots of others "roguelikes/lites") that use to trash your progress when you die and you are okay with that,you maybe could enjoy it.I f you like turn-based gameplay, wether you're good or not, you could still have fun to go the further you can (which is the point of the endless mode). Be aware that this is nothing like HOMM. The best I believe is that you watch some let's play videos.

Or you could also wait for the game to have more content, and then enjoy the discovery.

It could be, if you accept losing is part of the game (expect to lose often). If you play game like Don't Starve, FTL, Spelunky (and lots of others "roguelikes/lites") that use to trash your progress when you die and you are okay with that,you maybe could enjoy it.I f you like turn-based gameplay, wether you're good or not, you could still have fun to go the further you can (which is the point of the endless mode). Be aware that this is nothing like HOMM. The best I believe is that you watch some let's play videos.

Or you could also wait for the game to have more content, and then enjoy the discovery.

What Raaaahman wrote. it's not as much a turn based thing you have to get used to but the perma-death of Roguelinke games for many. Planning is vital, and losing your last operative means you start over from the beginning. ANd bluntly, you are expected to die to learn from your mistakes what not to do next time. 

Assuming you understand this and can adapt, give it a try! 

If you play game like Don't Starve, FTL, Spelunky (and lots of others "roguelikes/lites") that use to trash your progress when you die and you are okay with that,you maybe could enjoy it.

What Raaaahman wrote. it's not as much a turn based thing you have to get used to but the perma-death of Roguelinke games for many.

Thanks for the replies.

Well, if perma-death is the hardest aspect of the game, I can live with that. It's time to see if my strategic thinking skills have improved since I was 8!

It's not just perma-death, but more about how brutally it can happen. Because the game is about acquiring information, sometimes there gonna be casualties for an info you missed. Once you're obviously in a fight, you are already in bad position because your operatives are really fragile.

It could be frustrating if you're not aware that loosing, learning and trying again is totally part of the gameplay. Also, don't expect every map to be doable 100% with no loss, they're not intended to. Knowing what you can do and when to fall back is equally part of the gameplay.

Well, it seems that the game is more about trying hard than winning afterall.

What Raaaahman wrote. it's not as much a turn based thing you have to get used to but the perma-death of Roguelinke games for many. Planning is vital, and losing your last operative means you start over from the beginning. ANd bluntly, you are expected to die to learn from your mistakes what not to do next time. 

Assuming you understand this and can adapt, give it a try! 

I'm loving this game!... This game is the type of spy/espionage game I've always wanted.  My only other favorite Spy games are "Sid Meier's Covert Action.  It had a random set up, so  each time you played, it would be different. Spy vs Spy.  you could play your friends or the computer.  you had intel spread out all though these rooms and you had to find all the intel and escape buy setting traps for your friends/computer and making sure you didn't fall for any of their traps.  The intel was always place in random rooms; so no one could win by remembering where everything was.  I love that Invisible Inc is reminiscent of those games for me. I love that I can play randomly generated spy missions for as long as I want.  I love that it's perma-death because a spy game should always have that sense of danger around every corner, perma-death helps to keep you always alert and awear of your surroundings, like a real spy should be.  I love that it's turn based and not real time because its a great way to map out my strategy and help you think things through before you act (every great spy missions needs thorough planning).  I love the cover system.  This game has all the random fun of Cover Action and Spy Vs Spy with the icing on the cake being the cover system and awesome stealth.  Thank you for making the spy game of my dreams KLei

If I have any nit picks it would be 2 small ones.  I had the early version before the the public steam released version.  I liked the idea of infiltrating a building and taken the elevator from floor to floor, it gave me the feeling I was infiltrating a large facility with many floors and rooms.....  Now when I pass a missions, it takes me to the world map and it can be a bit jarring, but no big deal because I like the voice acting and the set up for the next mission.  Also I don't know if this is a bug, or its just do to the game not being finished, but I don't hear the voice actor after the first mission, it goes to text only.  I've seen finished games in the past do the same.  You'd have voice acting for some parts then all of a sudden it just becomes a wall of text you have to read.  I'd love it if we heard the female voice actor every time we entered a new mission.

Over all this game is beautiful! and it has jumped to one of my favorite games of all time.  Keep up the good work.  You're making this vet gamer here very happy :)

Archived