Don't Starves PVP is going to be as intresting as two pigs fighting

If there're some weapon that drain target's sanity it should be entertain me. Drain their sanity to zero and you will get more allies even though you can't see them.

There is a sanity draining weapon already, the bat bat. But how do you ally with the shadow creeps? :indecisiveness:

I did not mean this serious. I like the idea for PvP.

There should NOT be servers that just go and go and go and go and go. It should be matchmaking style, so when you and your friends or strangers meet up in a lobby you all say I'm ready. Then you guys start a match, and once you guys are done playing, or everyone dies, it's over. Not some gay Rust style server, where someone who has honey poultice and tentacle spikes gallore can hunt down new comers. Of course what you mentioned is completely absurd, and I am beyond sure that Klei have already worked out the perfect way to have FUNCTIONING multiplayer that is balanced for all.

first off, homophobic statements and just yelling how things are going to be without any confirmation only makes you look bad.(and your blind faith in Klei and their balance skills, to the point of thinking they already know how to do everything, makes me worried...)

Now, if you think about how Don't Starve is made, so that all players feel like building a base, settling down and enjoying a kinda long game(something I like to call a sedentary game), and in no situation it's ever about killing things, but more about surviving(which I think is called a survival game), you'll realise that this game is not made so the PvP mode would be a Street Fighter-like thing, where people just join in and start the fighting for some minutes, but more like a settle-down-get-ready-and-only-fight-in-when-ready-or-in-emergencies-while-possibly-being-friendly-with-some-players-and-maybe-even-making-a-team-game.

So I think Don't Starve PvP would actually be like this "gay Rust style server" thing you're describing.(or maybe not. All I know about Rust is that it's some early access survival game anyway....)

Agreed.  It's like trying to rate a game by its trailer.

Because that is literally what it is.

The saying you mean is "Don't judge a book by its cover". Respect the books. Books are love, books are knowledge, and thus power. I am not a Wickerbottom fan at all obviously...

Archived