The Hype Thread

Subscriber01236

half-life-3-logo.jpg?w=525

There is no hype left.

Also, I never understood Awesomenauts. The strategy to the game is so damn basic, and the characters have flat play styles. It mostly just comes down to who can burst their spells first, then hit people with their pea shooters until their spells are back up. Theres barely any ways to change your playstyle.

At least, that's how you play Clunk, Lonestar, Genji, Coco, Froggy G, Voltar, Leon, Vinnie, Ayla, Derpl, Raylnn, Skoldir, and Swiggins.

Gnaw and Yuri are just about being annoying as ****, aka anti fun.

Edit: Oh yeah, Sentry and Skree are just bastards.

Double Edit: Ronimo did a poor job of making it both fun to play a character, and to play against. 90% of my kills are me chasing after someone who is running, punching them in the back, with the enemy not being able to do anything, 90% of my deaths are because I have no choice but to run, while someone punches me in the back. Its a battle of who can move in the most irritating way.

half-life-3-logo.jpg?w=525

There is no hype left.

Also, I never understood Awesomenauts. The strategy to the game is so damn basic, and the characters have flat play styles. It mostly just comes down to who can burst their spells first, then hit people with their pea shooters until their spells are back up. Theres barely any ways to change your playstyle.

At least, that's how you play Clunk, Lonestar, Genji, Coco, Froggy G, Voltar, Leon, Vinnie, Ayla, Derpl, Raylnn, Skoldir, and Swiggins.

Double Edit: Ronimo did a poor job of making it both fun to play a character, and to play against. 90% of my kills are me chasing after someone who is running, punching them in the back, with the enemy not being able to do anything, 90% of my deaths are because I have no choice but to run, while someone punches me in the back. Its a battle of who can move in the most irritating way.

@MeingroessterFan

PURGE THE NON BELIEVER

PURGE HIM

I will give your soul to the Void Moth when grim genji comes out

U really don't understand awesomenauts by saying that it seems

@MeingroessterFan

PURGE THE NON BELIEVER

PURGE HIM

I will give your soul to the Void Moth when grim genji comes out

U really don't understand awesomenauts by saying that it seems

Obviously being max rank and having 80 hours means I don't have an opinion.

It's too simplistic, and theres no variation in a Nauts game play. In a game like Dota 2, your champ has 4 different spells, as well as items that can make a huge difference in game play, along with having 4 other team members instead of 2, who you actually have to cooperate with, and you need to have synergy with. You can also play one champion in a lot of different ways, and there's a lot more variation.

Also, I'm going to leave this thread forever, because this is irrelevant to the topic, and I'm being a 1337 gamur snob.

It's too simplistic, and theres no variation in a Nauts game play. In a game like Dota 2, your champ has 4 different spells, as well as items that can make a huge difference in game play, along with having 4 other team members instead of 2, who you actually have to cooperate with, and you need to have synergy with. You can also play one champion in a lot of different ways, and there's a lot more variation.

Also, I'm going to leave this thread forever, because this is irrelevant to the topic, and I'm being a 1337 gamur snob.

Max rank doesn't mean what you think it means, it just means you have spent a lot of time, anybody can reach max level with enough time. You can even raise your level in practice matches against the derpy bots. But that's not the point, and since i don't want to start a argument, i'll stop here and let the other people do the explaining.

(at least you didn't say genji was overpowered, it saddens me when people says that because he is underpowered)

Max rank doesn't mean what you think it means, it just means you have spent a lot of time, anybody can reach max level with enough time. You can even raise your level in practice matches against the derpy bots. But that's not the point, and since i don't want to start a argument, i'll stop here and let the other people do the explaining.

(at least you didn't say genji was overpowered, it saddens me when people says that because he is underpowered)

Okay, Genji is a little bit of an exception, in the right hands he can be pretty powerful as something more than a support. But most other characters don't have the same sort of variation. IM LOOKING AT YOU, AYLA

Also 1v1 me scrub ill destroy you on my alt. get rekt m8. prestige 9001

Also, I never understood Awesomenauts.

Soo, what you're trying to say is you spent 80 hours playing a game you don't like...

I don't think I should actually comment on that.

Okay, Genji is a little bit of an exception, in the right hands he can be pretty powerful as something more than a support. But most other characters don't have the same sort of variation. IM LOOKING AT YOU, AYLA

Also 1v1 me scrub ill destroy you on my alt. get rekt m8. prestige 9001

99% of aylas are rage aylas.

Bro do u even lift? U r not pro unless u have over 9000 hours

Do not rain on our parade m8

LET US BE HYPED FOR THIS GRIM GENJI

Soo, what you're trying to say is you spent 80 hours playing a game you don't like...

I don't think I should actually comment on that.

It's because I enjoyed the game. At the time, then when I finally played all the champs, and realized that for the most part, all of them have ONE play style that trumps the rest, I just kind of stopped.

I'm not arguing against the game because I never liked it, I'm arguing because the game at the core loses a lot of its footing, and doesn't seem to be built for long lasting play, like most other MOBA style games are.

For real tho, 1v1's. Imma bring out dat Vinnie & Spike.

It's because I enjoyed the game. At the time, then when I finally played all the champs, and realized that for the most part, all of them have ONE play style that trumps the rest, I just kind of stopped.

I'm not arguing against the game because I never liked it, I'm arguing because the game at the core loses a lot of its footing, and doesn't seem to be built for long lasting play, like most other MOBA style games are.

Okay, but when you said you never understood the game, I took that to mean you never enjoyed it.

I'd give a more on-topic post, but I can't think of anything I'm really excited for at the moment. What am I even looking forward to? Uuuuhhhh... I guess we might get an ending to Homestuck eventually. That'll probably be exciting when it happens years from now.

I play Genji with buying monarch blessing last after everything else is maxed out.

Come at me bro.

Srsly though, we should probably get back on the topic of hype.

It mostly just comes down to who can burst their spells first, then hit people with their pea shooters until their spells are back up. Theres barely any ways to change your playstyle.

Genji, 

RANT RANT GET OUT NOW

If anything genji is the character with the MOST changes in his strategy (regardless hes UP as heck but still). It's not all about killing, you can be decimated by the enemy team, they all have 10 kills each and you have maybe 1 each, but you end up winning, BECAUSE your naut set up allowed for you to easily push into their base and destroy them.

It mostly just comes down to who can burst their spells first, then hit people with their pea shooters until their spells are back up. Theres barely any ways to change your playstyle. At least, that's how you play Clunk, Lonestar, Genji, Coco, Froggy G, Voltar, Leon, Vinnie, Ayla, Derpl, Raylnn, Skoldir, and Swiggins.

OK then, lets go through some examples.

Clunk, ok i'll give you him, he is basically the heavy of the game.

Lonestar: You can upgrade your bull and with some simple upgrades, you become a PUSHER, you're not very strong, and you wont do much damage, BUT you become a excellent PUSHER, you can easily push back the enemies defenses and attack their turrets/ drills with your droids, you can even cheese in a few shots when theres no droids around.

If you buy some simple Distracting upgrades, you can blind your opponents, disorienting them, forcing them to wait before they can accurately fight back.

Genji: HAHAHAHAHAHA! He is the weakest attacker in the game with no naturally offensive abilities, you make me laugh, did you ever play as him? Anyway *ahem* Well yes you could go pelting enemies with your weak butterfly shot, OR you can buy monarch blessing perks, which can allow you to give your entire team a damage absorbing shield, protecting the heavy and light characters from massive damage via like a clunk or anything, you can become a PUSHER with the ability for teammates when buffered, to get a massive speed increase, moving them to the battlefield/ escaping even faster AND THEN you can have a BURST heal up to 30 HP and that applies to ALL of your teammates, PLUS the shield they get making your team a force to be reckoned with. 

Coco: she is the Demoman of this game so to say, she can easily destroy turrets AND Gnaws weedlings with ease, using her abilities. For turrets other than the standard damage upgrades, you can buy a upgrade that allows her to PIECE the turrets damage, doing more damage to it then any other naut in the shortest time period, she is the advancer of the game, and her blaze trail can be changed to a quick "oh crap" button where she can rapidly increase her speed and fly away.

Froggy G is the poker, he is naturally the scout of the game, not damage wise though, He can use his attacks to take shots to the face without taking damage thanks to some upgrades, so he can also be a shield if you want (The tornado powerup that spits enemies items back at them will wreck a lonestar anyday, and his invinsibility frames using teh dash allow him to take damage head first for the team)

Voltar: "Just killing people" HAHAHA, He is the medic, except his only force of attack is in the form of the suicide drones, you can either let them passively shoot at people but if you dont risk loosing them, you wont get a single kill. Anyway His upgrades are all about healing people, and also helping push the team, even by himself, he has knockback upgrades to his most important abilities (healbot and healing waves) so he can PUSH, but he is mostly a healer.

Leon: He's the Spy of the game, so i'll give you that one as well (Lifesteal Leon is a pain in the butt though)

Vinnie: He's much more of a poker as well, anyway, his smoke screen is for anything but killing, it can become a beast when you upgrade it and not because it kills things, but because it is the opposite of Genji, it de buffs the team and makes your team (especially you) stronger while you're in it and it can stop enemy droids from even attacking, so he can easily become a PUSHER with that loadout.

Ayla: I wanna shoot you in the face right now Ayla is a straight up killer and glass cannon i'll give you that, BUT she can also become a buffer using a few different upgrades, the Rubberband ball can buff your teams speed while you are raged, you can mark critters for death allowing your team mates to get better spoils out of their critters, (making her a semi healer), and she can become even stronger if weakened enemies are around her, letting her deal with all the damage giving enemies while the others work on getting more health.

Derpl, basically A Sentry from TF2 with teh wrangler, made to defend, so if he can't kill he cant really defend, he can do some minor trapping with his mines, but he is basically a one trick pony (Mein pls dont kell me)

Raelynn: Again Debuffs, forcing enemies to retreat, TRAPPING enemies in time rifts helping her team dispatch of them (and she can spawn in a humming drone to defend your droids) though she also has a focus on killing (long distance sniper) so i'll give you that.

Skolldir: Kindof similar to Rae, Debuffs, DOT, trapping (Being thrown in to a turret and being stunned is not helpful let me tell you), yada yada 

Swiggins: He focuses on crowd control, you can easily upgrade his anchor denying enemies their escape, you can work on a no hambolt loadout, where you have a weaker ranged attack at all times but have extra mobility and even a damage absorbing shield, you can get blinding upgrades.

Really though? You didn't note the really unique ones (Sentry, Skree, Gnaw just some examples, as infuriating as you might find then, they have a ton of diversity) with obviously loads of different ways of attacking, which makes me sad. and yet even sadder im too lazy to spend another 30 minutes typing this all up in the middle of night (stupid misclicks).

Though imo sometimes its not about having completly different playstyles, but the different ways you change up those playstyles (etc, do you do for a more risky Ayla with increased damage, but increased self damage? Or do you play it safe, with a bigger rage bubble while your teammates get a speed boost. Do you take the glass cannon route for her Evil eye? or do you make it easier to get the strongest evil eye without having to take much damage, but sacrifice 1 or 2 powerfull upgrades for it)

END RANT

tumblr_n0veqbVs7w1s0v6iho3_400.gif

Me writing this ^

I angri m8, y u atack my feelings brah?

As you can tell i got more and more tired near the end of that rant so i kindof stopped caring as much.

Dude I wreck V&S's m8. Yous gonna croaks you hears? (I kindof want that 1v1 btw m8)

Ok guys and gals i think we should stop derailing the hype train, IT HAS NO BRAKES!

Just continue this argument in my status or something im too tired to care.

Now if you excuse me, i need a 10+ hour nap.

Archived