GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PVP BOYS<

I really don't get it. It will be optional so why bother arguing? I know people think PvP shouldn't exist or should always be on but no matter what it's going to be optional, no matter if it's boring or flawed. If Klei didn't give an option they would be slicing the online community in (roughly). Personally I like the idea of PvP and would most likely play on servers with it enabled( unless they REALLY mess things up). I think it's adds more tension

1. That's like saying, "The water hole is poisoned, but you can still drink from it.", imo. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but I am quite tired of hearing the same fallback statement over and over.

2. That falls on handling griefers, which i'm sure Klei will make some changes to help deal with.

3. Players can just set up bases around the spawn areas, complete with farms and crap. And uh....making an effigy out of meat and wood isn't weird? Nor the fact that you can gladly eat raw meat?

1)well, after the world settings menu, the "caves are optional" thing that went on before RoG and even Multiplayer I'd expect this kind of thing to be acceptable.

2)there'll always be the option to ban, just as there will always be another guy trying to grief.

3)it has already been announced that there may be multiple(or random) spawn points(also optional! Yay), so camping near spawn is not viable for cannibalistic reasons, since there won't be any spawn. and it's not because it's weird, but because some people would get really offended(not me. I'd love to be able to savour some Strongman flesh), and this isn't exactly something Klei would want after making a decision that seems to be mostly to please the masses.

1)well, after the world settings menu, the "caves are optional" thing that went on before RoG and even Multiplayer I'd expect this kind of thing to be acceptable.

And then having masses of people who moan and complain about how [insert thing here] isn't available on the server. The problem with free choice is that it eventually gets a certain level of entitlement along with it.

Ugh....that'll be so much fun.

This is a small part of it, but I want to play with people that are actually nice, not ones that are forced to be through strict rules. If that ends up being the case, it won't even matter if they accidentally hit me. I'll just laugh.

Some seem to want to find unpleasant people to play with just to say "haha you can't hurt me."

And remembering games like DayZ makes me glad the PvP part of the MP game is optional. As in, if I want to play a co-op only game with my friends, i can. 

*Embracing optional.* 

Maybe, just maybe, I'll play some PvP, but d-head moves illustrated above will not be tolerated and I'll just leave. Good luck winning when nobody sticks around to play. 

Dude plays multiplayer game.
Dude gets his feelings hurt by other people in multiplayer game
Dude stops playing multiplayer game.
Dude plays singleplayer game.
Dude's game is getting multiplayer.
Dude gets scared that other people will hurt dude's feelings again.
Dude gets upset.
Dude comes to forums and complains about game mechanics he doesn't fully understand because he is upset.
Dude argues with those who have more wisdom or knowledge than him on the subject because he is upset.
Dude loses all rationality and formulates opinions based on his feelings
because
he
is
upset.

Dude gets upset.

Dude comes to forums and complains about game mechanics he doesn't fully understand because he is upset.

Dude argues with those who have more wisdom or knowledge than him on the subject because he is upset.

because

he

is

upset.

DST\PvP\Flare2V: 1, variable "Dude" is not defined

But seriously, why'd you revive the aggression of this topic? :indecisiveness:

Dude gets upset.

because

he

is

upset.

DST\PvP\Flare2V: 1, variable "Dude" is not defined

But seriously, why'd you revive the aggression of this topic? :indecisiveness:

Dude, where's my Point?

Right, there is none!

Let's move on....

Dude, where's my Point?

Right, there is none!

Let's move on....

You could take a number of things from my post, but the most important one is that the "dude" can be anybody, and because of this, these threads will never stop appearing. There's no point in replying to them ever. This post wasn't to further discussion in this thread, it was to stop them from rising up again in the first place. A little ironic, I know, but I'm trying.

Archived