So Summer 2014 is the alpha, right?

I AM GOING TO BE IN SCHOOL!  I will make so many don't starve jokes, and NO ONE WILL KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!  I will be so emotional.

I seem to remember two main options; you may find more:

Be ostracized for all those "weird" things you say. become the "freak." 

Join up with like-minded people who love DS also. Quietly (or openly depending on popularity) mock others for "Not having a clue about Don't Starve." 

Assuming you don;t fund other ways, number two is much more fun. 

*said the drama high school student.*

I seem to remember two main options; you may find more:

Be ostracized for all those "weird" things you say. become the "freak." 

Join up with like-minded people who love DS also. Quietly (or openly depending on popularity) mock others for "Not having a clue about Don't Starve." 

Assuming you don;t fund other ways, number two is much more fun. 

*said the drama high school student.*

Man, I just got out of Middle School, my public school system sucks for fact.

Summer? What summer? There are 13°C outside right now, whereas the nights should be up to 20-25°C in August.

It's so cold outside that I have to wear long trousers and socks.... socks all the time!! I only wear them in this combination whilst summer.

3622551940_socks_with_flip_flops_2_31_xl

And no, I'm not from the southern hemisphere I'm from Europe.

Everyday cold and rainy weather with fog in the morning. It's some kind of spring/autumn outside.

Seriously, I swear I've seen a Mosling running around in my garden. This isn't summer or the summer already ended. So we have to wait until 2015.

Summer? What summer? There are 13°C outside right now, whereas the nights should be up to 20-25°C in August.

It's so cold outside that I have to wear long trousers and socks.... socks all the time!! I only wear them in this combination whilst summer.

3622551940_socks_with_flip_flops_2_31_xl

And no, I'm not from the southern hemisphere I'm from Europe.

Everyday cold and rainy weather with fog in the morning. It's some kind of spring/autumn outside.

Seriously, I swear I've seen a Mosling running around in my garden. This isn't summer or the summer already ended. So we have to wait until 2015.

Mark of the Ninja...SOCKS!!! I want :o

To help clear any confusion:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/weather/10323435/When-does-autumn-really-start.html

Most people stick to the meteorological definition (at least in the UK), but in truth summer doesn't end until mid-September.

I suppose it's easier for people to remember:

12 months per year : 4 seasons = 3 months per season. It's easier, thus accepted by the majority, but seasons starting on the first of the month in question is wrong.

But you could say the same about time; time moves more slowly in higher altitudes, so our understanding of time is entirely wrong (albeit, the error is minuscule). 

I'm guessing alpha will launch September 28th and will update through October 25th. Then a more open beta will release November 1st to December 2nd. Then it's released. Enjoy DST for Christmas. Isn't Christmas supposed to be about people around a fire telling stories and slowly starving themselves to death, while being tormented every night by shadows?

I'm guessing alpha will launch September 28th and will update through October 25th. Then a more open beta will release November 1st to December 2nd. Then it's released. Enjoy DST for Christmas. Isn't Christmas supposed to be about people around a fire telling stories and slowly starving themselves to death, while being tormented every night by shadows?

To be honest, that's how I imagine it'll play out. Not criticism towards Klei in any manner or form; it's just a probability. I haven't a scoobie how Don't Starve was coded, but I imagine that multiplayer will be an entirely different kettle of fish. It's a new game, effectively - and it's harder to code.

I don't mind if the alpha comes out with a few bugs; it's all part of a game being in alpha! But if bugs are game-breaking (like when they couldn't surpass the science machine), I'm willing to wait a bit longer. :)

Archived