Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Jatrick

How to become a non junior member

spencer320    154

I think it has something to do with the green box on the right side of your profile. Once that hits a certain number you become a member... or maybe it depends on how long you survive?

When I first started on the forums, I pretty much just downloaded mods and lurked about. The few times I wrote something, I got alot of "likes" or was quoted. Next thing I know I was a member. I might be wrong, but I might also be on to something. But I don't know.... Maybe

the truthseeker    1560

I think it has something to do with the green box on the right side of your profile. Once that hits a certain number you become a member... or maybe it depends on how long you survive?

When I first started on the forums, I pretty much just downloaded mods and lurked about. The few times I wrote something, I got alot of "likes" or was quoted. Next thing I know I was a member. I might be wrong, but I might also be on to something. But I don't know.... Maybe

You mean the Likes? No, people not liking you doesn't retard your seniority.

PM JoeW.

Normally, when you get above 50 you are transitioned around then.  off Topic of course does not count. Being active and not simply burst posting also matters. 

oCrapaCreeper    3117

It's mostly based off activity I believe, not sure of the exact things that alter it though, post count most likely plays in. Custom titles (Like mine) are given out by Klei on special occasions. 

spencer320    154

I was just stating what I noticed. Like I said, I might be wrong.... it's happened before!

It's mostly based off activity I believe, not sure of the exact things that alter it though, post count most likely plays in. Custom titles (Like mine) are given out by Klei on special occasions. 

What are these special occasions you speak of? And did you pick your title or Klei gave it to you? I'm just asking cause I kinda want one... Kinda!

oCrapaCreeper    3117

I was just stating what I noticed. Like I said, I might be wrong.... it's happened before!

What are these special occasions you speak of? And did you pick your title or Klei gave it to you? I'm just asking cause I kinda want one... Kinda!

They're given by Klei, mostly from things that happened in the past. A bulk of them along with mine were given out during the last Maxwell puzzle for fun. I got mine because my posts have been ninja edited multiple times by Klei (I suspect JoeW, ;)) during the puzzles. Other's have gotten them just from being known for certain things, notably people here who draw art, and other well known members. 

spencer320    154

They're given by Klei, mostly from things that happened in the past. A bulk of them along with mine were given out during the last Maxwell puzzle for fun. I got mine because my posts have been ninja edited multiple times by Klei (I suspect JoeW, ;)) during the puzzles. Other's have gotten them just from being known for certain things, notably people here who draw art, and other well known members. 

Crap! Lol.... I want a title. Well, thanks for the heads up. I remember during the last puzzle, people would edit their posts by changing some words to red. Everyone was going crazy thinking the devs were helping us out. Good fun. I still want a title tho!

Mobbstar    13966

Oh magic conch shell, what must I do to get the member title?

Nothing. Nothing unusual at least. Just post here and there, look at some topics, etc.

the truthseeker    1560

Yes, membership seniority (or lack thereof) is not to be confused with Klei awarding a custom title, that being a separate thing altogether done mostly by JoeW/NotKevin.

(And do I need to explain my custom title as my signature link should do that just fine?) 

the truthseeker    1560

I had figured it was after a year. I shall see in about nine days or so if that is correct.

No,.many of us got it weeks to a month of constant activity later. if you're inactive a lot, it may not be that easy to get updated. Again, PM JoeW if you've been here for months and are active and still Junior and have more than 100 posts. 

Jatrick    171

Then Depth worms are babies :eek-new:

Edit: if you got quoted more to be member than you could just post a idiot idea and everyone would quote you and say no and reasons why not to.

Toon64    11

What's even the order of member titles?

I think it's interesting that I became a member the day of or day after I first posted here

Then again, I used my steam account to log on and I've had the game since early beta, so maybe that has something to do with it?

Maybe?

MaxStrategy    53

Then Depth worms are babies :eek-new:

Edit: if you got quoted more to be member than you could just post a idiot idea and everyone would quote you and say no and reasons why not to.

That's a terrible idea and I don't approve it because its spam. Quote this if you agree or disagree.

Jatrick    171

That's a terrible idea and I don't approve it because its spam. Quote this if you agree or disagree.

Do you mean you disagree with my edit? Look at my quote I think its a stupid idea too.

Jatrick    171

Wait, I just checked how old my profile is, and my profile is 494 days old and I registered a year 4 months and six days ago, and Ringmaster registered only a couple months ago.  :jaded: I don't get it.

jbeetle    1873

Eh. I'm okay with staying junior if I must. I know I can still do stuff on here.

Especially because it doesn't prevent anyone with that title from doing anything anyone else can :)