Possible To Install Steam Games You Already Own?

Morgan17

I just now got a new HP Touch-Screen Laptop, and are planning to install Steam onto it.

Is it possible to install Steam Games that you already own on another PC/Laptop? That way, I can play the games I own on my old laptop.

Thanks.

I'm 89.43% sure that you can only install games that you dont own.

Since I've uninstalled and reinstalled games (and migrated to a new computer) I think the 57% is the correct answer. As noted, log in one computer at a time, or you risk all account "nicknames" being locked (and that lovely SteamGuard verification.) 

Heh, I remember my mother going "Are you sure you want to buy that game? If the computer crashes or something, you'll lost it forever!". No matter what, I couldn't get her to understand that Steam games can be installed on any computer using my account XD [i didn't add that I could only play them if I was logged in on said computer, it wouldn't have been way too much for her to understand]

Heh, I remember my mother going "Are you sure you want to buy that game? If the computer crashes or something, you'll lost it forever!". No matter what, I couldn't get her to understand that Steam games can be installed on any computer using my account XD [i didn't add that I could only play them if I was logged in on said computer, it wouldn't have been way too much for her to understand]

So she never got "The Cloud" thing? At least she simply doesn't understand.

I love the old people who think they get it but use the references horribly wrong. Like,

"It's stored in the cloud, but I have to get it before it rains!" 

Archived