The Shadows Call

geni0529

moon hops of pouncing on a bird, she buries in then from the tree she jumps on a rabbit and twists its through she does this a couple more times , digging up her mouse she has a rabbit and mouse in her side packs and a bird in her teeth

got some fresh kill! meow

"Oh you adorable little murderer you!"

Athena strutted up to a boulder as a mischievousness grin spread across her face.

"Hey Moon, ya wanna see somethin' cool?"

Before Moon can reply, a small ball of light forms in Athena's hand. It slowly grows from about the size of a dime to a small orange and launches toward the boulder, shattering a chunk off on impact.

*pant* "YES!" *pant*

Athena looks at Moon with a huge, satisfied smile, still trying to catch her breath.

"It's a thing... that I can do. *chuckle* But seriously, I can cast light magic. At least, I think that's it. My brother tried to explain it to me one time, but he's not very good at explaining things, or should I say hes too good at explaining things? Anyway, I'm not very good at it yet; I haven't had many chances to practice."

mischievousness grin returned to her face.

"Don't tell the others yet, okay? I want to see the looks on their faces."

"I... LIKE IT! I don't know if I can do it, but I like it!"

Athena focuses intently on the chunk of rock, which starts glowing, but then quickly flickers and fades out.

*huff* "Dang it!" *pant* "Looks like I need to practice a bit more to get it to work."

Athena pretends to open an imaginary book and begins writing in it with an equally imaginary pen.

"Dear diary, Today I was transported to an unforgiving wilderness and met a magical, talking cat named Moon. Today was a good day."

She closes the "book" with a thought full expression and starts hacking away at a boulder with a pickaxe.

"Well gold is a good conductor. I don't know if it conducts magic though. Guess this is a good time to find out!"

Athena concentrates on the piece of gold. After it flickers a bit, it stays on for a few minutes and the goes out again.

"Well that seems to work better and was easier to do. I probably just need more practice."