Webber and Wigfrid

Anybody know a rock on strategy to survive with these two? I can do my own way but they change things up a bit since one is a monster and the other is a straight up carnivore. I am new to ROG and need more experience but help is appreciated. 

Anybody know a rock on strategy to survive with these two? I can do my own way but they change things up a bit since one is a monster and the other is a straight up carnivore. I am new to ROG and need more experience but help is appreciated. 

I think there is a forum for RoG :p

For Wigfrid I always make a crock pot on day 1, wherever I am when I get the rocks & gold I need for the science machine (having burnt a few trees earlier for charcoal).  I make sure I have plenty of berries by then, and apart from her starter meat I usually have some monster meat by then from spiders.  Then I make as many meatballs as I can before moving on, so I can focus on exploring and finding a good place for a base - usually near ponds so I can leave traps and collect frogs legs each evening.  And in the Winter when the ponds freeze I'll be off hunting MacTusk anyway.

Try to always use a crock pot rather than eating meat cooked on a fire (unless you're desperate of course), and never leave home without food as otherwise she'll most likely starve.

Once you get the hang of this, she's a really fun character to play.

I'd put the spider dens close, but not right on top of your base. Close enough that you can assemble a quick army of helpers when you need to fight something.

Leave yourself a way to get out and about without going right past a den, as Chester tends to get killed a lot if you live in Spider Central.

If you ever need silk or (monster) meat, just feed one spider (which will befriend any other spiders in the immediate vicinity) and get them to attack a different group of spiders, then just pick up all the drops from the carnage that ensues.

I think there is a forum for RoG :razz:

Mmmmmmmmmmayyyyybe.

Seriously, new to RoG too, so thanks all for these tips as well! 

Im on Day 54 as Webber at the moment, and what I did was build my camp and spam spider eggs all around it. My Beefalo pen is in an entirely different area. The method mentioned by Catweaselcrow should give you plenty of food, and if a spider queen spawns, gather an army of spiders and KILL THE USURPER!

Where should I position the spider dens? I played Webber but then i made my camp on top of spider dens. 

Far enough away where they don't wander into your base at night. Hard to give measurements, but maybe 3 screens away is okay.

Webber is the opposite, the closer the better. 

Watch out for fire hazard and red hounds. I tend to clean up the entire area, some distance away from my base and farms, before placing the dens. Make sure there is no flammable objects including flowers around. 

You only need 2-4 permanent dens to survive. Poorly positioned ones (too close to your farm, etc) tend to do more harm than good.

Watch out for fire hazard and red hounds. I tend to clean up the entire area, some distance away from my base and farms, before placing the dens. Make sure there is no flammable objects including flowers around. 

You only need 2-4 permanent dens to survive. Poorly positioned ones (too close to your farm, etc) tend to do more harm than good.

Yeah, with ALL characters, you need a "stone-walled panic zone" that is away from your main camp. This also is good for the Dragonfly *glares with hate-filled hatred.*

Where do you think is a good spot to live as Webber? I was so used to living in a pig village but that's out of the question...

It's also nearly impossible to starve as Webber. Once you've got a few spider dens it's basically unlimited monster meat!

Try AM World world 1 King of Winter. Sometimes those ^&*(%^&*%# dens are behind the insanity gates for low sanity :( 

Where do you think is a good spot to live as Webber? I was so used to living in a pig village but that's out of the question...

Near but not on spider dens. Very soon, make more of your own. 

Yeah, I'd only use a marsh base as Webber if I had reliable access to Beefalo (either adjacent biome or via a wormhole), as he has limited options for acquiring manure, and a diet of just monster meat and fish doesn't help with healing and sanity crockpot recipes.

Marsh is a good choice, but like any base location, it depends on how far you need to travel to get hold of all your resources.

If you can get hold of beefalo and rocks without having to trek for a day each way, sure.

Setting up base near to a wormhole that takes you to resources that aren't available locally is always a good idea, regardless of the biome.

Yeah, I'd only use a marsh base as Webber if I had reliable access to Beefalo (either adjacent biome or via a wormhole), as he has limited options for acquiring manure, and a diet of just monster meat and fish doesn't help with healing and sanity crockpot recipes.

Actually, you only need the fertilizer to build the farms (10 to prototype both, and more as needed to build.) You could even build pig houses and drop flowers/produce nearby, then let them do their thing to nearby Merms per the guide.  Just treat them as all enemies or Merms as the ones who are Neutral as you are a monster.  

It becomes much more cost effective to use Rot in the marshes for farm growth/fuel unless you got mad stacks of log/charcoal/other fuel sources.

If this is too difficult and you absolutely need manure for farms, you can also use Buckets of poop instead, saving them again for construction only. 

Of course, you can also find and corral (get it to follow you into a walled area and close it up) a Koalaphant and collect its manure this way. Not that easy to find, then follow you, but doable. 

Finally, if you find a sinkhole, just open it up and go back to collect the guano for fertilization needs. Sadly, you can't use it to build farms. 

This way, you can save the Beefalo for Winter wear concerns and meat, rather than running all over the map. 

Archived