Can't access forums

@JoeW

Seems the past couple days you have been messing around with forum access. I currently can't access the forums from my home IP, I have to use a VPN ( which I do not always have access to) just to access the forums. On top of that, it appears that you are specifically targeting Asian IP's , since once i open my VPN, I do not even get that screen....

If I try to access from my home IP , I currently get this,

11gu45c.png

Notice no Captcha showing? I tried logging in for almost 30 minutes, refreshing about every five minutes...

If you look at my posts here, you will see that we already have enough problems accessing the forums from my area without this added on top of it,

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/38753-forums-broken/

Surely there has to be a better way of trying to negate spam bots than preventing real players from accessing the forums.

Please look into this.

I'm getting that captcha thing at random, for me it is at least showing. I don't get why the hell you're asking me for captcha before posting on an account that 1. is always logging in from same area 2. has been active for how many months now? Mix that with the fact that forums are timing out at random, and I have to retype half of my posts. And I'm in Europe, not in Asia.

You might want to put your anti spam restrictions to accounts with less than 200 posts, or less than x days old or whatever.

"Seems the past couple days you have been messing around with forum access."

Not judging but this sounds a bit rude especially when you're addressing someone who does their best to keep everyone happy. Besides that we have had a lot of spammers posting rubbish all over the forum. So I wouldn't say JoeW is "messing" around, rather "trying" to fix things so our forum isn't polluted with threads titled "How to have a successful marriage in some foreign language."

Mistakes/glitches can happen.

Either way, hope your problem gets resolved.

"Seems the past couple days you have been messing around with forum access."

Not judging but this sounds a bit rude especially when you're addressing someone who does their best to keep everyone happy. Besides that we have had a lot of spammers posting rubbish all over the forum. So I wouldn't say JoeW is "messing" around, rather "trying" to fix things so our forum isn't polluted with threads titled "How to have a successful marriage in some foreign language."

Mistakes/glitches can happen.

Either way, hope your problem gets resolved.

It's just extremely frustrating, I had to contact a friend to set up a VPN just so I could post here on the forums, I know they are trying to fight spam, but there are easier ways of doing so, if you look at the link I posted above you will see another underlying issue that is already making the forums quite slow for a lot of people (probably why you see so many double, triple posts) I see, in know way, how my above post was rude.

"messing around" is the same thing as saying "meddle or interfere", and that is exactly what is happening, my connection to the forums is being interfered with, and If you look at the tone of my post, I was not negative in any way...so no reason to nit pick 2 words I said and  suggesting I was being rude.

I know spam is trying to be avoided on the forums, but as I stated above, there are easier ways to do this. 

It's just extremely frustrating, I had to contact a friend to set up a VPN just so I could post here on the forums, I know they are trying to fight spam, but there are easier ways of doing so, if you look at the link I posted above you will see another underlying issue that is already making the forums quite slow for a lot of people (probably why you see so many double, triple posts) I see, in know way, how my above post was rude.

"messing around" is the same thing as saying "meddle or interfere", and that is exactly what is happening, my connection to the forums is being interfered with, and If you look at the tone of my post, I was not negative in any way...so no reason to nit pick 2 words I said and suggesting I was being rude.

I know spam is trying to be avoided on the forums, but as I stated above, there are easier ways to do this.

Now that's a pain.

There are most likely better ways to prevent spam like you said, and right now what we do have in place is holding back the spammers, but we have had some get through the system. I can only assume JoeW has upped the security measures and in doing so caused negative repercussions else where.

Edit: @kraken121 and no your post was not rude, in fact based on how frustrating the situation you are in, you constructed your post very well. It's just that due to recent weeks I know JoeW has been working hard to prevent spammers and messing around isn't something I would use to describe the work he is doing to make our forums spam free. Anyway I can't help you so I'll be on my way.

This might sound stupid but do you have 3G or 4G on your phone? I've had forum logging in issues in the past, but I've managed to log in through my phone service provider. Maybe you could use that as an alternative to log in here while JoeW fixes things.

This might sound stupid but do you have 3G or 4G on your phone? I've had forum logging in issues in the past, but I've managed to log in through my phone service provider. Maybe you could use that as an alternative to log in here while JoeW fixes things.

Nope, I hate smart phones, as a professor I have my reasons lol <rant deleted>

It probably would not matter though, it appears to be a regional issue.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Archived