I have a few suggestions.

1.)  Bonfire sitting.

I read somewhere that at one time Don't Starve had bonfires.  They gave off no light though.  What if it was brought back in multiplayer.  It could take 60 logs, and 4 torches.  I think it should also have an option where players could sit by it and talk, maybe with craftable chairs. (Maybe the night could go faster too.)  It could just allow the players to chat with each other, and cook food too.  I think this would just be a neat addition.  It would give off more light than a fire pit, but would take a lot of fuel.

2.)  Ocean fishing.

Just random spots in the ocean, where there is an animation of fishing jumping.  It could act just like a pond, but with different looking fish.  This could the ocean biome a good use.  So many stuff lost in that accursed place.

I have a few suggestions.

1.)  Bonfire sitting.

I read somewhere that at one time Don't Starve had bonfires.  They gave off no light though.  What if it was brought back in multiplayer.  It could take 60 logs, and 4 torches.  I think it should also have an option where players could sit by it and talk, maybe with craftable chairs. (Maybe the night could go faster too.)  It could just allow the players to chat with each other, and cook food too.  I think this would just be a neat addition.  It would give off more light than a fire pit, but would take a lot of fuel.

I actually really support this, the main issue I found with Don't Starve was the lack of natural interaction that the player could do with the world of Don't Starve, sleeping was just a short animation followed by a black screen...

Then adding speeding up the night (If all players are present) would be a good addition, naturally using up more fuel as you aren't sleeping through the nights instead but just using more overall compared to a night's worth of a normal Firepit is a fine trade off, considering that more hands equals more resources, especially when it comes to wood gathering.

I don't think night-time should go faster, as this lowers the challenge (roaming spiders, Night Hands if someone has low sanity etc).

I like the idea of fishing in the ocean, would make food-gathering in winter a bit easier. Perhaps a random (small) chance of catching something nasty that can survive on land and attack you.

I don't think night-time should go faster, as this lowers the challenge (roaming spiders, Night Hands if someone has low sanity etc).

Good point, not skipping night meant that your sanity declined more than what you gained during the day, as a result causing insanity eventually.

The way I took it was that Night wouldn't be shorter, time would just be sped up, like putting Fast-Forward on the game for that set amount of time, if something occurs (Like a spider gaining aggro or something) then it goes into normal speed.

Thinking about it now though, Don't Starve has never offered anything other than sleeping to skip nights and I don't think it ever will, nor do I think they should even bother with it to be honest.

Edit: I'm against ocean fishing though, the ocean being this useless wasteland of water gives it a sense of no escape etc, I also think that somewhere the devs said something about the ocean staying the way it currently is, but then again, it now has pengulls and the conspiracy that Big Foot comes from the ocean so who knows.

I like the idea of fishing in the ocean, would make food-gathering in winter a bit easier. Perhaps a random (small) chance of catching something nasty that can survive on land and attack you.

In the game it has sleeping bags, tents, and mandrakes.  These can all skip night, but the bonfire thing would  just make it go faster.  Everything around the players would be the same.  For example, hound attacks could still happen, fire could go out and charlie could maul someone, and you would still take damage.  The screen would not black out, night time would simply go faster.  The use of this is to let players have an environment where they could talk without moving everywhere, and discuss what they might do the next day.  This is also a big fire for a big camp, like if there are more than one crock pots, drying rack, and farms.  Also if the player has low sanity, the bonfire would raise it slowly.

(Sorry for the late reply, my internet freaked out.)

Suggestion:

Being near other players should should slowly raise your sanity... It only makes sense.

Also if a player dies near you, your sanity drops a fair bit. (These are common suggestions*)

Archived