Tallbirds

How can a single tallbird lay a fertilized egg?

Do they propagate via parthenogenesis?

This [lecture] of Professor Bolschewik R suggests tallbirds may be capable of retaining haploid genomes once aquired for later fertilization. Whilst his theory does not cover the lack of (reported) male tallbirds, it explains the infecundity of hatched and raised tallbirds.

But let's see what our favourite Tallbirdologist thinks about the topic.

What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen tallbird?

What do you mean? African or European Tallbird? *Listens as the riddler says and what and doesn't know and is catapulted into the ravine below the bridge.*

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen tallbird?

You need to read the tallbird studies first if you want to find answers... But if you want to know the answer now, it's 42 beefalo heats per hound bark.

Hei, weirdobob, since you know so much about tallbirds and such, could you make a mod where they are fixed? Because their nature in the game is just broken. This is what needs to be un-broken:

* Tallbirds eating any kind of meat, except Tallbird eggs and Hatching tallbird eggs

* Teenbirds to stop eating Tallbird eggs and Hatching tallbird eggs

* Smallbirds raised by Tallbirds to actually attack the player if the player attacks the Tallbird mother and if the player attacks the smallbird, the tallbird mother to aggro on the player as well.

* If a player takes an egg from a Tallbird's nest and then dies while the tallbird hasn't given up yet, the tallbird will then take the egg and hold it via its beak and go back to the nest to put the egg back there. If the player had dropped the egg and the tallbird took it to retrieve it and then the player attacks the tallbird while the egg is in its mouth, the egg would be kind of looted from the tallbird and it would attack the player until the player dies or just stop being aggroed on the player, then would take the egg and continue retrieving it.

Hei, weirdobob, since you know so much about tallbirds and such, could you make a mod where they are fixed? Because their nature in the game is just broken. This is what needs to be un-broken: * Tallbirds eating any kind of meat, except Tallbird eggs and Hatching tallbird eggs * Teenbirds to stop eating Tallbird eggs and Hatching tallbird eggs * Smallbirds raised by Tallbirds to actually attack the player if the player attacks the Tallbird mother and if the player attacks the smallbird, the tallbird mother to aggro on the player as well. * If a player takes an egg from a Tallbird's nest and then dies while the tallbird hasn't given up yet, the tallbird will then take the egg and hold it via its beak and go back to the nest to put the egg back there. If the player had dropped the egg and the tallbird took it to retrieve it and then the player attacks the tallbird while the egg is in its mouth, the egg would be kind of looted from the tallbird and it would attack the player until the player dies or just stop being aggroed on the player, then would take the egg and continue retrieving it.

And they should also feed their babies when they're starving.

So while playing some Don't Starve, in spring, I saw

a tallbird mother with it's baby wandering around.

Then the little guy meeped because he was hungry.

His mother just ignored his meeping until he starved

to death. I thougt they are solicitious parents.

So why do they let their children starve to death?

because you were there, moron.

Why do the tallbird children try to murder you if you've acted as it's parent for so long and raised it with precise, delicate care?

it's hungry

Why are tallbirds tall?

so tumbleweeds don't get in their eyes

How can a single tallbird lay a fertilized egg?

Do they propagate via parthenogenesis?

Both male and female tallbirds have egg making abilities, along with a special set of.... "holes" for laying.

If I'm chased by a bearger and run to a tallfort "by chance" and

lure the bearger to the tallbirds "by chance" and he kills them and their

babies, am I a heinous person then?

*cracks brass knuckles*

Hei, weirdobob, since you know so much about tallbirds and such, could you make a mod where they are fixed? Because their nature in the game is just broken. This is what needs to be un-broken:

* Tallbirds eating any kind of meat, except Tallbird eggs and Hatching tallbird eggs

* Teenbirds to stop eating Tallbird eggs and Hatching tallbird eggs

* Smallbirds raised by Tallbirds to actually attack the player if the player attacks the Tallbird mother and if the player attacks the smallbird, the tallbird mother to aggro on the player as well.

* If a player takes an egg from a Tallbird's nest and then dies while the tallbird hasn't given up yet, the tallbird will then take the egg and hold it via its beak and go back to the nest to put the egg back there. If the player had dropped the egg and the tallbird took it to retrieve it and then the player attacks the tallbird while the egg is in its mouth, the egg would be kind of looted from the tallbird and it would attack the player until the player dies or just stop being aggroed on the player, then would take the egg and continue retrieving it.

Smallbirds will already defend their mommas, just gotta get close enough.

also, all these other features are..... eventual.

*cracks brass knuckles*

Errrrr...this was meant theoretically, I never did this.
But maybe I did something like this with a deerclops :/
Please don't kill me:(

because you were there, moron.

Oh god I'm so sorry.

Another question:
Is any bird known that is bigger than the tallbird?

*sigh* How do you tame an adult Tallbird?

With perseverance!

Why are tallbirds so cool sounding?

Yeesh, this is a hard question. I... don't actually know how they make the sound, but I do know why.

@Weirdobob, I... I just don't...

I was walking past a Tallbird Nest (a fair distance btw) with my cute little smallbird when suddenly, The tallbird chased me... I didn't want to hurt it but... but...

so I ran...

It ignored me and went to go back to its nest... but behind me lagged my precious little one... it seemed to ignore chester (as I hoped to use him as bait) but instead, the Tallbird went after my small bird... It... it...

turned into a morsel...

What should I do? I don't want to kill it, but... but... it killed my precious smallbird Artichoke... what should I do?

:wilson_cry:  

What's worse... a spider ate the morsel

O_O

@Weirdobob, I... I just don't...

I was walking past a Tallbird Nest (a fair distance btw) with my cute little smallbird when suddenly, The tallbird chased me... I didn't want to hurt it but... but...

so I ran...

It ignored me and went to go back to its nest... but behind me lagged my precious little one... it seemed to ignore chester (as I hoped to use him as bait) but instead, the Tallbird went after my small bird... It... it...

turned into a morsel...

What should I do? I don't want to kill it, but... but... it killed my precious smallbird Artichoke... what should I do?

:wilson_cry:  

What's worse... a spider ate the morsel

O_O

Make a world with spiders on lots, give yourself godmode and every weapon in game.

have fun

Archived