Do you hate or like DST

It's better to say, some people do not like the idea of a multiplayer Don't Starve whilst others do. Tbh it is still way too early to have a firm stance, someone who likes the idea of MP might not like it that much any more after playing it etc...

And on that notice I neither like nor hate DST.

I love it now that it's gonna be multiplayer. One thing I'm concerned about thought is if most of the DST contents are going to relate to the actual storyline. I hope they do actually.

What I wonder about is how the other characters got into the world in the first place. They ain't so smart to make the door so how?

My theory is that all characters except Wilson and Maxwell were dead from the beginning or something. Cause I think I heard that during the Maxwell's puzzle a bit about Wolfgang was revealed where there was a circus he was and the circus basically died in train crash, ergo Wolfgang's death. And that this has happened to all the other characters and they're in individual worlds of DS or something and they can only be on their own, which would explain why Abigail is seen as ghost to Wendy (who would not understand that she's already dead) and the same would be for Abigail in another DS world. And now only Wilson is able to get people together or something, idk, I'm as confused as everyone else is. I hope this will be good and not some sort of multiplayer with some new stuff and dats it. MUST FOLLOW THE STORYLINE (whatever it might be).

I heard a rumour that the price would go up when MP was released, do I bought it before that, as I was always going t get it one day anyway.

I don't know what's going to happen with MP. I think it needs a lobby where people can meet up to play new players (would that be done via steam?) but however it's done it needs to tak into account individual player's abilities, as day 30 players are going to join with 1000 day survivors, and Bam: rage. School's out on MP, but Klei think it is a thing, considering how against it they were, it must make for a pretty good experience if they changed their mind on it.

Truth is, it doesn't matter -either option SP/MP is a valid one, and each will play what they prefer. the trick is only making all the MP'ers happy with each other, so people don't ragequit at DS, and Klei.MP can only potentially widen their customer base, and also provide an excellent way to show noobs the ropes, or get someone else in to look around your world, or tutorialize you, or sabotage you. So, each to their own.

My interest has had it's up's and down's with the idea.  I will always think the the announcement was not as smooth and well timed as it could of been.  It's probably still the best move on what to do next with the game.  Will it keep the game established long enough to warrant making more content in the future?  Still need to wait a bit after it's playable to make a final judgement.   

Me like, me like!

Actually just because of having fun with friends I think. Don't Starve has quite awesome single player so I can't see problem why it wouldn't be such a great game with multiplayer. Will see is it going to be fair enough or supadupa awesome when it comes out. Even though it is going to be released soon I still look forward to make my decision is it worth to play.

Well as said, I can't say how I'll feel about the game addition until it's out,  but now they have finished the DS single-player content and multiplayer won't take away/change the entire game style from the great single-player game, I like the idea of DST.

If we want MP or want to keep some things traditional/better based on future development, we need to make sure we give Klei that feedback for them to follow up on.

Unlike most other companies, they are very good at following up on our suggestions in future builds, often at no additional charge! 

I think it ruins the whole point of the game, as for the ghosts and the fact that resurrection will be really easy, but seeing how this will not go into singleplayer I am totally fine with it.

Playing with friends, though, will be a good thing that I'm looking forward to.

I don't like DST, but neither I hate it.

I don't like DST, I love DST ;)

I cant' wait to travel with friend in this hostile world, make them follow me in some insane hunt or hauting their camp until they craft something to rezz me :p

Plus, Klei made an awesome solo game !

I'm still playing it regulary, with nearly 400h spent on it, still not bored, still discovering things (yeah I try to not spoil things so I'm a slow learner in this game ;) and RoG really spiced things up).

I'm pretty confident they will make an awesome multiplayer game. I just hope that the game won't lose his difficulty : once you understand the mecanics it's not a difficult game anymore, so no need to make it easier... We'll see... anyway, if i'm disapointed I will still be able to play in solo mode.

Personally, I hate it. Some very good members left the forums due to it and (if im not mistaken) all the members that brought did nothing but say something along the lines ' Take taht you bums! Multiplayer is a thing and I love! AND YOU CANT DO NOTHING TAKFNMALÇFNA' and then leave forever. It also means that many other ideas that were heavily aproveed by the community and that klei has ignored for a long time have a even lesser chance to happen (Krampus buff, more late game challenges, etc). And what I've seen (so far) isn't really that amusing. Also, by far the thing that made me dislike it the most was the way it was shown to us(as in, using the puzzle).

I really like the concept. Assuming the world has the same level of resources, it will be a greater challenge (same amount of food, more mouths to feed, equipment to make etc)

A lot will depend on the implementation. 1 player vs a giant can be tough, 4 ( or 6 or 15) vs a giant....not so much. Although a giant with 15 times the HP and dealing greater damge would offset that.

My big concern will be the PvP aspect. Joining a (public) game that ends in 5 days because people are trolls/psychos really isn't my idea of fun. There are other games for that. Currently I foresee most games being circles of friends. Maybe guilds/clans springing up.

But my main hope is that Klei take the time to add new content that will apply to both single and multi-player mode (Yes, I'm on the Wortox bandwagon).

But with 2 months to closed Beta, and with Klei at least reading the many many threads of concern and hope the community are posting, I have high hopes that they will deliver a 1st rate product.

And it will be free, so it's not like we can rage too hard if it isn't perfect on Day One.

It's better to say, some people do not like the idea of a multiplayer Don't Starve whilst others do. Tbh it is still way too early to have a firm stance, someone who likes the idea of MP might not like it that much any more after playing it etc...

And on that notice I neither like nor hate DST.

It is also fair to point out that people who are against DST might find it extremely enjoyable after playing it

Having started getting back into Don't Starve over the last few months and getting better at it little by little as time goes on, I find the game has only grown on me more and more. My girlfriend is a huge fan of Don't Starve and loves Wilson more than anything, and we would sometimes play the game side by side to see who could survive more days than the other, me as WX-78 and her as Wilson.

I totally understood Klei's stance of denying multiplayer from a development standpoint and respected it, but I did always have a lingering want to be able to play the game cooperatively with my significant other one day, so obviously the announcement for multiplayer got me really excited. I don't know how things blew up with the forum as I only read stuff on the announcement thread which was mostly positive stuff, but if people did really leave over it, I'm a little saddened that it split the community like that.

So overall I am honestly very excited to share the survival experience of Don't Starve with others, and I think it'll get a lot of my other friends who gave up and passed the game off as boring to try it again since the social aspect will make the game entertaining in whole new ways.

I think Klei's approaching it in a carefully thought-out way that has given single-player the attention and care it deserves, even though I too wish we could see more content expansions in the future. I am hopeful that we may see even a small amount of single-player content added in with the DST update, maybe just having access to some of the DST features as options for a single player world? Regardless, I'm happy that it's happening. I just question why we still have this emoticon since it seems a little out of date by now.

--> :nomultipl:

Maybe nostalgic for some people? I don't know, it just makes me think this was a really tired issue back then. Seems a little smug to me is all. XD

Personally, I hate it. Some very good members left the forums due to it and (if im not mistaken) all the members that brought did nothing but say something along the lines ' Take taht you bums! Multiplayer is a thing and I love! AND YOU CANT DO NOTHING TAKFNMALÇFNA' and then leave forever. It also means that many other ideas that were heavily aproveed by the community and that klei has ignored for a long time have a even lesser chance to happen (Krampus buff, more late game challenges, etc). And what I've seen (so far) isn't really that amusing. Also, by far the thing that made me dislike it the most was the way it was shown to us(as in, using the puzzle).

Some people came back (others like me left for other reasons,) and (but I do agree with Krampus needed more love) some additions from Reign of Giants did address the game's single-player concerns (like the Old bell farming makes a guaranteed auto-Krampus and no need to keep killing creatures until you hit.)

But honestly, Klei did (most, I'm looking at you unfinished lava caves) everything they could with the game. Once that cycle was done, they looked into what different things  could be done. Since they finished development in the SP game, they decided to now address the clamoring MP requests option of the game. 

And that's where I emphasize optional. You don't even have to download it, let alone play it. If it was some mandatory/Steam Achievements thing, I'd be in that other camp bemoaning the ruination of the game. But (like RoG,) you can play it, or not. 

And that's where I emphasize optional. You don't even have to download it, let alone play it. If it was some mandatory/Steam Achievements thing, I'd be in that other camp bemoaning the ruination of the game. But (like RoG,) you can play it, or not. 

I always knew and kept in mind that its optional, no need to say that again, I was just throwing my opinion on the matter of what it has done so far. Possibly very good things could come of it, but so far I see none. And I will play it once it comes out, I'm not the kind of person who gives an definive opinion on something before trying it, but yet I based my opinion on what it caused so far.( Also I'm sorry if this post seems somewhat rude for you, it's just that sometimes I find annoying when people keep saying 'ITS OPTIONAL' when I say something negative about DST.)

I always knew and kept in mind that its optional, no need to say that again, I was just throwing my opinion on the matter of what it has done so far. Possibly very good things could come of it, but so far I see none. And I will play it once it comes out, I'm not the kind of person who gives an definive opinion on something before trying it, but yet I based my opinion on what it caused so far.( Also I'm sorry if this post seems somewhat rude for you, it's just that sometimes I find annoying when people keep saying 'ITS OPTIONAL' when I say something negative about DST.)

Sorry, it seemed like the wording suggested to sounded forced upon us. My mistake. 

I agree with what truthseeker said. I was sad to see that Klei decided that SP was done, and concerned that they changed their minds for MP. MP has earned a bad reputation in other places, then again DLC has too. I wouldn't say I am hyped for MP, but I do want to play it asap.

Archived