Death in the Caves, return to the surface or stay under?

Personally, I think that if you die in the caves and turn into a ghost, you should have the option to return to the surface, or stay in the depths to try and get your life back.

It would hardly be fair if you died down below but had your resurrection stuff up at the surface, but couldn't go back up if your ghost just spawns EXACTLY where you died.

But I also want the chance to haunt objects down below, so I could just resurrect myself, and get my gear without being forced to return to the surface.

What do YOOOOU think?

well, if you had ressurrection stuff in the surface already, I don't think you would turn into a ghost in the first place

Seth said you would have to haunt resurrection stuff to be able to revive, so it wouldn't be automatic.

Seth said you would have to haunt resurrection stuff to be able to revive, so it wouldn't be automatic.

Yes. He actually said that so i think it should be optional or else you have to climb out from the cave by yourself?

ah, okay. must have misread it.

but even though it might be a little too annoying, it might make dying in the caves even more of a penaulty than dying in the surface, since you would have to find a way out and then find the ressurection stuff

ah, okay. must have misread it.

but even though it might be a little too annoying, it might make dying in the caves even more of a penaulty than dying in the surface, since you would have to find a way out and then find the ressurection stuff

...Thats why I said you should have the choice to go back up or stay under upon dieing...

"ah, okay. must have misread it." Indeed.

Klei could tweak the world gen code to allow touchstones to spawn in caves, which would be a nice addition to SP as well (just remember to stash a light source by the touchstone),

Someone could build a meat effigy in the caves, of course, in anticipation of someone dying..

I'm assuming ghosts can climb ropes to exit the caves? If not, that would make some sort of extra preparation for spelunking (like placing a meat effigy or life amulet near the entrance) pretty mandatory.

Klei could tweak the world gen code to allow touchstones to spawn in caves, which would be a nice addition to SP as well (just remember to stash a light source by the touchstone),

Someone could build a meat effigy in the caves, of course, in anticipation of someone dying..

I'm assuming ghosts can climb ropes to exit the caves? If not, that would make some sort of extra preparation for spelunking (like placing a meat effigy or life amulet near the entrance) pretty mandatory.

Yeah I dont feel touchstones are too necessary in caves, but yes definitely need a way for ghosts to use the rope or when you die just to return to the cave's entrance, but then what if you brought an amulet? Then you have to go back into the cave to revive.

...Im not sure how this would work honestly.

I guess if they're going for the hard stuff I say just let the ghost come in at the death point, and you should of brought a life amulet or made a meat effigy in the caves.

Archived