Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Jatrick

"Hard mode" vs "normal mode"

Jatrick    171

I want to see how good I am at don't starve to see if I should do adventure mode. The guide I'm using says "you'll be good if you can survive 80+ days and kill the deerclops several times" (I'm using RoG so deerclops will mean to me any giant) But I'm using Wes, so whats the Wes to Wilson ratio? (lets say living to day 60 as Wes is as difficult as living to day 80 as wilson, then the ratio would be 1 1/3[60 x 1 1/3 = 80]) I just don't want to waste my time doing adventure mode and failing if I'm not good enough at the game.

CREU    26

like start on winter put in longe winter and pick wilson is the best training if you can reach to summer you are ready (spring in RoG)

Adventure mode is more about efficiently "finishing" a world than long-term survival.

Try a few regular games where your aim is to assemble the Teleportato device and jump world as quickly as possible.

For added spice, to reflect the challenges adventure mode throws at you, set World Gen options to have Long Dusk, More Spiders and More Tentacles.

enjee    13

If you can kill all of the vanilla enemies without taking damage, you'll be fine. Even then, most of the time you'll just be running past them and rushing your way to end the chapter as soon as possible.

Then when you get to the Two Worlds chapter is when you should spend time researching and farming for items to beat the last chapter. Really, which character you choose just allows you more/less margin for error.

Jatrick    171

I tried as Wigfrid, but not being able it eat meat starved me in "The king of winter". I'm thinking trying Wilson because he has no debuffs, and the beard is good for winter.

Toon64    11

If you start in Winter, you won't really get the beard's benefits until several days later since when you start Adventure Mode it's basically beginning anew.

Unless you're on a chapter other than 1, that is. Then it'll help.