Sign in to follow this  
cuberobot

cubie's arts

cuberobot    20

@J20hawkz, @Maximum125: thank a lot!!

And to answer your question, I don't have a fixed process to paint stuff but for this one I used a photo of myself in cosplay for reference for the angle/expression and skin tones but also added many other colors, some blues and greens to try something interesting, used PaintTool SAI, and I experimented with different settings for the brush (mostly the "fuzzytastic" and "spread" brushes), tried to blend the colors a lot. When I was almost ready I realized I was working on a really small resolution so I resized the image and worked on the details and added some more brush strokes because now things were a bit blurry. I also added another layer with overlay on top with some colors on parts i wanted to be more saturated like the flowers or around the eye, the mouth, etc. and adjusted the opacity so it looked more natural.. then I used pixlr express to enhance the image and add some effect to make it look like and old photo or something.

tl;dr = speedpaint on one layer, overlay for some more color on another and then add more details or fix leves/contrast/saturation/etc

I'll probably use Photoshop for the next time tough, last time my installation was having problems so I used the other programs

:^ )

• Like 1

JanH    7265

Whoa, Wilson looks very dapper. Thanks for sharing your work with us @cuberobot; and welcome to the community forums!

• Like 2

Tamir    1238

Okay so I'm new here and I have no idea how to edit my profile but I'll post my fan arts because that's what i came here to do

I'm cuberobot on tumblr too, maybe some of you know me already?

(img)

I saw these over at Tumblr some time ago, still amazing :grin: You should post those doodles as well.

• Like 1

JanH    7265

Hey folks, just chiming in to let @cuberobot know that we've featured cubie's art thread on this week's Fan Art Spotlight! Thanks for sharing these cool sketches and Wilson portrait with the community; we're looking forward to seeing more!

• Like 2

cuberobot    20

Hey folks, just chiming in to let @cuberobot know that we've featured cubie's art thread on this week's Fan Art Spotlight! Thanks for sharing these cool sketches and Wilson portrait with the community; we're looking forward to seeing more!

OoOOh thanks a lot, it's an honor!! And I hope to share new art with all of you very soon!