One Of The Most Feels-Creating Endings

Morgan17

What I find worst about the Great War, is that now, I can sit in a classroom of teenagers and watch as they laugh and joke and giggle about the deaths and suffering. It's a tragic period in human history, and little repulses me more than the disregard they show for the victims and their families. 

What I find worst about the Great War, is that now, I can sit in a classroom of teenagers and watch as they laugh and joke and giggle about the deaths and suffering. It's a tragic period in human history, and little repulses me more than the disregard they show for the victims and their families. 

Just you wait. Karma's gonna go full hoedown on them.

I'd consider it amazing if they'd actually put their damn phones down and pay attention without a teacher order to do so....

Phones are banned full stop at our school. The one good thing that place does.

How is this good? Unless you mean that you can't use phone on lessons (it's probably like that everywhere though)

Can your family call you or you can't bring a phone to school?

How is this good? Unless you mean that you can't use phone on lessons (it's probably like that everywhere though)

Can your family call you or you can't bring a phone to school?

Any phones brought into school must be off at all times and out of sight whilst on the premises. If your phone rings/you have it out during school time, it's confiscated and a parent can collect it after school at the end of the week.

There's no excuses, and if your family wants to contact you, they'll phone reception/student services and they'll send a runner to inform you. You can also go to the office if you need to contact your parents, and they'll call them for you.

Honestly, people concentrate tons more in class. I'm top sets all the way (German excluded) and barely anyone is even slightly concentrating in 9/10 lessons, so I'd hate to imagine what the lowest sets are like.

Overall, it's good, imo.

The school I went to had a principal who couldn't figure out what day of the week it was, so I wouldn't know what a good school is like.  But mine is probably what Truthseeker was talking about.

Anyways, why execute one of their own soldiers just for killing someone?  That's what they are supposed to do in the first place, and wouldn't a jail sentence be more humane?

The school I went to had a principal who couldn't figure out what day of the week it was, so I wouldn't know what a good school is like.  But mine is probably what Truthseeker was talking about.

Anyways, why execute one of their own soldiers just for killing someone?  That's what they are supposed to do in the first place, and wouldn't a jail sentence be more humane?

It was an officer on THEIR side. Not the German's.

I know.  Again, why not a jail sentence?

That's the way it was. Virtually every army shot deserters or people charged with other offences during World War One. A jail sentence was an option, but with the conditions being as poor as they were, jail sentences would probably have encouraged other soldiers to desert. A strong deterrent was the 'only' option that most military courts would deem acceptable.

In this case (killing a senior officer), it was most likely a victim of shellshock who would've done this. They would often be unaware of their surroundings or even what they were doing. At the time, the army was unaware of the existence of shellshock/PTSD, therefore it was never factored into sentencing.

(Again, haven't played the game so can't say why the officer on their own side killed another officer if that was the cause. As Arctic said, Desertion and other offenses while on the front lines were a potential death sentence)

When I went to school, the phones were not smart, but we were asked not to talk on it/take calls during sessions (at the least; they didn't confiscate them for being in school yet,) or they were taken from us. even texting was not commonly abused then. 

That's the way it was. Virtually every army shot deserters or people charged with other offences during World War One. A jail sentence was an option, but with the conditions being as poor as they were, jail sentences would probably have encouraged other soldiers to desert. A strong deterrent was the 'only' option that most military courts would deem acceptable.

In this case (killing a senior officer), it was most likely a victim of shellshock who would've done this. They would often be unaware of their surroundings or even what they were doing. At the time, the army was unaware of the existence of shellshock/PTSD, therefore it was never factored into sentencing.

IW8simF.gif

Emile, the French farmer that got executed in the video, became a prisoner of war ever since he had a nervous breakdown and accidently killed a French officer with a shovel. Afaik he never truely was in the army. It being different times, and most likely also to set an example for actual soldiers (discipline was REALLY important back then, like Arctic said all deserters and also soldiers commiting mutiny can and would be shot), he got executed.

Archived