Aquiring Specific Player Items

Hey guys it's me, Hawx and I am back with another Don't Starve Together post!

So I was wondering, will I able to get Willow's lighter, or Woodie's axe?

Like that means I could be Wilson with an infinite axe without turning into a rogue beaver. Or I could just light everything on fire as Wilson? 

I feel like this would be kinda OP, so I hope not.

Cause if someone joined a server as Woodie all non-Woodies wood probably target him for his axe. Well, at least I would! Like who wouldn't want a infinite axe with nothing to stop you!

Reply about what you think!

I think that character specific items should be, well, just that.  Nobody else should be able to use them.

Well, that's my whole post in one sentence. Well that could've saved me some time if you told me that a little earlier! But in all seriousness, I agree.

Other than Wigfred's helmet and spear I think that items should only be usable by the character they pertain to although it would be cool to have Maxwell able to use Wickerbottom's more magic centered books like The End Is Neigh and Sleepytime stories.

Other than Wigfred's helmet and spear I think that items should only be usable by the character they pertain to although it would be cool to have Maxwell able to use Wickerbottom's more magic centered books like The End Is Neigh and Sleepytime stories.

And Maxwells shadow armor and sword.

Why would Abigail assist anyone other than Wendy?

Why would Woodie EVER trust anyone with Lucy EVER!? He just hasn't found a ring good enough to marry her with yet - BECAUSE ONLY TREE RINGS FROM THE OLDEST AND TALLEST TREE ON THE PLANET WOULD BE ENOUGH TO PROFESS THE BRILLIANT DIVINE MAGNIFICENCE THAT IS WOODIE'S LOVE FOR HIS AXE. He likes it alot.

Do you really think Willow would give up her one source of infinite fire!? HELL TO THE NO! If you touched it she'd probably shank you.

Who would be insane enough to try and read the Codex Umbra? Why would Maxwell ever give the Codex Umbra to anyone?

That weird thing. With the Balloons. Keep it the hell away away from me.

And finally, noone - absolutely noone can grow a beard like Wilson. It's practically why he exists and if that were a transferable item it would simply be OP hilarious.

I'm thinking if you grief someone playing as Woodie to get Lucy, you'll either (1) Be cursed on the full moon or more realistically (2) Lucy will turn into a normal axe, maybe a 1% chance to turn into a Luxury Axe. Wickerbottom's books, Maxwell's Codex Umbra turn into paper. Wigfried's battle gear turn into a regular spear and football helmet. Willow's lighter turns into a torch. Wes' balloons turn into poop. Oh and Abigail will grief you!

Wilson rules!! 

I'm thinking if you grief someone playing as Woodie to get Lucy, you'll either (1) Be cursed on the full moon or more realistically (2) Lucy will turn into a normal axe, maybe a 1% chance to turn into a Luxury Axe. Wickerbottom's books, Maxwell's Codex Umbra turn into paper. Wigfried's battle gear turn into a regular spear and football helmet. Willow's lighter turns into a torch. Wes' balloons turn into poop. Oh and Abigail will grief you!

Wilson rules!! 

Except then the owner can't get it back....

I think that Wigfrid's battle equipment, Maxwell's battle equipment, and Wickerbottom's books should not me shared because it would decrease character value overall, if everyone had a REALLY powerful armor set who would need Wolfgang or Wigfrid?

I think that Wigfrid's battle equipment, Maxwell's battle equipment, and Wickerbottom's books should not me shared because it would decrease character value overall, if everyone had a REALLY powerful armor set who would need Wolfgang or Wigfrid?

Maxwell's battle equipment? You mean night armor and dark sword? If so those are craftable without being Maxwell.

Hey guys it's me, Hawx and I am back with another Don't Starve Together post!

So I was wondering, will I able to get Willow's lighter, or Woodie's axe?

Like that means I could be Wilson with an infinite axe without turning into a rogue beaver. Or I could just light everything on fire as Wilson? 

I feel like this would be kinda OP, so I hope not.

Cause if someone joined a server as Woodie all non-Woodies wood probably target him for his axe. Well, at least I would! Like who wouldn't want a infinite axe with nothing to stop you!

Reply about what you think!

Did you know that you cannot  summon other character's items through debugspawn?

This evidence leads me to believe it won't happen.

If so, Coraline's specific item would make the other characters insane if they came near it or held it.

Why would Abigail assist anyone other than Wendy?

Why would Woodie EVER trust anyone with Lucy EVER!? He just hasn't found a ring good enough to marry her with yet - BECAUSE ONLY TREE RINGS FROM THE OLDEST AND TALLEST TREE ON THE PLANET WOULD BE ENOUGH TO PROFESS THE BRILLIANT DIVINE MAGNIFICENCE THAT IS WOODIE'S LOVE FOR HIS AXE. He likes it alot.

Do you really think Willow would give up her one source of infinite fire!? HELL TO THE NO! If you touched it she'd probably shank you.

Who would be insane enough to try and read the Codex Umbra? Why would Maxwell ever give the Codex Umbra to anyone?

That weird thing. With the Balloons. Keep it the hell away away from me.

And finally, noone - absolutely noone can grow a beard like Wilson. It's practically why he exists and if that were a transferable item it would simply be OP hilarious.

It would not be given. It would be forced out of their grasp by killing them.

Did you know that you cannot  summon other character's items through debugspawn?

This evidence leads me to believe it won't happen.

If so, Coraline's specific item would make the other characters insane if they came near it or held it.

Ooo, never thought of it like that! Maybe they will make it so it becomes a item not as great if another player who was not the player who died got the item. For example, If Woodie was killed and someone picked up Lucy, it would become a normal axe (as one of my replies thought would be a good idea @spencer320 ). Not sure how the devs are going to work around this but i'm sure they'll find a way.

Ooo, never thought of it like that! Maybe they will make it so it becomes a item not as great if another player who was not the player who died got the item. For example, If Woodie was killed and someone picked up Lucy, it would become a normal axe. Not sure how the devs are going to work around this but i'm sure they'll find a way.

So what @spencer320 suggested....

Maybe the person cannot equip and has a sanity drain from it.

You took it from a person who is now dead or wants their item back.

I'm a bit confused at that statement but more of why you quoted me...

Ooo, never thought of it like that! Maybe they will make it so it becomes a item not as great if another player who was not the player who died got the item. For example, If Woodie was killed and someone picked up Lucy, it would become a normal axe. Not sure how the devs are going to work around this but i'm sure they'll find a way.

Hey!!! That's what I said! Only like Wilson so it was better worded!

The most simple solution to this, in my opinion, is to make the other characters only be able to examine the item, without being able to pick it or to burn it.

But it would be nice if it happened something when someone steals a character-specific item. Like, if someone steals Lucy, a lot of treeguards imediatelly spawns agressive to you.

Because he wants to see people botch up the spells and ruin their lives. 

And here I was going with the Maxwell twisted logic if somebody else were to (mis)use the book, and if maybe they would be pulled in MAYBE They  would release Charlie back to the way she was?

Mind you, this is insane-hope-thought, nothing close to rational. 

Archived