PS4 : Game crashing and corrupting my save files

CE-34878-0

CE-36329-3 An error has occured with an application or system software.

Step 1: Close the application, install the latest system software and game update, and restart the system.

Step 2: If a PS Camera is connected to the system, remove it and reboot the system, then go to [settings] > [user] > [Login Settings] and turn "Enable Face Recognition" OFF.

Step 3: If the error occurs again, back up your saved data, and then go to [settings] > [initialization] and choose [initialize PS4].

Above info from Sony's Error Code List.

The code I receive is CE-34878-0. I first got this error playing DS 2 weeks ago for the first time ever on my PS4. Doing some research I see people get this code for multiple games. So far for me it's only been DS and it just happened again last night.

First Incident - The game crashed and I was able to restart the game and continue on with my game. Then the error continued 2 more times until the point where my save file is now corrupted and completely unable to play. Combined Worlds I had about 230+ Days worth of play lost. It's devastating. It opens up the save file and brings me to it but then crashes immediately.

After this I did research seeing what I could do to salvage the game. Sony's info on this error is absolute BS and not even remotely helpful. I followed all the options even going as far as Initializing my PS4 and it was all for NOTHING. 

So now my PS4 is back at factory settings, all downloads and files wiped. I download DS again and the file is still corrupt so I start a new game.

Second Incident - I now got the crash again twice during my new run. I haven't tried opening it again yet as my last incident I struck out on the 3rd attempt and my save was completely corrupted. This Save I have over 260+ days combined. 

This bug/error/ whatever you want to call it is making a game I love make me not want to try anymore. It's devastating to invest all this time in a game just to have it crash and go corrupt. Especially as a player who has finally mastered the basics and knows how to Survive. I'm trying to beat my personal best of 180+ Survived days but now the game or system is making this impossible. I can't keep playing this game just for it to short change my accomplishments. I don't know what to do and Sony is of no help with the issue.

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated. 

• Developer

Could be an issue of your base being too large and having too many items, which can overload the memory buffer.

We are releasing a patch next week which will address a lot of the crash issues, and hopefully should address your problem as well.

@Wade Thank you for responding. My base was very large and would notice lag during certain things as opening/closing boxes as it does with my new game. Glad to hear a patch is coming! I too hope this helps address any problems as losing such a game is very depressing.

• Developer

Hopefully the patch we released today will fix issues with the game crashing, but unfortunately there will still be some slowdown in extremely large and complex bases.

@Wade and any other PS4 players. The patch today has not only shown huge improvement in fps (idk what I'm talking about but it runs smoother) but I also got my old save file that kept crashing to work again!

I've noticed a few things in this newest update and everything so far is great. Thanks DS team!

Now to stay up till midnight and hopefully the dlc is there :)

Archived