Help me plz

Did you get the RoG update from steam?

If so, right click on Don't Starve in your steam library and click PROPERTIES.

Then go to LOCAL FILES.

Then click "Verify Integrity of the Game Cache."

Wait for it to be finished then try playing it again.

Check to make sure you don't have any mods from Vanilla that may interfere with RoG and unsubscribe to them. (If you want them after RoG works, write down the names of each mod.) Then try playing the game again.

If that doesn't work:

Try right clicking the game again then Delete Local Content. You will then need to reinstall the game again - and if on steam it should DL RoG automatically UNLESS you bought the expansion from a service other than steam. In which case I have no idea what to do!

I hope this helps!

hi , im newbie . I played dont starve in steam , but after update RoG when i click Play , i dont see anything , i dont see game screen . I dont know why . Help me  plz . sr my bad english

Yup, try the steps that @Gumhoy provided above. If those aren't able to help you out, would you mind posting the contents of your log.txt file? You can locate it in your Documents folder at documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\log.txt

Also, it'll be helpful to provide us a detailed list of your system specs (including your video card's specs) or a DxDiag if you're on PC.  :joyous:

i tried , but it still cant launch when i click play on steam . I have played dont starve on this pc , but now.....  This is my log.txt file , sr i dont know how to post .
    Starting up
Don't Starve: 89685 WIN32_STEAM
Build Date: 2013-11-14_12-27-51
THREAD - started 'GAClient' (2404)
HttpClient::ClientThread::Main()
cGame::InitializeOnMainThread
WindowManager::Initialize
RestoreWindowPosition
   Saved Client Pos (0 x 26)
   Adjusted Window Pos (-4 x -4)
EnsureWindowOnScreen
   All good.
GLInfo
~~~~~~
GL_VENDOR: Google Inc.
GL_RENDERER: ANGLE (Mobile Intel® 945 Express Chipset Family)
GL_VERSION: OpenGL ES 2.0 (ANGLE 1.0.0.2249)
GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.00 (ANGLE 1.0.0.2249)
OpenGL extensions (15, 15):
GL_ANGLE_framebuffer_blit
GL_ANGLE_pack_reverse_row_order
GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt3
GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt5
GL_ANGLE_texture_usage
GL_ANGLE_translated_shader_source
GL_EXT_read_format_bgra
GL_EXT_robustness
GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1
GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888
GL_EXT_texture_storage
GL_OES_get_program_binary
GL_OES_packed_depth_stencil
GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8
GL_OES_standard_derivatives
GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE = 2048
GL_MAX_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS = 16
GL_MAX_RENDERBUFFER_SIZE = 2048
GL_MAX_VIEWPORT_DIMS = 2048, 2048
GL_MAX_VARYING_VECTORS = 8
GL_MAX_VERTEX_ATTRIBS = 16
GL_MAX_VERTEX_UNIFORM_VECTORS = 254
GL_MAX_VERTEX_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS = 0
GL_MAX_FRAGMENT_UNIFORM_VECTORS = 29
4 compressed texture formats
texture format 0x83f0
texture format 0x83f1
texture format 0x83f2
texture format 0x83f3
THREAD - started 'WindowsInputManager' (2416)
cDontStarveGame::DoGameSpecificInitialize()
cGame::StartPlaying
LOADING LUA
DoLuaFile scripts/main.lua
DoLuaFile loading buffer scripts/main.lua
scripts/main.lua(151,1) running main.lua

scripts/modindex.lua(257,1) loaded modindex    
scripts/modindex.lua(57,1) ModIndex: Beginning normal load sequence.

LOADING LUA SUCCESS
scripts/playerdeaths.lua(79,1) PlayerDeaths loaded morgue    236    
scripts/playerprofile.lua(336,1) loaded profile    
scripts/playerprofile.lua(396,1) bloom_enabled    false    
scripts/saveindex.lua(74,1) loaded saveindex    
scripts/gamelogic.lua(1076,1) OnFilesLoaded()    
scripts/gamelogic.lua(1065,1) OnUpdatePurchaseStateComplete    
scripts/gamelogic.lua(81,1)     Unload BE    
scripts/gamelogic.lua(84,1)     Unload BE done    
scripts/gamelogic.lua(86,1)     Load FE    
scripts/gamelogic.lua(88,1)     Load FE: done    
scripts/screens/mainscreen.lua(511,1) platform_motd    table: 04C24A70    
SimLuaProxy::QueryServer()
scripts/modindex.lua(67,1) ModIndex: Load sequence finished successfully.

Reset() returning
CURL ERROR: Could not resolve host: www.dontstarvegame.com; Host not found
QueryServerComplete for handle [1] failed, HTTP 0: []
Collecting garbage...
lua_gc took 0.22 seconds
~SimLuaProxy()
lua_close took 0.24 seconds
Orphaned unnamed resource. This resource must have used Add( resource ) to insert itself into the manager.
Orphaned unnamed resource. This resource must have used Add( resource ) to insert itself into the manager.
HttpClient::ClientThread::Main() complete
Shutting down

From your log file, it looks like your graphics card is unable to run the game. Alas, the Mobile Intel 945 card doesn't have the required dedicated memory to run Don't Starve. Check out the system requirements here: http://www.dontstarvegame.com/specs

Do you happen to have a dedicated card like an AMD Radeon or NVIDIA GeForce installed? If you do, go into your AMD or NVIDIA control panel and force that GPU to run whenever you're playing Don't Starve. 

Archived