Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

luivul

Tallbirds can't attack

luivul    40

When I try to attack something the smallbird won't go to attack it. It's very annoying because I can't hunt birds.

Any help?

@JanH

Edit: Sorry there's a mistake in the title. I meant smallbirds.

luivul    40

have you fed your smallbird lately?

Yes. If you have a smallbird could you try to see if it works?

SethR    1,229

Hey luivul - sorry I haven't responded. I've been pretty busy trying to get Don't Starve Together ready for PAX. Because of that, I won't have time to look at many bugs for a little while. Rest assured, I've been keeping my eye on the forums and maintaining a list of things that I need to investigate. My aim is to circle back and look at that list and release some bug fixes along with Don't Starve Together.

luivul    40

Hey luivul - sorry I haven't responded. I've been pretty busy trying to get Don't Starve Together ready for PAX. Because of that, I won't have time to look at many bugs for a little while. Rest assured, I've been keeping my eye on the forums and maintaining a list of things that I need to investigate. My aim is to circle back and look at that list and release some bug fixes along with Don't Starve Together.

Oh ok thanks.

Auth    9,686

Smallbirds often don't attack, just provide support by chirping. If they sense you REALLY need them, they might peck 1 singular spider once then flee. 

I'm kinda a tallbird expert.

Tamazacat    130

I've tested this and it looks like you're right; the smallbird does nothing. :(

EDIT: I stand corrected. It appears that in order to get the smallbird to attack anything (e.g. spiders), you have to actually perform an attack action, instead of just queueing one. This isn't much use when trying to kill birds, obviously.