Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

ArcticFox789

Other Game Event Thread

ArcticFox789    701

Are you actually looking for the TF2 Tournament thread?

Why are you making another thread about this?
Quite simply, organising a structured tournament for TF2 and events that are disorganised and varied (like these ones), the two don't mix well. This is why I've decided to separate them. In the future, this thread is for weeks (like this one, where we have "other game" events.

What is this thing?
Every fortnight, a bunch of us get together to play some games. It was originally a TF2 event, and has been running since March. We've been playing other games since about July.

Next Event:
Garry's Mod, Today at 1PM EST.

Event Schedule:

July 12: Garry's Mod

July 26: Starbound

August 9: Guns of Icarus Online

Who runs this thing?
I kind of oversee it, but I don't run events. Events are run by either the person who nominates them, or someone who has agreed to running the event pre-nomination.

How to keep up with what's going on:
Just ask me and I'll add you to the notification list. Whenever something important happens, you'll receive a PM. You can also join our Steam group.

Nominating a game to play:
We have votes that decide the next few games we play and the order in which we play them (most popular first, and so on). The games that go in the vote are nominated by players, but as of now, there are some rules that must be proven to be fulfilled to allow a game to be nominated.

Nomination Rules:
- You must be able to prove that at least 8 other forumers have the game and will likely attend the event.
- You must have one player who can definitely host the event.
- More than 10 players must be able to play in one server at once.

What are the rules?
Rules are at the discretion of the player 'running' the event.

Notification List:
You will be removed from the notification list if you don't attend any of the previous three events.
-

Snob    1,272

I think this is the appropriate place to discuss about how we'll organize the DST event?

(Assuming that DST is up to 4 players, I think we'll create teams and compete one another with days survived? :D)

ArcticFox789    701

I think this is the appropriate place to discuss about how we'll organize the DST event?

(Assuming that DST is up to 4 players, I think we'll create teams and compete one another with days survived? :grin:)

Sure, this is also the place to dicuss the Garry's Mod Event today.

ArcticFox789    701

Ok so for Gmod today, what game mode will we be playing (who's in charge of the Gmod event anyway?)

It was meant to be @ThePreChewedTree, then he couldn't do it, then @sirmentlegen said he could, and to be honest I can't really be bothered sorting out events for games I don't own.

ArcticFox789    701

someone needs to host it wink wink

No idea.

Nobody has announced anything on it.

So is the event already happening or did I miss it?

See, this is the problem with the old system. Someone could nominate a game, without anyone actually willing/able to host the event. I have no idea what's going on here. Hopefully in future this kind of damp squib of an event could be avoided.

Spinorex    376

Is the Garry's Mod even still on?

I don't think it ever started.

No one showed up to host it so nothing happened. A shame really.

CaptainClam    158

I don't think it ever started.

No one showed up to host it so nothing happened. A shame really.

Aww. The one event I would have been able to join.

PatchDotexe    27

See, this is the problem with the old system. Someone could nominate a game, without anyone actually willing/able to host the event. I have no idea what's going on here. Hopefully in future this kind of damp squib of an event could be avoided.

Well in the Guns we probably would not see the problem. Crew can just choose server and play together, on one ship. That's why i suggest Guns.