Idk about boss or something. It would be awesome to fight Maxwell some way at the end of the game or something, like having a choice to fight him, free him or just do nothing. A question:

in RoG, are there other giants spawning in Adventure Mode? It would be awesome to not only have Deerclops in King of Winter, but have:

Deerclops and Goose Moose (come at different times) in 'A cold reception'

'The game is afoot' may be have Beargers coming every so often

'Archipelago' needs some challenges. I don't know if it would be awesome to have giants and stuff, but it certainly is a bit easy if you don't count the sanity loss every time you jump through wormholes

In two worlds, may be there would be no giants spawning when you are in the first world, but when you jump through either of the wormholes, Spring would start and Goose could spawn few days after (I still think there should only be a sick wormhole as a one way ticket instead of having a normal wormhole as well)

Personally, after additional thought, I WOULD like an adventure mode-like  area where we could fight the Giants...if existing and not newly made creatures are used. I would treat these zones like we treated the Phonograph zone when we were trying to do the "Finale" puzzle. 

But I am wary in altering the original cannon of the game. 

Some sort of finale puzzle could be great. Since as others have stated, this is not a combat-oriented game. A contained level which holds some kind of heavily protected structure which generates or at least directs the shadow powers/forms into Don't Starve's world could be really thrilling.

Solving a series of puzzles and going through some moderately light combat sections, maybe striking down large shadow generator components in order to power down or divert the flow of the machine/portal, if only temporarily, could lead to a more definitive, fulfilling conclusion, maybe where each player character can redirect the portal to be returned to the real world and escape at last, or if not they'd at least be temporarily free from the danger of Charlie and the threat of shadow monsters, though it wouldn't solve all their problems with the giants and constant hound attacks still looming (At least until they just up and build a field of 500 tooth traps, then they're set for life).

Heck, even if we got another dark conclusion like being imprisoned forever by the Nightmare Throne I'd be satisfied. Finding out that despite all the effort to fend off one shadow portal, you discover there to be hundreds, even thousands of similar conduits leading into the world, and that the shadow creatures are truly infinite and unknowable in their massiveness, and you just pissed them all off by more or less stubbing their toe, could be a very dark ending.

Really I don't know how grim Klei's intentions are for Don't Starve's story, but I feel like there's certainly more that ought to be told, whether we get a happy ending or not. Personally, I think the interaction and exploration of the Ancient Civilization should be updated more than anything. They seem to share a lot in common with Lovecraft's Great Race of Yith (Or the Elder Things, I forget which was overpowered by beings of their own creation) in terms of their apparent connection to the Shadow Creatures, so if we were going to make any sort of attempt to strike them at their source, that'd be the location for it to go down at.

I like the idea of end bosses as I think DST gets little repetitive after a while: we die, revive, repeat (Cool slogan), It would be interesting to see some form of new goal or personally random event that can be either random or triggered.  I think that, such as the Jury-Riged Portal, you could create some form of portal that can transport you to a land full of berries and carrots end-boss arena in which you could possibly unlock a new character, or perhaps a new recipe (something along those lines).

On a side note, would anyone be interested in a addition of a "Wandering Trader"? I know things like Wolf are random (To my knowledge) but A traveling creature that gives you rare materials in exchange for gold or other items would be interesting to interact with. 

that would be awesome, but have one of your comrades go evil super syain on you  doesn't make much since and the throne or Charlie (don't yell at me if I'm wrong but in the story of William carter, Maxwell turned her into a demon) is the equivalent of god in the ds world and because of that it would make no sense to have you fight the throne itself, but I still want some kind of raid boss maybe a giant nightmare, Charlie (is she is not god if ds)

also I hope a mod see's this so they can think about putting it in the game its  great idea

Heads up viewer, most of these posts are old.

Back on topic, traveling creatures would be interesting. Treeguards travel through the world after people no matter the distance, so I don't see it being impossible to add a nomad creature of some sort. I think DST will get less repetitive with the "Through the ages" DLC.

Archived