The Official Wurder Character Mod

I can do sounds on a super duper stupidly expensive keyboard of a friend, it can sing chorals and stuff >_> and u get to mix multiple instruments 

I would ask you for specific notes of Clarinette, but I have absolutely no technical knowledge of how music works! I can't even play by ear - so I'd really be hunting down and experimenting with music for the very first time. If you'd like to help me with this and use your friends keyboard to help finish this mod - please send me some MP3 files via PM or Dropbox. I'll use anything you send - I trust you completely.  :wilson_laugh: 

If you send me anything I will try to use it and thank you again - so much for putting more than enough effort into helping me finish this mod. I absolutely love the help. It's really a big welcoming hand to the modding community built around Don't Starve. It's wonderful.

Sorry for posting the "not-perfect" scythe art before getting your reply! I figured it would help get more interested in Wurder as it goes along though making your art get even more exposure : )

Wurder is currently ready for release as pretty much just a blank skin - but the art is sexy!

I'm just having a bit of trouble getting him into the game. Every time I try - it either immediately crashes once I try to select Wurder or does not recognize Wurder at the character select screen!

Currently I am following this guide - 

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/27341-tutorial-the-artists-guide-to-characteritem-modding/

It's done absolutely wonderfully so far - up until now. I have followed every single step, including reading further into the thread to try and find out what the possible error with Wurder is. (I'll have to check my own logs the next time it crashes, however he isnt showing up at all anymore even when enabled at the mod screen.)

I am about to redo the entire .tex conversion process, I think it has something to do with wod.zip inside the samplecharacter/anim/ folder. I've renamed everything in every xml or lua it told me to as "wur" this also includes renaming the build.bin's build name from "wod" to "wur"

If anyone could give me an explanation as to why this isn't working - please let me know! I'll probably be back tomorrow as I need to get some rest but thank you anyone who leaves some responses!

hey gumhoy i don't think my art will fit the in game character.... 

It will not but that is just fine Talma - as I said before, I may make a second scarecrow who looks just like the art you sent me originally! So don't fret. If you have the image saved a handy dandy thing would be to wipe the name off the banner but I'm not sure if you would want to do that. It's up to you. As a matter of fact, don't. I'll do it. You've done enough for me and I really appreciate it.

Believe me. Anyone who submits something to me as help is going to be used by me in some way. If not in this mod, then the next - so don't worry. You'll get your moneys worth for the effort you put in. Alright? I really really really love that you took the time to draw Wurder and I want your ideas to see fruition.

Potato_Wilson.png

Also here! Have a potato Wilson! And take a look at the art for the character in-game, don't worry I can draw up a new mod in a matter of days now that I know how to actually get the images into the game X.x

wurder.pngDo you have any ideas for what to put as character traits for the second scarecrow talma? : )

It will not but that is just fine Talma - as I said before, I may make a second scarecrow who looks just like the art you sent me originally! So don't fret. If you have the image saved a handy dandy thing would be to wipe the name off the banner but I'm not sure if you would want to do that. It's up to you. As a matter of fact, don't. I'll do it. You've done enough for me and I really appreciate it.

Believe me. Anyone who submits something to me as help is going to be used by me in some way. If not in this mod, then the next - so don't worry. You'll get your moneys worth for the effort you put in. Alright? I really really really love that you took the time to draw Wurder and I want your ideas to see fruition.

Potato_Wilson.png

Also here! Have a potato Wilson! And take a look at the art for the character in-game, don't worry I can draw up a new mod in a matter of days now that I know how to actually get the images into the game X.x

wurder.pngDo you have any ideas for what to put as character traits for the second scarecrow talma? : )

thanks for the support!

idk what the other scarecrow will be like i will think about it

BTW can you tell me how did you do the tex in the mod, i have a character planed but i don't know how to make the tex to be in hd  

thanks for the support!

idk what the other scarecrow will be like i will think about it

BTW can you tell me how did you do the tex in the mod, i have a character planed but i don't know how to make the tex to be in hd  

I cheated and I followed two guides.

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/27341-tutorial-the-artists-guide-to-characteritem-modding/

I used this one to do the art, be sure to enlarge the samplecharacter template from this mod at 400% of its original size. Once that's done:

Here's the one I used, it makes everything so much easier as opposed to having to go through all this .tex conversion madness!

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/37002-easy-character-art-tutorial/

Good luck buddy : )

I cheated and I followed two guides.

I used this one to do the art, be sure to enlarge the samplecharacter template from this mod at 400% of its original size. Once that's done:

Here's the one I used, it makes everything so much easier as opposed to having to go through all this .tex conversion madness!

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/37002-easy-character-art-tutorial/

Good luck buddy : )

the problem is kind of how do i enlarge the template.

bthw thanks!

the problem is kind of how do i enlarge the template.

bthw thanks!

In most image editors there should be a drop-down menu along the top of the program called "Edit"

Click that then hit, "Image Size."

Then change it by Percent, and put 400. Good luck!

I think he should be sideways.

That way you won't be alone in this cruel, unforgiving, horrible world - always being sideways weirdobob!?

I wish I could stay committed to staying sideways like you but I just don't have the guts!

I totally will make a character that's sideways in the future though. That's just too hilarious to not do.

That way you won't be alone in this cruel, unforgiving, horrible world - always being sideways weirdobob!?

I wish I could stay committed to staying sideways like you but I just don't have the guts!

I totally will make a character that's sideways in the future though. That's just too hilarious to not do.

Շђคภк ץ๏ย. Շђคภภккккк ץ๏๏๏ยย๏ย๏ย. เ'๓ ร๏ คɭ๏ภєєєєєєєєєєєєєє 

ɘm oT ꙅgᴎiHT ɘgᴎAᴙTꙅ gᴎiob ꙅi ɘↄAlq ꙅiHT

ん乇レア

Շђคภк ץ๏ย. Շђคภภккккк ץ๏๏๏ยย๏ย๏ย. เ'๓ ร๏ คɭ๏ภєєєєєєєєєєєєєє 

ɘm oT ꙅgᴎiHT ɘgᴎAᴙTꙅ gᴎiob ꙅi ɘↄAlq ꙅiHT

ん乇レア

Wait, I didn't get the phrase

Wait, I didn't get the phrase

Ṱ̴̲͕̳̜̳͎̦̥̮̺͚̞̮͈̯̩̩̄̄ͥͦͧ̈́̊̏͒̿̔̃̉ͪ̀̀͘ͅǫ̛̱͕͍̯̜̲̻͕̫̬̼̐̃ͥͧ̍̇̓̍̀ͯ̈́̓͝ͅͅo̘̞̲̹̥͕̻̪͚̳̟̻̮̖̤̹̺ͬ̾͌ͦ͒ͦͮ̓͗̉̿͠͡ ̧͖̗̹̝̥̣͙̤̹͔͕̤̟̥̖̰͐͊ͫͩ͒̂B̡̘̱̮̞͖̻͙̗̭̄͗́͌͗̉̍̄́͘͢͝a̡ͣ̓ͬͦ͢͟͏̜̺͖̫̫̻̦̟͚̯͉̭̦͖̹̖̩͙d̨̰̟̠̘̯̥̹̳͕̱̲͍͚̍͌̾ͧ̍̀̔́̽̆ͪ̆̇̀͘͜

Ṱ̴̲͕̳̜̳͎̦̥̮̺͚̞̮͈̯̩̩̄̄ͥͦͧ̈́̊̏͒̿̔̃̉ͪ̀̀͘ͅǫ̛̱͕͍̯̜̲̻͕̫̬̼̐̃ͥͧ̍̇̓̍̀ͯ̈́̓͝ͅͅo̘̞̲̹̥͕̻̪͚̳̟̻̮̖̤̹̺ͬ̾͌ͦ͒ͦͮ̓͗̉̿͠͡ ̧͖̗̹̝̥̣͙̤̹͔͕̤̟̥̖̰͐͊ͫͩ͒̂B̡̘̱̮̞͖̻͙̗̭̄͗́͌͗̉̍̄́͘͢͝a̡ͣ̓ͬͦ͢͟͏̜̺͖̫̫̻̦̟͚̯͉̭̦͖̹̖̩͙d̨̰̟̠̘̯̥̹̳͕̱̲͍͚̍͌̾ͧ̍̀̔́̽̆ͪ̆̇̀͘͜

Okay zalgo :(

Well, this is embarrassing.

I have recently made my own scarecrow character mod for Don't Starve, Winthrop the scarecrow. Honest, I had no idea you were making one as well. Because you intended for another scarecrow to exist anyway, I suppose there are two ways this can happen.

1.) Wurder and Winthrop are okay with each other.

B1wS3c3.png

2.) Wurder and Winthrop are not-so-okay with each other.

8eesC1e.png

Or neither of those options. Basically, I'm fine with another scarecrow mod existing, if you are too, then we don't have a problem. :encouragement:

Archived