Character creation

First of all i'm sorry for my language as i'm not english...

Also excuse me if there is any post related to this one.

I was wondering to myself how the character select would work in DST. So i thought that maybe, instead or in addition of the known characters, we could create our owns.

It could be really easy, with in the first part, 500 points to dispatch in hunger, life and sanity (ithink all the characters have that amount of points).

There would be one or two special abilities to select from a pre established list (like growing beard for Wilson or the ability to summon a ghost for Wendy). With it, i think there must be a negative one to choose (like the castor transformation for Woodie, the environment that ignites with the low sanity points for Willow).

And of course it could have a design part, with preselected avatars or maybe a custom possibility.

If anybody has an idea, please talk about it, i would love to create my character in DST, and without the use of mod if possible...

Thanks for reading and sorry again for my english...

Hmmm, like what Star Trek's MMO does to make your own "Alien" instead of the "pre loaded character types" you could have a "custom Don't Starve castaway?" (And he/she has to have a name start with W of course :-) )

I think that's a great idea! Based on the complexity though of them getting DS Together just to work, this would happen more likely as a "later release" and not a launch thing.

The only problem though is the "one thing" players were repeatedly stating is they didn't want a DST-only character and others might say/whine why they can't make a custom character in single-player mode.  And if they did this for single player, then the "purists" would whine it no longer is multiplayer optional and is ruining the single player game they only wanted, and making the character "optional without multiplayer" gets tricky...just forecasting, not believing this personally. 

I don't get it. You can create your own characters in singleplayer, as Don't Starve has a nice mod support, you can download or create custom characters, this shouldn't be exclusive for multiplayer. When you create your own character you'll have to give him a skin, quotes, stats, etc. So yeah, it isn't easy, and why don't pick the know characters? Part of the multiplayer experience is put their advantages and disadvantages to work together.

I think it will work like this:

Once you connect to the server you can choose your character, when you choose it, he will be part of the world, you can't change it, you can't use it in single player, and the only way to chance your character will be creating a new world.

Archived