The Bearger is Self-Conscious.

So when I was playing last night (unfortunately this was off-stream) I finally had the Bearger spawn. The odd thing about it was he would literally just stand there, admiring Wilson's scruffy mug... or something. Anyway, I would examine him out of boredom and initially nothing would happen. After a few seconds passed (note I would be standing so he was on the edge of the screen) he would then decide to go into ultra-rage mode and ruin my life (read: base). 

This happened consistently about three times before I managed to get him into my swamp's tentacle trap. Though the first time I did he just killed a couple tentacles and decided I was more of a threat and had a temper tantrum in my base a few screens away.

Basically, he would be neutral until I examined him. I could walk right up to him and he would just stare, but if Wilson said anything, it was on.

It's widely know to the DS community that Bearger doesn't like people talking. He'll be more than happy to watch you and eat your food. But if you talk... it's on!

Careful luring him into the reed trap. I did that one time as night was falling, running around with a torch trying to get him killed. My torch was about to die so I lit a fire nearby where I could still see him on the corner of the screen. When day came, he ate all the monster meat, walked slightly off screen and I didn't see him again for 3 Autumns!! Had me a crap ton of tentacle spikes tho!

It's widely know to the DS community that Bearger doesn't like people talking. He'll be more than happy to watch you and eat your food. But if you talk... it's on!

Careful luring him into the reed trap. I did that one time as night was falling, running around with a torch trying to get him killed. My torch was about to die so I lit a fire nearby where I could still see him on the corner of the screen. When day came, he ate all the monster meat, walked slightly off screen and I didn't see him again for 3 Autumns!! Had me a crap ton of tentacle spikes tho!

Huh, B man is a rare spawn for me; so are you saying if I examine something and my character talks with him on screen, sometimes he goes all nutz? 

Yes. He will go in a rage and start chasing you. Better have a walking cane or he'll catch up to you in no time. He'll stomp or swipe you then stand on your remains while eating anything edible you had in your inventory. He's awesome!

Huh, B man is a rare spawn for me; so are you saying if I examine something and my character talks with him on screen, sometimes he goes all nutz? 

That's what happened to me. Even with an ocean between him and me, if he heard me talking smack that was it. 

Archived