Games with awesome plots!

Watcha

So I recently finished Super Paper Mario for the second time, and remembered the cool plot and such. I mean I'm a Nintendo fanboy so nice plots are hard to come by. Anyway I find it harder and harder to find games with rich plots. What games have you played with awesome plots? 

AmI the only one that liked Super Paper Mario?

Also Super Paper Mario has awesome music IMO 

Awh man that game. It does have awesome music, I think all of em did. Except sticker star since I've never played it.

I feel like my favorites are probably going to be pretty different from everyone else here but um..

Catherine
999 / Virtues Last Reward
Borderlands 2
OFF
The Last of Us (forever crying about the DLC)
Okami

but i don't want to make like a mile long list so there's a few

I like both of them, but i like jak's story better.

Ratchet and clank: A crack in time was the best game in the series though (second is up your arsenal)

For me the series has ended on Deadlocked, as I only have Ps2 and not the ps3.

Up on Arsenal is my favourite.

I've played Jack and Dexter only at my friens' houses, and never by myself, so I don't know the plot in a detailed way.

There are a few that just float around in my mind

• Psychonauts
  • Brütal Legend
  • Dark Souls (1 and 2)
  • Warhammer 40K Space Marine had a decend one imo (although it has nothing on the Eisenhorn books)
  • Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked and Devil Summoner Soulhackers (still havent played a single Persona game i realy need to look into emulators for that one)
  • Darksiders
  • Asuras Wrath
  • Nier
  • Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom (did anyone exept me played this game?)
  • The entire Story of the Warcraft and Starcraft Universes
  • System Shock 2
  • The old Command and Conquer games (or better said anythnig before Tiberium Twilight that game sucked hard both gameplaywise and plotwise)
  • Warhammer 40K Dawn of War 2 (including all the expansions (aka Chaos Rising and Retribution))
  • TES 3 Morrowind (including Bloodmoon and Tribunal)

Probably could come up with a few more but thats what is floating around in my mind right now

Still waiting for a remake of Grim Fandango to come out (or track down a copy over the internet)

I'd wait for the remake. Old one crashes like crazy on new computers.

Warcraft and starcraft storylines. Say what you will about blizzard. But they make some good stories.

Dead Space

Red Dead Redemption

Shadows of the Damned (crazy awesome)

God of War series

Metal gear series

just had 2 more series in my head

the entire Pheonix Wright series and also the entire Professor Layton series. Both always have a plot that keeps me going (heck i finished Professor Layton vs Pheonix Wright in 4 days and nearly 18 to 19 hours playtime the plot was just that good)

Archived