Why are people against PermaDeath!?

I dont understand why one person would not want permadeath. That is the reason dont starve is so fun, it makes you have to be careful with every action you take. Then when you die you start ti realize "i should not do that next time" But if you remove that all you get somthing really boring. With no challenge.

Various reasons, there are been numerous threads have touched on it already. 

You'd be surprised how many people find the permadeath mechanic in don't starve unfun. Personally its sort of eh, Im good enough at the game for my deaths to be valid, but sometimes its just frustrating. I just turn the touchstones onto more or lots and it balances out well for me.

Permadeath isn't going to be removed. It will be an option possibly in world customisation. So if you're feeling up to the challenge that Don't Starve Together brings, enable permadeath. If not, disable it. The choice is yours :)

Think people are just against having to restart the entire world because your friend died and the point was to play together. Without some mechanic to get your friends back in the saddle there's always going to be two sides to the story.

Think people are just against having to restart the entire world because your friend died and the point was to play together. Without some mechanic to get your friends back in the saddle there's always going to be two sides to the story.

The full name of Don't Starve Together is "Don't Starve, Or You Can. It's Whatever."

or pvp should be optionable

PvP will be optional. Joe's announcement said:

We know you guys need choices. This means that many things in Don't Starve Together will be optional. We will provide you many choices for how DST will be played. This means, similar to the world generation options in single player Don't Starve, DST will include several toggles and options for you to choose how your game will be played. Persistence/Session, PvP/Co-op/, World Size, possible alternate game modes and Chat will all be optional in your game.

If PvP is going to be a thing, people should have a right to not choose permadeath.

what would be the point of PvP, then?

and don't we already have to start over if we die pretty early? the only difference is that it's your friend's fault, and really, if they're this bad at the game, you should recommend for him playing singleplayer before playing with them

....what? Are you serious? Please tell me that was a bad joke.

Permadeath+PvP=game uninstallations. NO fun.

I didn't uninstall my game when my so called "pig friend" turned into a werepig and killed me. I don't think people would quit playing just because they can't trust people. Also, if death means nothing, what's the point of self-defence killing?

Comparing werepigs to actual players is very shallow, Ralph. They're not the same. AT ALL. I quit trying to play Minecraft PvP because I couldn't trust anyone who wasn't in an effing clan.

Players will end up doing somewhat well, until one troll goes and wrecks all of their stuff while they're gone, and then plants 50 or so tooth traps around the hammered resources.

Yaaayyy. NOT.

you want pvp without an option to disable it and permadeath also without the option. id love to watch you rage when some1 kills you for no reason kid. id rather play with permadeath but i dont really want the pvp, thats why they make customisation options. ure not the only one on this forum, you dont like it? host a game with pvp and permadeath, easy as that. 

you want pvp without an option to disable it and permadeath also without the option. id love to watch you rage when some1 kills you for no reason kid. id rather play with permadeath but i dont really want the pvp, thats why they make customisation options. ure not the only one on this forum, you dont like it? host a game with pvp and permadeath, easy as that. 

I actually want there to be an option(for PvP, not for permadeath), but I'm just trying to present how I see PvP. I don't want to force everybody to play PvP, just don't want Klei to cut PvP out completely just because most people don't seem to like it.

(let's just hope this was directed at me, to avoid an awkward situation:) )

Comparing werepigs to actual players is very shallow, Ralph. They're not the same. AT ALL. I quit trying to play Minecraft PvP because I couldn't trust anyone who wasn't in an effing clan.

Players will end up doing somewhat well, until one troll goes and wrecks all of their stuff while they're gone, and then plants 50 or so tooth traps around the hammered resources.

Yaaayyy. NOT.

Uh...is maybe like

-day 100-

-Hey bro we are so OP

-Yeah...We are...-a dark sword behind-

Archived