DS fighting style/ what mods you use?

Your fighting style  

48 members have voted

1. 1. fighting style

• Tank hits?
    • dodge/kite enemys

hello there if your reading this then likely wilson has sent me to collect information on people in dont starve. As the title says, whats your fighting style and mods you use. Me i get a log suit and football helm and kick some @55. Also, what mods do you use? RAM fix, craftable gears, always on status, compromising survival, equalten exchange, and backpack slot. Tank you for your time!

-Malk

:wilsontricycle: FOR SCIENCE!

I just use a couple of small game enhancers, the mini map, always on status, display food values, and wheres my beefalo.
Also the auto catch for the boomerang because I can never catch the stupid thing.

There is only one melee fighting style (kiting), and if you think there are other useful melee fighting styles you're bound to die within minutes.

I don't use the mods. So much to do in regular game, I wouldn't want more. I also don't want to make the game any easier on myself.

These guys get it. Tanking isn't a fighting style, it's a lack of a fighting style. Not to mention that using mods to aid your lack of style is an outright disgrace. Mods for content, sure, but mods as a crutch is not what you should be doing. Adjust your skill level to the difficulty level, not vice versa.

Some mobs cannot be kited easily, and so I tend to tank. Mods I use? Well....*deep breath*

Architectural Geometry, Compromising Survival, MorePlantables, Better Boulders, RechargeableGems, Brighter Lighter, More Map Icons, Minimap HUD, Better Abigail, Better Woodie and Lucy, Always On Status, RPG HUD bare bones default, UberCharged, Magic Horns, Better Compass, MapPortato, Tooth Trap Fix, Auto Catch, Bee Nice,WolfGangClassic,Action Queue, Back To The Day, Pick Small Creatures, Rocky Poop, Deluxe Campfires(planning on ceasing use because of annoyingly large fueling hitbox), SignPlus, Oh Poop, Nature's Wild, Sort Inventory, Nitro Meat, Display Food Values, Better Console

Underlined ones are ones I'm not technically using because I am playing as Willow.

Some outdated ones or ones I used to use was the Deep Freezer mod(NOT FREEZER MOD),Summons, Evergreens/Evergreens 2,Ghosts and Graves, Equivalent Exchange, Don't Stop The Music, KrampusNacht, Unforgiven.

Any mods you guys recommend that add a bit of challenge and not just a way to craft uncraftables?

compromising survival lol u r such a cheater!

Frankly, if it wasn't for that mod, I would have quit DS long-long ago.

Also, it saves me the shame of dying when I accidentally clicked on a pengull instead of a piece of flint and got screwed over. While holding a pickaxe.

compromising survival lol u r such a cheater!

I have never got to use it and when I did firehounds killed me and my base, I didn't see the restart from last save and hit die

Oh well, unlocked all charators with xp

-Malk

Because I'm tanky and I'm in the front and there's no way that anyone is passing through!

Because I'm tanky, hardly taking damage, there's nothing Maxwell can do!

Because I'm tanky, always dealing damage, it's too easy to pull through!

Because I'm tanky, diving bosses for the loot so that's what I'm gonna do!

...Because I can't kite...

Because I'm tanky and I'm in the front and there's no way that anyone is passing through!

Because I'm tanky, hardly taking damage, there's nothing Maxwell can do!

Because I'm tanky, always dealing damage, it's too easy to pull through!

Because I'm tanky, diving bosses for the loot so that's what I'm gonna do!

...Because I can't kite...

I bet , Your charecter is Wifrid right?????

well maybe Wolfgang?? lol

I use only display food values, and in some cases (when I need to check if there any rock lobsters wandering in overworld) were's my beefalo. 

Also my combat varies between tanking and kiting: if there's more than three monsters I tank or run away, if there's less than three i kite (numbers might vary a bit)

Fightning style - dodge and kite; I try to fight smart most of the time and use the environment to my advantage (getting mobs to fight each other or using companions or the right weapons). I only go for tank 'n spank when I feel comfortable with my resources (can easily craft multiple sets of high tier armor and have plenty of healing options) but still try to avoid most hits, only that I feel more relaxed about getting hit :) .

Mods:

RPG HUD Barebones

Always on Status

Wall Gates

Fixed Tooth Traps

Minimap HUD

More Map Icons

Architectural Geometry

Relaxed Crafting

Food Values

Smart Crock Pot

Diggable Reeds

Abigail Plus

Break the Ice

Map Radius

More Fuel

Useful Flooring

Boards to Charcoal

All of this together with some personal mods linked in signature.

Sometimes tanking (most cases), sometimes kiting.

Okay, I think it's time for me too.

*VERY deep breath*:

Fish Farm DLC

Where's My Beefalo

RPG HUD")

CampCuisine

CampCuisine - MidwinterMeal

CampCuisine - ThankfulHarvest

CampCuisine - AllHallows

PickleIt

Tiny alchemy powers RoG HUD

Storm Cellar

Wilson's House With Light

Farming For Light

Wilson's Cabin

Wall Gates

HF_dawnbreak

MinimapHUD

Endothermic Torch

betterwalls

Potions

MorePlantables

architectural geometry

Golden Spear

Haunted House

HF_rpgitems

TrickOrTreat

DisplayFoodValues

SmartCrockPot

Madman's Fighting Pack

Goats

Freezer

Advanced Farming

Trade system

Survival Gear

Eyebrella

Porta-Grill

Pig Fashion

Hero In The Dark

Damage Indicators

Always On Tiki Torch

Variable Gems

waiter

Waldo With Eye Bone

Throwable Rocks

Hound Poison DLC

Monkey Skull Lantern

Craftable Skull Chest

Mermhouse

nightmareitems

sort_inventory

KnowItAll

Rechargeable Gems

Birdcage (Time Based)

Magic Horns

Beefalo milk

Deluxe Firepit

hallucinations

Koalefanta Something...

signs

thirst

Equivalent Exchange

licking

chesterchoice

chester the enlighted

CampLight 1.34 -giants-

Bucket

Silkworm

YoungBeefalo

UpAndAway

MemSpikeFix

palm tree

Esko

emeralds

berries&birds

birch trees

evergreens

injuries

islands

painted signs

Steam & Punk

Mini Tools (modding)

Gem swords

Too Many Items (modding)

Gem Boulders"

Endolighter

Salmon

*dies*

I think, it's all.

Probably 84! Wow, just 16 more to reach 100 mods!!!

Archived