Don't Starve Together Progress Report

I am super excited. But i am thinking what problems will have the people with the old bell.

Also, how the hammers will work? A little confusing.

The old bell (if in Don't Starve Together) should work as it does, seeing as it has the potential to harm the user it wouldn't matter if PvP is on or off.

How hammers will work? Hopefully as they do now. What is the concern with them? Again it doesn't matter if PvP is on or off, the way a hammer works bears no relation. If you can't trust the person(s) you're playing with not to smash down walls for example, for no reason, then don't play with them.

Basically what @Malan-Tai is saying is this:

People you meet face to face and become friends in the "real world" are normal friends.

People you meet and add as a "friend" and become "friends" in the "internet world" are strange friends.

Not stranger in the sense "more strange", stranger like "foreign". But it's true that there are some strange guys there...

I am super excited. But i am thinking what problems will have the people with the old bell.

Also, how the hammers will work? A little confusing.

All the more reason to play with PvP turned on in my opinion. At least then you have a way to defend your base from being hammerd down.

The old bell (if in Don't Starve Together) should work as it does, seeing as it has the potential to harm the user it wouldn't matter if PvP is on or off.

How hammers will work? Hopefully as they do now. What is the concern with them? Again it doesn't matter if PvP is on or off, the way a hammer works bears no relation. If you can't trust the person(s) you're playing with not to smash down walls for example, for no reason, then don't play with them.

there will always be people like that in public servers...(KILL THEM WITH FIRE....... or with spears if PvP is enabled...)

All the more reason to play with PvP turned on in my opinion. At least then you have a way to defend your base from being hammerd down.

The Big Foot call is a good way to alarm someone, also the area is not big enough, so i think is not the best try to kill, but its good at destroying bases.

The old bell has to be there.

I dont have friends to play Dont Starve. Then i would play with the forum people, always having questions about trust in them, but no problem.

I am thinking in a new protector item. Like a protector cube does in some Minecraft servers with plugins.

I've been working on a character mod that would be perfect for co-op (Krieg of Borderlands 2 fame). While I did see that mods, in general, will be supported in DST will character mods, specifically, be supported?

are they mods? yes? so they will(but will probably be broken in the process. actually they may survive, but other mods that change stuff inside the game will probably be)

I was wondering if i can locally play multiplayer with a person using only one copy of the game

(I have a sister and she's excited to play the game)

Yessir! Theres a mod, err, addon available right on Steam through the workshop

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=172291214&searchtext=

from what I hear though it doesn't always work 100%, but I haven't tried it out for myself.

Sorry, what does the following mean exactly: "When one player picks up some berries, everybody else playing needs to be updated with this information as well" 

Think of it in Minecraft "When someone breaks a block, their client but be informed that player x broke block y."

I have a good idea u guys can use.. As far as players permanently die on the don't starve world and what not.. You could make it to where on private servers the "owners" of the servers could have the options to "toggle" 

An example would be..

-Perma death On/Off

-Player Reviving On/off

-pvp On/Off

-greifing (aka stealing player planted items) On/Off

-World size small/meduim/large/Massive (if the server is gonna be public there will be a need for alot of room for recourse gathering)

Some Suggestions i would give..

1. Have farm able items (aka berries bushes, grass,twigs) Randomly spawn or find a way to make raw resources trade able with the pig men or something.. (rocks can be farmed in caves so no prob there..) Then again the catcoons can produce raw goods for us now..

2. (not important since there is TeamSpeak/skype) Add a push to talk feature for in game on don't starve..

3. Add stats..

Example:

players killed("Murders" to fit the game):7

deaths:2

spiders killed:287

players healed:49

These are just some ideas, thoughts opinions anyone? :D

So does that mean with text? =/ Well that´s going to annoying. Why do I need to know if some stranger is collecting berries?

It means that one player's computer must communicate with others in the game's code in order to keep the game updated. For example, if one player picks a berry bush, the other player's computer must know that. Otherwise, you could have berries forever from one berry bush, or, the game could crash . . Hope this helps.

Archived