Patch Notes - Rev 103865 June 12, 2014

@SethR, I noticed in the fixes, that the winter DSP was altered. I now have the problem on an existing save of the sound FX being quiet in Summer (like it was before the last patch) and restarting does not fix it like it used to. I can confirm the issue was not present yesterday.

@SethR, I noticed in the fixes, that the winter DSP was altered. I now have the problem on an existing save of the sound FX being quiet in Summer (like it was before the last patch) and restarting does not fix it like it used to. I can confirm the issue was not present yesterday.

me too, the same

Why is the "Continue" button to the left of "Cancel" in the "WARNING - Mods Disabled" screen? In my opinion, they should switch positions, to minimise the chance of a player clicking through the screen without paying attention.

Mod configuration support is still broken. Boolean options (i.e., switches), the main application for mod configuration, simply do not work, because no attention was paid to the case where the boolean value "false" is held by a configuration option.

Firstly, in modutil.lua:18, within the function GetModConfigData, we have

function GetModConfigData(optionname, modname)	assert(modname, "modname must be supplied manually if calling GetModConfigData from outside of modmain or modworldgenmain. Use ModIndex:GetModActualName(fancyname) function [fancyname is name string from modinfo].")	local config = KnownModIndex:GetModConfigurationOptions(modname)	if config and type(config) == "table" then		for i,v in pairs(config) do			if v.name == optionname then				return v.saved or v.default			end		end	end	return nilend
If "v.saved" is false, then "v.saved or v.default" will evaluate to "v.default", so it will only give the expected outcome when "v.default" is set to false as well. You should explicitly check if "v.saved" is nil or not in an if block, not use an 'or' short-circuit.

The remaining issues are in screens/modconfigurationscreen.lua, at lines 40 and 290.

Within the screen constructor, we have

if self.config and type(self.config) == "table" then		for i,v in ipairs(self.config) do			-- Only show the option if it matches our format exactly			if v.name and v.options and (v.saved or v.default) then 				table.insert(options, {name = v.name, label = v.label, options = v.options, default = v.default, value = v.saved})			end		end	end
The "v.saved or v.default" check will make the option not be displayed if "v.saved" is nil or false and "v.default" is false. Once again, what you want to do is check if "v.saved ~= nil or v.default ~= nil".

Finally, within ModConfigurationScreen:RefreshOptions, we have

local default_value = options[idx].value or options[idx].default						spinner.OnChanged =				function( _, data )					options[idx].value = data					self:MakeDirty()				end							spinner:SetSelected(default_value)
Once again, if "options[idx].value" is false, the value of the option is set to "options[idx].default" (since the final value of the "default_value" variable is selected as the spinner value at line 298), so every time the mod configuration screen is opened or scrolled, all options set to "false" are reverted (unless the default value is "false" as well, in which case the option wouldn't have been displayed to begin with, as pointed out before).

Yeah, same, winter just started and now nearly everything (besides character "voices" or fire burning) is muffled too much... Its rather annoying if I may say.

And the bug with "Light" tab always dinging when something being moved to inventory or a container is in place too.

• Removed fireflies from tumbleweed loot (it was causing a problem with controller targeting).

Can I express my discontent for this? This was a great way to make a finite resource infinite, and now it's gone completely. I want them back in the tumbleweeds, personally.

While we're add it, can we add Mandrakes, and Thulecite and/or its fragments extremely rare drops from Tumbleweeds? Those things would be nice if no longer finite. I see no reason they shouldn't be since everything else, ruins gems included, has become relatively unlimited.

I strongly agree with Coney on this one. Do you have any more specific reason for this removal, excluding: "it was causing a problem with controller targeting" ?

I have the exact same sound issue, but on winter, and restarting the game won't do any good.

EDIT: Apparently the sound issue occurs only in existing save-files as making a new one seems to "clear" it.

Standalone on all platforms has finished and the patch should be live now for all versions of the game (with the patch-release hiccups ironed out).

If you're still seeing issues on any version/platform after making sure you're up-to-date, please let us know.

GOG Standalone is still not updating properly. Yes I patched after this message. Nothing. I then reverted to a backup installation of 102572 I had before this whole fiasco. Still no exe patch. I then reinstalled everything from the scratch/gog current files - which are still ancient btw - and repatched from there - the exe timestamp is still old, the updater still claimed it's patched to 103865, but the dontstave.exe is still 102572.

So, sorry, it's not fixed.

Could you not just send the updates to GOG so they can distribute it? Is it not enough that we have to deal with DRM on a DRM-free distributions for so-called optional updates, but we have to deal with every other patch being broken on standalone?

Awww, I needed that werepig meat for Wigfrid today XD

Well, sinse everyone lost their saves, I guess you'll too have to stqrt from the beginning, lol. But this time, make sure you edit your world a lot, like autumn being Very long (will last 50 days).

Well, sinse everyone lost their saves, I guess you'll too have to stqrt from the beginning, lol. But this time, make sure you edit your world a lot, like autumn being Very long (will last 50 days).

Saves were recovered after right update was pushed out. But there are a few more bugs now, spoiling gameplay quite effectively.

I can't even get my standalone GOG to update. Might be a good thing with some of the problems being reported.

Hm. So DS main files never even go past 102572, but ROG files are. I assume you don't have ROG or it isn't getting detected?

Yep, consistency check

Checking Don't Starve...Latest version: 102572Patching files...Validating files...Consistency check completed.Everything looks good.Checking Reign of Giants...Latest version: 103865Patching files...Validating files...Consistency check completed.Everything looks good.

It's not being detected. I've been able to do updates with no problem until yesterday. I seen the problems happening and decided to wait until they were ironed out. Tried after SethR said it was good to go. Nothing. Let it be for the night but tried a little while ago and still nothing.

@DeathDisciple

If you spawn a blueprint (such as "backpack_blueprint") on a RoG enabled game, does it crash?

Not on spawn, it crashes on save/reload with blueprint spawned. No mods active.

It's to be expected, the game is clearly only partially updated, so yeah, don't patch your standalone installations if you can help it.

Not on spawn, it crashes on save/reload with blueprint spawned. No mods active.

Oh, right, the offending bit is in the OnLoad function, when it calls inst.components.named:SetName. This was reported here, being caused by the new blueprint.lua file, which exists both in RoG and in vanilla*, requiring the new strings.lua, which is a vanilla file (more precisely, now strings.lua is supposed to define STRINGS.NAMES.BLUEPRINT). This was reported under the Humble standalone, so the issue is not specific to GOG.

* Which seems a bit pointless to me, since then the RoG file has no purpose besides duplicating code. Other than the fact that one file prefixes the full prefab names with "common/inventory/" and the other with "common/blueprints/", the two files differ in a single line, corresponding to the RoG version setting the recipe name to "Unknown" if it was not specified.

While I appreciate the intent of this:

Improve UI feedback for when you have a pre-built/buffered placeable recipe in the crafting tabs.

I'm getting the same bug as others, with the menu constantly 'dinging' every time I move something in my inventory, which got annoying enough that I had to quit out of my game :(  It seems to be a problem with buffered placeables that aren't the first option on their crafting tab.  With the Food tab, I have a buffered basic farm, which causes the Food tab to show blue in the main crafting menu.  It doesn't do the 'dinging' when I move stuff around.  That seems to happen with the Structures and Lighting tabs, where the buffered items are further down on their respective tabs.  Those tabs show green instead of blue and are the ones that keep triggering the alert sound.

I'm not sure which is the intended outcome, with the main tab blue or just the buffered item blue, but I prefer the latter, myself.

Oh, right, the offending bit is in the OnLoad function, when it calls inst.components.named:SetName. This was reported here, being caused by the new blueprint.lua file, which exists both in RoG and in vanilla*, requiring the new strings.lua, which is a vanilla file (more precisely, now strings.lua is supposed to define STRINGS.NAMES.BLUEPRINT). This was reported under the Humble standalone, so the issue is not specific to GOG.

* Which seems a bit pointless to me, since then the RoG file has no purpose besides duplicating code. Other than the fact that one file prefixes the full prefab names with "common/inventory/" and the other with "common/blueprints/", the two files differ in a single line, corresponding to the RoG version setting the recipe name to "Unknown" if it was not specified.

I have no idea what you're saying.

But you seem to know what you're talking about and definitely know lua coding pretty well, judging from your mods. Is there a reason Klei hasn't hired you yet?

Put you in charge of going over the coding BEFORE an update to make sure everything seems to be in the right place with the right values and what not. This seems like a no-brainer for me!!

Thank you for your contributions to the forums and to this game!

EDIT: But please fix the game!! Lol

I have no idea what you're saying.

I just suggested and explained a test to support what seems to be happening with standalone: the RoG Lua files were updates, but the Lua files from the base game (as well as the Don't Starve executable) were not. So there's a mismatch, with a part of the game in one version and the other part in another.

I just suggested and explained a test to support what seems to be happening with standalone: the RoG Lua files were updates, but the Lua files from the base game (as well as the Don't Starve executable) were not. So there's a mismatch, with a part of the game in one version and the other part in another.

Oh ok.... why didn't you just say that? Lol.

So is this an easy fix that we should expect today, you think? Or over the weekend.... Don't seem to be hearing too much from Wade or SethR. Hopefully they're busy fixing what the problem is.

Archived