TF2 Tournament Thread

ArcticFox789

Okay, thanks to the competition thread that Subscriber made, I've seen some interesting ideas, but the one that best captured my attention was the idea of duelling.

What are everyone's thoughts on a knockout style duelling competition? 1v1, whilst the others spectate, and we gradually knock people out until we get a final? I'd propose same class vs. same class in the initial rounds and then the luck of the draw after that.

It should be fun to watch and might be a bit more interesting than what we've done recently. It'd probably be something fun to stream/record if anyone is able.

There'd be no banned weapons or classes, and basically no rules.

Any thoughts? We can run this as the event, or we can run it during the event, as in everyone could stop for a while, then resume afterwards. We could also award a prize for the winner, if people are willing to donate some stuff.

Okay, thanks to the competition thread that Subscriber made, I've seen some interesting ideas, but the one that best captured my attention was the idea of duelling.

What are everyone's thoughts on a knockout style duelling competition? 1v1, whilst the others spectate, and we gradually knock people out until we get a final? I'd propose same class vs. same class in the initial rounds and then the luck of the draw after that.

It should be fun to watch and might be a bit more interesting than what we've done recently. It'd probably be something fun to stream/record if anyone is able.

There'd be no banned weapons or classes, and basically no rules.

Any thoughts? We can run this as the event, or we can run it during the event, as in everyone could stop for a while, then resume afterwards. We could also award a prize for the winner, if people are willing to donate some stuff.

I think that would be really fun, I'd participate.

If the competition thread i made doesn't have a definite decision i could donate the spare copy of Awesomenauts that i have to it.

Also, does anyone have any ideas for map choices? I was thinking Doublecross because the bridge provides a good area for duelling, plus others can continue playing/messing around on the lower bridge and in the bases if they don't want to just spectate. Any other maps that are similarly as effective? Most ctf_ maps would be a good choice as they are usually mirrored, and there is ordinarily only a short distance from spawn to a midpoint but also with other areas for players not participating.

Also, does anyone have any ideas for map choices? I was thinking Doublecross because the bridge provides a good area for duelling, plus others can continue playing/messing around on the lower bridge and in the bases if they don't want to just spectate. Any other maps that are similarly as effective? Most ctf_ maps would be a good choice as they are usually mirrored, and there is ordinarily only a short distance from spawn to a midpoint but also with other areas for players not participating.

Dm PLR_hightower , Nucleus, 2fort, Doublecross is probably the best im.

Nucleus would be quite good, you could reserve the centre for the duels and let everyone else who doesn't want to spectate them battle in the outer ring.

Yeah, though would it be confined to the control point? or would the bridges be ok?

Also it could be like a gladiatorial thing, we get people onto the top floors of nucleus so they look at the fighters from above, and then the 2 fighters have the entire bottom floor to fight, so they can go underneath the point and fight down there and then fight their way back up.

Since notifications are broken, looks like I have to PM every single one of you in future. Hmph.

Yeah, though would it be confined to the control point? or would the bridges be ok?

Also it could be like a gladiatorial thing, we get people onto the top floors of nucleus so they look at the fighters from above, and then the 2 fighters have the entire bottom floor to fight, so they can go underneath the point and fight down there and then fight their way back up.

atm, I'm thinking Doublecross, simply because Nucleus is a bit limiting. On Doublecross, there's places to hide and run to, and Pyro airblasting isn't quite as OP.

Also, Engineer's banned.

What about meds? Is meds ok? Cuz I like med-ing.

Sure. Everything except Engineer. Also, unless we get dead on 16 players or something, we'll be starting with a round robin tournament, or people will get byes through to the next round for no reason.

Archived