TF2 Tournament Thread

ArcticFox789

So i go for Garry's mod or Loadout and heres why.

IMO:
Minecraft: Many people can get in, however it is very VERY boring without mods, and if we don't have a server for ourselves, randon people may join.
Terraria:Maybe, but i don't see many things to do in terraria other than fighting bosses and player, which can get boring quite fast.
Loadout:Seems pretty fun, and quite cartoonish(i like that) and its free so everyone could get in.
BBT: Please, just no, very few players could get in (4 tops) so it would be very divided, which imo wouldn't be fun.
Planetside:Seems fun aswell, and its free so thats a plus.
Garry's mod: By far the best option, plenty game modes, and all of them can be played by many players, the bad side would be people who's computer can't hand the multiplayer(Silent_Darkness said his doesn't) wouldn't be pleased with this option, and if we don't have a server for ourselves, randon people may join.

IMO:

Minecraft: Many people can get in, however it is very VERY boring without mods, and if we don't have a server for ourselves, randon people may join.

Terraria:Maybe, but i don't see many things to do in terraria other than fighting bosses and player, which can get boring quite fast.

Loadout:Seems pretty fun, and quite cartoonish(i like that) and its free so everyone could get in.

BBT: Please, just no, very few players could get in (4 tops) so it would be very divided, which imo wouldn't be fun.

Garry's mod: By far the best option, plenty game modes, and all of them can be played by many players, the bad side would be people who's computer can't hand the multiplayer(Silent_Darkness said his doesn't) wouldn't be pleased with this option, and if we don't have a server for ourselves, randon people may join.

Wait, is BBT a limited MP? If so, it's off the list.

Battleblock Theater has been removed from the list. This is because this event is intended to bring everyone together. A paid game that splits everyone into groups of four does not do that, and splits everyone up. If you want a BBT event, you'll have to do it yourself.

Battleblock Theater has been removed from the list. This is because this event is intended to bring everyone together. A paid game that splits everyone into groups of four does not do that, and splits everyone up. If you want a BBT event, you'll have to do it yourself.

YOU SUCK, SIR

I QUIT

My jimmies have been rustled extremely hard.

I'm not mad, just slightly disappointed. I understand this was for the greater good and was possibly needed, but i'm still slightly upset.

YOU SUCK, SIR

I QUIT

Oh dear....

and so it begins.

IMO:

Minecraft/Terraria would be kind of an open world mess around/fight/build kind of thing. I could see that being fun, and most people own those games. I for one wouldn't be too willing to buy a game for a couple of hours of event, so that's a strong upside for me.

Haven't played Loadout. There was a lot of hype, then it dropped, so I assumed everyone just got bored with it, and never bothered to play. Could be fun with friends.

I wasn't aware BBT was 4 player only, so that's out.

Never played/seen Planetside, but if it's free, why not?

I don't own Garry's Mod, but I could pick it up easily, and it sounds like it could be fun. Most people don't use voice though, and voice seems like half the fun with that game, hence why I didn't vote for that alongside Terraria.

I QUIT

If you're serious, then it can be arranged.

---

Also, I'm planning on checking final results this time next week, so we have a week to prepare. Whichever ones have top votes, I'll sort them out on a 1st place, TF2, 2nd place, TF2... basis.

My jimmies have been rustled extremely hard.

I'm not mad, just slightly disappointed. I understand this was for the greater good and was possibly needed, but i'm still slightly upset.

I understand why you'd be disappointed. It seems like a fun game, but splitting everyone off doesn't really fit in with the spirit of the event really. Also, thank you for at least taking the time to write a legible, fair response. Unlike some people. :/

I don't own Garry's Mod, but I could pick it up easily, and it sounds like it could be fun. Most people don't use voice though, and voice seems like half the fun with that game, hence why I didn't vote for that alongside Terraria.

I for one would be willing to use voice chat if the gamemode was Trouble in Terrorist Town or DarkRP. I don't know about other people though.

I understand why you'd be disappointed. It seems like a fun game, but splitting everyone off doesn't really fit in with the spirit of the event really. Also, thank you for at least taking the time to write a legible, fair response. Unlike some people. :/

You are right, you know.

Even if you don't have a whole event about it, i still recommend picking it up, whether it be for the singleplayer or not. (Specially if you like cats.) I'm not completely sure but i don't think Spinorex can run Battleblock Theater anyway.

I hope there is no hard feelings. (I think that is what YOU should be telling me, at this point. Hehe.)

You are right, you know.

Even if you don't have a whole event about it, i still recommend picking it up, whether it be for the singleplayer or not. (Specially if you like cats.) I'm not completely sure but i don't think Spinorex can run Battleblock Theater anyway.

I hope there is no hard feelings. (I think that is what YOU should be telling me, at this point. Hehe.)

I had thought about picking it up in the sale, it looks like it could be fun, although I'd have to check that my laptop could handle it. No hard feelings? :)

I had thought about picking it up in the sale, it looks like it could be fun, although I'd have to check that my laptop could handle it. No hard feelings? :-)

It's not a total resource hog, so that is unlikely that your laptop cannot handle it.

I would pick it up when it goes on sale though if i were you.

I feel like we should continue this in a PM so we don't derail this too much.

Honestly, Garry's mod and Minecraft (from the poll) are probably the best choices (atleast that i can see).

Garry's mod -Tons of gamemodes that can be played by multiple people

Minecraft - we could do like a huge villlage (thing of a klei forum village, or a town from the klei RPG game that people are making) and role play and those sorts of things, but as mentioned, can be boring without mods.

While Terraria is fun, after a while especially in a group you just start killing bosses, and with multiple people that is ridiculously easy.

Planet side i've never played so i can't say alot about that.

And Loadout can be huge bursts of fun, but it is 4V4 so it might not be the best for the group

I'll suggest some other things.

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare could probably be fun with some friends.

Counter Strike could be a good one, plus i think it has quite a few custom game modes (Like jail break).

The Ship could be fun (its pretty much dead, but you can host your own servers) plus you get like 2 extra copies to hand out to friends when you buy the complete pack (otherwise its a single player game).

Just some ideas :razz:

Minecraft/Terraria would be kind of an open world mess around/fight/build kind of thing. I could see that being fun, and most people own those games. I for one wouldn't be too willing to buy a game for a couple of hours of event, so that's a strong upside for me.

Haven't played Loadout. There was a lot of hype, then it dropped, so I assumed everyone just got bored with it, and never bothered to play. Could be fun with friends.

I wasn't aware BBT was 4 player only, so that's out.

Never played/seen Planetside, but if it's free, why not?

Terraria is about mostly battle, and that can get boring if you're with friends, if we had to start a new character for the event this wouldn't get so boring tho(And im almost sure terraria has no mod support). And when I say Minecraft is boring without mods i mean as boring as something can get, also alike the tf2 events i'd be of use if we had a private server(with mods). (Meh, i'd go for it, that game has been a waste of money for so long, i want to get some hours of entertainment out of it at least)

Garry's mod can be fun without mic, but alike in tf2 the time you need to type something lets you very weak agaisnt attacks, and since most gamemodes dont have respawn and dead people can't talk with alive ones(unlike tf2) thats a minus for non-mic people.

I thought about Loadout, but since the orange glommer dude said its only 4v4 tops, thats probably not a good option.

I dunno about planetside but since its free may at least try it out.

Also guys, for the love of the giant fatman(GabeN) please no CS, if any other game I'll grab my money and if it's not enough i sell my organs, but please no CS,im begging you.

Edit:Also what Starbound? I don't have it but it could happen, right?

True, i find that it could probably last longer than terraria (due to the infinite planets, tech and less of a focus on fighting, for anow anyway)).

That could be very fun Especially when we are all exploring the planets together :grin: and exploring dungeons

pNCaKyx.jpg

Terraria is about mostly battle, and that can get boring if you're with friends, if we had to start a new character for the event this wouldn't get so boring tho(And im almost sure terraria has no mod support). And when I say Minecraft is boring without mods i mean as boring as something can get, also alike the tf2 events i'd be of use if we had a private server(with mods). (Meh, i'd go for it, that game has been a waste of money for so long, i want to get some hours of entertainment out of it at least)

Garry's mod can be fun without mic, but alike in tf2 the time you need to type something lets you very weak agaisnt attacks, and since most gamemodes dont have respawn and dead people can't talk with alive ones(unlike tf2) thats a minus for non-mic people.

I thought about Loadout, but since the orange glommer dude said its only 4v4 tops, thats probably not a good option.

I dunno about planetside but since its free may at least try it out.

Also guys, for the love of the giant fatman(GabeN) please no CS, if any other game I'll grab my money and if it's not enough i sell my organs, but please no CS,im begging you.

Eh, Starbound's a poor mans Terraria in my view. Far too grindy and the character wipes have pretty much neutralised the hype it had going for it. I'll add it though.

Also, if we did do Terraria, I'd recommend new characters, just to make it fair.

Don't think anyone suggested CS:GO, but I haven't played it. Whilst we're talking about free first-person shooters, I suppose Fistful of Frags is an option, I enjoyed the few hours I played of it.

Eh, Starbound's a poor mans Terraria in my view. Far too grindy and the character wipes have pretty much neutralised the hype it had going for it. I'll add it though.

Well they have fixed the code, so they never have to wipe people's saves again, though i can agree it is far too grindy (though it gets better later on imo), and it is complete luck if you can find a gun (they get more common later on but still), which is pretty much necessary to beat the first boss, also (at the moment atleast) you can make a bunch of self firing turrets for 1 pixel each (so you can literally cheese every boss by just making a arena with a bunch of these).

Also, if we did do Terraria, I'd recommend new characters, just to make it fair.

Yeah, we would pretty much need to, as i have a character with the best armor, accessories and weapons, so it would be kindof pointless :razz:

Though it would be nice if we could take some things with us (like taking dyes/ vanity items with us from our worlds onto the server, as re-getting some of the pets and the rainbow dyes i have would be such a pain ;~;

Also just throwing a suggestion here(I hope it isn't rude/wrong to say thi here, Artic) what about some events more often? I believe many people around this of the year have a lot of free time(since its summer for most of you) not even only tfw, but maybe a minecraft or terraria server perhaps?

Also just throwing a suggestion here(I hope it isn't rude/wrong to say thi here, Artic) what about some events more often? I believe many people around this of the year have a lot of free time(since its summer for most of you) not even only tfw, but maybe a minecraft or terraria server perhaps?

Well, we could move to weekly, one week random game, one week TF2. Or we could ignore the fact that TF2 is 'special', and just include it as any other kind of game.

So, do you mean have a dedicated server to drop in/out of for either of those?

Yeah, we would pretty much need to, as i have a character with the best armor, accessories and weapons, so it would be kindof pointless  :razz:

Though it would be nice if we could take some things with us (like taking dyes/ vanity items with us from our worlds onto the server, as re-getting some of the pets and the rainbow dyes i have would be such a pain ;~;

I don't think pets/dyes/vanity items would be an issue. :D

Archived