TF2 Tournament Thread

ArcticFox789

(I would like to join the tf2 tournament)

When does the tournament begin?

It's what we do instead of a match now, we play a tournament thing, and instead of a raffle, the winner gets the prizes. If you're sure you can come, I'll sign you up for it.

I will join the tf2 tournament, if it's Saturday again.

Not this Saturday, next Saturday. The draw's filling up nicely. Also, don't be afraid to commit, I don't mind if you drop out last second, it's fine. I'd just rather have this done as soon in advance as possible.

Thinking about refining some rules:

Current Rules:

- Engineer is banned.

- You may change class at any time.

- You may not leave the bridge during a round at any point.

- You may not stand on the bridge whilst not fighting.

- You may not be a Cloak & Dagger Spy on the boxes (except the referee).

- You can watch the match from the roofs above the Sniper balcony.

- You must not make an obvious effort to avoid combat.

- You must arrive at the bridge when your fight is called within a reasonable time peroid.

Proposed Rules:

- Heavy is also banned - on such a small space, Heavy is definitely OP (No Heavy lost a match).

- Encroaching on the bridge will incur a warning. Repeating it will incur a 1 point head-start for your opponent in the next match. A third time, they will be disqualified from the current and next tournament. srsly guis.

- Semi-finals will be decided on a best of 5 basis, with finals being decided on a best of 7 basis.

Anything else?

So wait.. The tournament takes place.. At the bridge??

Not this Saturday, next Saturday. The draw's filling up nicely. Also, don't be afraid to commit, I don't mind if you drop out last second, it's fine. I'd just rather have this done as soon in advance as possible.

Granary middle point should be the duelling place. Not the bridge. It has plenty of space, and it's more fun.

The game is composed of 1v1 fights, so is it between different classes? I think that would be dumb. Players should fight each other with the same class, otherwise, it might get very weird very quickly.

Granary middle point should be the duelling place. Not the bridge. It has plenty of space, and it's more fun.

The game is composed of 1v1 fights, so is it between different classes? I think that would be dumb. Players should fight each other with the same class, otherwise, it might get very weird very quickly.

I agree with granary. I do think we should be able to use whatever class we want. Also we need commentators! That would make it more fun.

So wait.. The tournament takes place.. At the bridge??

I agree with granary. I do think we should be able to use whatever class we want. Also we need commentators! That would make it more fun.

Granary is fine, I chose Doublecross based on the assumption that the lower bridge provides a route for players to continue to fight despite the ongoing tournament (preventing boredom), but it seems that wasn't the best idea. I agree that Doublecross is limiting to, and provides a large advantage to Pyros, Demos and Heavies, whilst limiting Scouts, Spies and Soldiers.

Honestly, I don't think we need change the class rule. A tournament doesn't really work if only Heavies can fight Heavies or something along those lines. Everyone needs to fight everyone, and the Granary midpoint allows more space to avoid Sticky traps and Heavies, so it should be less of an issue. The format doesn't fit too well with a class-locked system, and that just throws any idea of fair competition out of the window.

Commentators would be awesome, as would a stream/recording of the event. Not exactly sure of the best candidates for this job though. Certainly not me.

Wait, you said that "The Draw" was filling up nicely, does that mean this isn't a Team Fortress 2 competition? But a drawing contest? Does that mean I'm still allowed?

I'msorryIhadto

Well, you can use the time to draw if you want, not entirely sure it'll help you win, but do whatever. :p

I'm happy to let the ban slide, as long as it isn't repeated. To be honest, I was just angry with myself after the DwerBomb/Derpenstein incident and I wanted to try and get my point across as simply and easily as I could.

I'm joining ! (maybe, really not sure, but I'm moving the same week [the event is next week, the 19th, right ?])

That is correct. I'll put you down, but if you need to pull out (or just don't show up), I'm not bothered, it's not terribly hard to modify the draw.

Honestly, I don't think we need change the class rule. A tournament doesn't really work if only Heavies can fight Heavies or something along those lines. Everyone needs to fight everyone, and the Granary midpoint allows more space to avoid Sticky traps and Heavies, so it should be less of an issue. The format doesn't fit too well with a class-locked system, and that just throws any idea of fair competition out of the window.

I'm agree. It will become a mess. I, personally, prefer "one class for whole tournament" rule. But... If people will provide a "change class anytime" rule, than we can use a compromise. People can't change class in a middle of match(3,5,7 fights without changing is obviously fine). 

I'm agree. It will become a mess. I, personally, prefer "one class for whole tournament" rule. But... If people will provide a "change class anytime" rule, than we can use a compromise. People can't change class in a middle of match(3,5,7 fights without changing is obviously fine). 

Actually, I don't think it should be that way, if we couldn't switch classes mid-round (not mid-fight ofc) then it would essentially be a game of rock-paper-scissors

Think like, your opponent might be picking heavy, so you go spy, lo and behold, he picked Pyro, meaning that, you basically lose, with no chance of winning because your a spy against a pyro for 3 rounds straight.

Actually, I don't think it should be that way, if we couldn't switch classes mid-round (not mid-fight ofc) then it would essentially be a game of rock-paper-scissors

Think like, your opponent might be picking heavy, so you go spy, lo and behold, he picked Pyro, meaning that, you basically lose, with no chance of winning because your a spy against a pyro for 3 rounds straight.

Eh, I disagree. I like that you may have to take a gamble. Plus, even as Spy, Granary's midpoint makes Pyro much less OP.

Added three new people to the draw, so only four spots left, unless loads of people ask to join, in which case, it can be expanded to 32 or begin with a round robin or something.

@Subscriber01236, was it you who said that you could take care of the Garry's Mod event this Saturday, as in finding a server and stuff like that? I can still do reminders/PMs, but someone else needs to do the event related stuff, I don't even own Garry's Mod. :razz:

I would like to petisape in la tee ffff tooo in spot 11

You got spot 12, so I suppose that's alright, given that it's the same match.

Voting is over!

Starbound wins, Guns of Icarus is second, and Terraria is such a distant third, I won't even count it as an event. Here's next months event schedule. People stepping up to manage Garry's Mod, Starbound and GOIO are much appreciated.

Saturday: Garry's Mod

July 19: Team Fortress 2

July 26: Starbound

August 2: Team Fortress 2

August 9: Guns of Icarus Online

August 16: Team Fortress 2

Archived