TF2 Tournament Thread

ArcticFox789

T̴̰̖͔̯̘͖̫͎̝͖̦̒ͦͫ́ͪͬ͑̂ͨ̉̎̃͌̂͒́̕hͯ̎ͪ̆̋͑ͭͨͤ͊ͪ̓̍̑̓ͯͩͨ̀̚͠͏̡҉̜̟͙̘i̧̞͇̦͈͔͈͈̭̣̞͕̺̞̰ͣͦͣ͂ͣ̍́̕ş̶̨̹͔͓͈̟̟͎͎̺̊̽̈́͢ ̴ͭ̀̅̒͂ͣ̆̂҉̠̥̹̟̝̜͔͈̟͇͎̰̻̪͚̙w̸̵̥̬͉͍̦̙̺̼͎͕̼̩̆̄͐̌͐̈̆̊̋͛̈̍͐̾ͦ̐͒͋ǐ̶͔̣̲̮͚͚̟̜͗̄̈́̿̾ͨͬ̇̇͌͑ͫ̇̃̊̌̐̉͝͠͠͡l̴̻̭̰̬̦ͩͫ̏̈́̾ͯ̚̚͜͜͟͠l̷̺̪͚̝̟̬̖̹̖͕̫͇̗͐̽ͥ͊̊̋̈́ͧ̇́̕͟ ̴̨̢̘̯͖̘̦̞͙͓̻̫͎̋͂ͤ͛̂̇͂͐̃ͭ̐̀̕͞b̦̣̥̤̲͚̊̅͆̿̎͒̿́̕eͯ̅̇͒̿ͤ̓͢͠͏̬̳̝͎̥̟̞̺̩̣̠̩͙̺͉̟͟ ̸͌ͨ́ͯͨ̿̓͒ͣ͒̍͂ͯͦ̋̈́̈́͟҉̢̺͍͇̥̥͍̥̦̹͇̣̦̤ͅt̶̢͙̯̬̲̺͙͇͛ͫ͑ͣ̾̑̆̈́ͩ́̚͘͢͜h̛̲͎͈̟̼͚͕̝̲̺͐̍̎̓͗̿̎͐ͣ̓ͮͯͬ̈́ͫͯ̅̂̕e̷̅̊ͣ͛̾͑̋͂̅͝҉̹̗͕̮̞̭̗͖̲̫̦͖͉̟̺̤̩͖ ̶̼̥̟͖̗̪̜̽̃ͥ̔ͥͮ̏̓́̈̆̋̑̇ͫ́̚͝e̼̞͍̹͕̙̠̹̲̳̮͚͈͎̔ͣ̆̊ͤ̐̀͘ͅn̸̸͉͎̙̙͓͇͕̪͚̙̙̈̽́͘͜d̴̡̢̢̮̙̞̰͙̩̘̺͎ͥ̎̔̌̈́̽͐͛̑̐̊̒ͫ͊͛̇̚̚̚ͅ ̙̼̱̗̲̳̪̀ͧ̔̇͊ͦ̌̃̊̀͘͢͠o̷̶̷̠̰̥̙̳͚͙̺̺͚͔̩̻͈͋́̄ͯ͆̊̏f̈́̿̐͊̄̋͏̡͔̣̝̜̝͚̗̰̹̗̫̻͡ͅ ̶̙̮̦͎͇͈̞̮̮̜͖͕͖̺̼̣̻̲͌͗͛ͥ̉̒ͥ͑̏͊̋́̚u̢͈̝̣̦͕͛̀͆ͬ̿͗̿̉ͥ͐ͬ̃͆ͮ̃̿̑s̴̶̶͇̞̬͚̼̮͎̝̤̻̝̟͎̤̐͋̽ͨ͑͗͞

Now you have to explain me why I lost.

Oh my god I have made a huge mistake. I put the 2-0 down for Derpenstein, when he actually lost 2-0, so that when the semis started, I saw 2-0 to him and put him through. Oh my god I am so sorry Dwer, but I was distracted by everyone running on the bridge, and someone killed me during your fight, I just got lost. I really am sorry. I don't know what I can do. Oh my god. You could've won a game too... :(

I am so, so sorry. I just couldn't keep up with it because everyone was distracting me and yelling in chat.

Oh my god I have made a huge mistake. I put the 2-0 down for Derpenstein, when he actually lost 2-0, so that when the semis started, I saw 2-0 to him and put him through. Oh my god I am so sorry Dwer, but I was distracted by everyone running on the bridge, and someone killed me during your fight, I just got lost. I really am sorry. I don't know what I can do. Oh my god. You could've won a game too... :(

I am so, so sorry. I just couldn't keep up with it because everyone was distracting me and yelling in chat.

Oh shi-- uh poop.

What do we do now?

It's ok I forgive you. But what about Derp? He lost but acted like he won.

Oh dear. Didn't realize this mix-up happened. It looks like I did lose then. I'm so sorry Dwer. I already activated the game, but I can give you the 3 ref.

Well, I don't feel ok with having the 3 ref, as I could have lost too...

@ArcticFox789 what do you think about this?

Dr. Derpenstein won - he shouldn't have, but he did. What happened is explained here.

The tournament as it happened:

Round One: - (Losers in the first set of four filled in the four remaining spaces in the draw, as we had 12 participants).

23rd 2-0 sirmentlegen

Dr. Derpenstein 2-1 Patchdotexe

Blazingice26 0-2 Craig_Perry

DwerBomb 2-0 F3RR1S

Subscriber01236 0-2 sirmentlegen

Patchdotexe bt. vingw - vingw did not turn up to the bridge to fight in time, so Patchdotexe received a bye.

Blazingice26 bt. MycoLogical - MycoLogical had left the game, so Blazingice26 received a bye.

F3RR1S 0-2 Xankz

Quarter-Finals:

23rd bt. Craig_Perry - Craig_Perry had left the game, so 23rd received a bye.

DwerBomb 2-1 Dr. Derpenstein - This is the match I was distracted in, so mistakenly awarded the win to Dr. Derp.

sirmentlegen 2-0 Blazingice26

Patchdotexe 2-1 Xankz

Semi-Finals:

23rd 2-0 sirmentlegen

Dr. Derpenstein 2-1 Patchdotexe - Match shouldn't have taken place.

Final: - (Best of 5)

Dr. Derpenstein 3-1 23rd - Match shouldn't have taken place.

The semi-final between Patchdotexe and Dr. Derpenstein should've been Patchdotexe vs. DwerBomb. This didn't happen, because not only did some of you repeatedly run around the bridge, distracting me and the contestants, but one of you killed me, meaning that someone was incorrectly dumped out of the tournament. Next time, anyone encroaching onto the bridge during a match will be immediately DQed, and if they are already out, DQed from the next one.

I didn't receive the hat for pyro, but I feel that should go to DwerBomb anyways, due to the possibility of winning. As well, I wish to give a ref to 23rd, for the reason being that the fight should have been with Dwer, or patch, and in that case, he might have won. I guess that means that Patch should get something as well? I don't know :/

I didn't receive the hat for pyro, but I feel that should go to DwerBomb anyways, due to the possibility of winning. As well, I wish to give a ref to 23rd, for the reason being that the fight should have been with Dwer, and in that case, he might have won.

This seems reasonable.

Next time Arctic, pay more attention to the chat, as I was asking you what was happening but you didn't notice it.

Well, I don't feel ok with having the 3 ref, as I could have lost too...

@ArcticFox789 what do you think about this?

So yeah Dwer, I'm so sorry for not realizing that your win wasn't counted. I was honestly confused when my name went up for the finals matches, but I went along with it.

I hope you can forgive me for that.

Oh dear. Didn't realize this mix-up happened. It looks like I did lose then. I'm so sorry Dwer. I already activated the game, but I can give you the 3 ref.

It's ok I forgive you. But what about Derp? He lost but acted like he won.

It all seems like an honest mixup to me. I don't think he intentionally cheated, I think he just assumed it was some kind of quirk of the competition that I had put him through, because none of you could see the brackets. Personally, I think the 3 Ref should go back to mentlegen. Like DwerBomb said, Patch or 23rd might've beaten him.

Now, if next time, you can enter in advance, I can have a nice set of brackets prepared here, for you all to see in advance, rather than hastily scribbling them down during the match, whilst also trying to watch the matches and also trying to get people off the bridge. I get people wanting to watch the matches, but if so, go Spectator, or get on the roofs above the Sniper nest, that way you can still fight. Just don't run around/attack the contestants (Blazingice26, in particular), during their matches.

This seems reasonable.

Next time Arctic, pay more attention to the chat, as I was asking you what was happening but you didn't notice it.

Look, seriously, I can't see what's going on. People were spamming binary code, talking about shipping, I was watching the matches, shouting at Menderslan, being killed, etc.

I tried to pay attention to the chat, and with less of it, and no-one on the bridge/being killed, I could've done it. I do apologise, but please don't just pin the blame on me, it was hard to deal with all at once.

I understand it's boring whilst you're not fighting, but if I'm not given any kind of authority or respect from any of you, I'm wasting my time. I seriously can't do everything at once. We needed quick matches, we had others in the way, we had chatspam, we had meaningless conversation, disappearing participants, kicks for inactivity, people who were on the server but didn't turn up, y'know. I really can't actually set this up unless I'm listened to, and everyone lays of the in-game chat. Join the group's chat for idle chatter would be my suggestion. Just need to Shift+Tab, not hard.

Also, I hate this, I really don't want to do this, but Blazingice26 is disqualified from the next competition due to flagrantly ignoring the rules, attacking a competitor during the final, repeatedly killing the referee & repeatedly encroaching onto the duelling area during matches. If you aren't going to listen to me during the match, I really don't have any options left. I'm really sorry, but there's nothing else I can do. My hands are tied here.

Well it was 2-1 actually, but whatever.

About Bridge... Am I only one who stick to this rule? I even changed team few times to kill those guys, who break the rules. 

Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't write down scores, so I did them from memory, please correct any mistakes.

Also, yeah, it was you and a few others and I noticed you helping me out with that, thanks. :)

And yeah, once, after my own fight I killed you, Arctic. Very sorry, i didn't noticed you, just kept spaming fire on the bridge. And you invisible on the box... I didn't even know about you staying there. 

It's fine if it's accidental, especially after a match too, means I didn't miss anything. It's when it's on purpose for no reason that it's annoying.

Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't write down scores, so I did them from memory, please correct any mistakes.

Also, yeah, it was you and a few others and I noticed you helping me out with that, thanks. :-)

That was great one. I just had fun, even when I wasn't in fight) And yeah. Maybe Derp shouldn't have win, but twice I got wrecked by him, so... The result was kind of fair for me. :lemo:

Archived