TF2 Tournament Thread

ArcticFox789

This seems to have been a thing for most if not all of the previous events aswell, tbh...

I think people should appreciate you way more for even bothering trying to set up all these events to try and have a good time together. It is completely understandable if you're gonna quit doing that, I know I would have a long time ago already.

I want to carry on, but the way things are going, just, no. I think these are going to be dead for a while. Perhaps this more relaxed tournament thing will start at some point, but no promises.

Sorry to everyone who enjoyed and attended any of the events. :(

Me. Hopefully I won't have to go away.

When would it be?

I might set out the big tournament idea further:

There would be 32 available slots in the tournament.

The tournament would take a group & knockout format.

There would be 8 groups comprised of 4 players. Each of the 4 players would play each other.

The winners of the groups would progress to a Round of 16 knockout phase.

Group slots would be assigned based on timezone.

Matches would not have a scheduled time or map.

Matches are played whenever both players (and a neutral adjudicator) are available. The players may choose any map.

Are you actually looking for the other events thread?

What is this thing?

A casual TF2 Tournament that allows participants to play their matches whenever is most convenient. It's a 32-player tournament that begins with a Group stage and progresses to a knockout phase.

When is it?

Whenever. As long as both of you are online and ready to fight, then the match can proceed.

Can I join?

Yes, just add your name, timezone and location to this sign-up sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmApROIY2HFMdHZ5NGRSX0UxR00weFl1MWU5bTRJZnc&usp=sharing

What map do we play on?

Again, this is player choice, as long as both of you agree, it's fine. The size of the arena for fighting is again up to you.

How many slots left are there?

There are currently 31 slots left. (Last checked 11:52, 20/07/2014)

Are there any prizes?

Yes. All entrants are required to donate a prize to the prize pot. I'm the middleman, so all donations are to be sent to me via Steam. The prize can be anything from a weapon to an unusual, or even Steam prizes like profile backgrounds and emoticons. It could even be a spare game key you have.

What's happening with the fortnightly events?

They're over, I'm afraid.

How will you know who wins?

I'll trust you to be honest. If both players claim a win, then there will be a rematch with a referee.

Just going to direct everyone to the new OP. The 'Can I join?' section in particular.

I will join in. But...

I think we just started to make our tournament too complex. Well, some of participants were jerks in the first one. They were making a mess on the bridge. But two snipers(or another random classes), who didn't allow to make a mess on fight spot, they would work just fine(it was a mess in places out of bridge, but I loved it. Seriously.). Also, why all of us should be spy to watch a match, there a enough spots, to watch match and didn't get hurt or get in the fight. No matter invisible you(I don't know how it should help) or not. New rules didn't really help, because there three kind of people: Who didn't break fights, who do it because they are lose, and last kind, who do it all the time. You can't fix it by creating new rules.

Well, I wasn't a best example of participant according on last tournament. But how i already said, we could have fun and didn't break tournament in the same time. Also we could do it without being spectators or spies. Even without friendly fire, which one actually didn't work similar for all classes.

Whatever. I will donate my part in the end of the week. Is it fine?

I will join in. But...

I think we just started to make our tournament too complex. Well, some of participants were jerks in the first one. They were making a mess on the bridge. But two snipers(or another random classes), who didn't allow to make a mess on fight spot, they would work just fine(it was a mess in places out of bridge, but I loved it. Seriously.). Also, why all of us should be spy to watch a match, there a enough spots, to watch match and didn't get hurt or get in the fight. No matter invisible you(I don't know how it should help) or not. New rules didn't really help, because there three kind of people: Who didn't break fights, who do it because they are lose, and last kind, who do it all the time. You can't fix it by creating new rules.

Well, I wasn't a best example of participant according on last tournament. But how i already said, we could have fun and didn't break tournament in the same time. Also we could do it without being spectators or spies. Even without friendly fire, which one actually didn't work similar for all classes.

Whatever. I will donate my part in the end of the week. Is it fine?

The idea was that invisible spies wouldn't be a distraction. Also, if you're signing up, can you fill this out please?

The idea with more rules was that I could concentrate on the competition to avoid mistakes like last time. It makes it easier for me, which was needed, it's so hard to make sure everything is going on correctly for these things. I know it sounded ******-y, and yeah, I kinda was in parts, but hey, that wasn't easy to avoid. I tried, and it doesn't work, not well. This new thing eases the stress on me, it means players from anywhere can sign up, even when the tournament was at a bad time for them. It's more complex, but easier to manage and participate in.

I'm sorry for going away...

How did it end?

Well...this sucks D:

Well, according to Nyahhbot (Sorry subscriber, i'll stop doing that now), it all fell apart.

The tournaments as we know them are over, but something else is starting. Read the OP for a more detailed explanation, you can sign up from there. 

Unfortunately, my new job won't allow me free Saturdays until the Fall, and even then only every other Saturday (though it might fall on the right one). but that's why you won't see me for a while.

When I do, I"m still up for recording. I enjoy it.

Well time to quit the steam group then since you guys barely use the announcement system

Take me off the ping list too

I use it regularly, they're just deleted after the event they're referring to is over.

Huh. The fortnightlies are over? That sucks.

I just... can't keep doing them, the original events just got boring and the tournaments can't be organised effectively enough without voice and more than one person. This new thing is so something at least is going on, and also requires the least amount of participation on my level.

I must say my case is kinda weird. I'm right now in GMT-1, but next week I'll be in GMT+1 (did you write +2, or is it just me ?)

France is GMT+2 in Summer. Britain is usually GMT+0, but in summer, it's GMT+1, and France is an hour ahead of British time, so GMT+2. (Source: worldtimebuddy.com)

Archived