Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

PinkiePieCyborg

"The Game Is Afoot" is broken

XirmiX    754

The Game is Afoot is life itself.

Can I get an answer from someone who's less of a troll?

imsomony    417

I don't even get what "The game is a foot" means and I don't get where it's going with that either. I get the point of the other worlds but what's the special feature for The game is a foot?

The word "afoot" can mean "on foot/walking" or "in progress/operation is occuring".

The phrase "game is afoot" means that pleasure is being derived from a puzzling activity, and that a chase has begun - often times the chase is that someone or something is being hunted.

In the world "The Game is Afoot", Maxwell gets pleasure from DS characters puzzling out how to survive and complete the level. The level itself has a difficult start, and dangerous land bridges to navigate. The character is being hunted metaphorically... well, literally by Deerclops, but metaphorically by monsters and/or mobs, and ultimately by Maxwell himself.

XirmiX    754

So all in all it should just give monsters being set to more, if not mistaken. Is that the level where the Maxwell's traps are set on?

imsomony    417

I don't want us to get too off-topic from OP here, but I don't wanna leave you hanging either...

So all in all it should just give monsters being set to more, if not mistaken. Is that the level where the Maxwell's traps are set on?

They're not set to "more" exactly... they're in large clusters at specific areas. It's difficult to describe unless you've played the level, so if you haven't and are interested, you may want to check out the wiki and the pics/description for "The Game Is Afoot". The Wiki doesn't detail any changes that may have been made to AM as part of RoG, or the bugs OP is experiencing.

I don't recall ever seeing any Maxwell's Traps on "The Game Is Afoot". It doesn't mean they can't be there, just that I personally don't remember ever seeing them.

polanskyf    0

Hello Klei! I posted a discussion on the Don't Starve community hub reporting the bugs and balance of this chapter http://steamcommunity.com/app/219740/discussions/0/522729358636860391/.

A copy paste from it:

"-After I have installed RoG the days in this chapters don't get longer after the 10th day, and it is winter untill the 12th day.

-The spider bridge is insanely hard as there are more than 2-3 tier 3 spider dens on the start of the bridge, and even more when you continue.

-Deerclops NEVER spawns.

Same here.

After 100+ days i searched every corner of the map for a wormhole and/or the last thing (metal potato) without success. There's a couple of "lands" where there isn't a thing nor a wormhole.

After 12 days of winter what i had is not summer, it's perpetual spring (no frog rain, i'm lucky).