Klei Forums Rpg style game

TRENTOMINOUS

Storyline

You are in the "Klei forum building"!(tah tah taaaaaah) You are new and you have to prouve yourself to gain ???(perhaps valor) with lots of tasks and fights. Each room are a world(small) with a member of the forum, tehy can be ennemies or full of monsters.If they are good(with us), they can ask you 3 quests(easy=>not easy=>hard) to complete and you win a title if you complete them all. Titles canbe usefull for fights/adventure. Perhaps you need to complete the three quests of all(of some) of the devs/others predefinite. The boss can be the final speech where you prove yourself???

The fights with pnj are speeches, we can take some of the real discussions for that.

With monsters, just normal fights with one weapon and armor/hat.

The "classes" get you bonuses and maluses for the adventure(like speech master, get one answer suppressed for speech fights.)

Erh, whatever, we have to find questes...

Storyline
You are in the "Klei forum building"!(tah tah taaaaaah) You are new and you have to prouve yourself to gain ???(perhaps valor) with lots of tasks and fights. Each room are a world(small) with a member of the forum, tehy can be ennemies or full of monsters.If they are good(with us), they can ask you 3 quests(easy=>not easy=>hard) to complete and you win a title if you complete them all. Titles canbe usefull for fights/adventure. Perhaps you need to complete the three quests of all(of some) of the devs/others predefinite. The boss can be the final speech where you prove yourself???

The fights with pnj are speeches, we can take some of the real discussions for that.
With monsters, just normal fights with one weapon and armor/hat.

The "classes" get you bonuses and maluses for the adventure(like speech master, get one answer suppressed for speech fights.)

Erh, whatever, we have to find questes...

You DO realize I already gave out the idea of the 'quest difficulty' system?

You are new and you have to prove yourself to gain ???

Reputation. It's perfect.

You are a new member, and you're seeking to gain reputation in the community. Maybe after a bit of progressing in the game, flame wars break out? Or the old idea of spam bots and such invading? Why not make the story a bit more less-realistic to out forum standards, and pretend the developers and moderators got kidnapped or something? Instead of having the "fight spam bots while devs aren't here", why not have them, or maybe even some other mystical evil being capture then, and wreck havoc on the forums! Instead of doing side quests and such, you could find side missions, like saving someone from a fight against a hoard of said monsters or spam bots and whatnot. Or someone is trapped within a forum, and you can, optionally, find them to recruit them to your team, or gain reputation, or gold, or whatever.

We need moar enemies.

And how is the story coming along?

Spam bots? Wilson impersonators? Trolls? Privileged brats? Multiplayer protesters? Evil lurkers? Maybe even like, dark versions of forum members, made by some unknown force trying to take down the forums!

You are a new member, and you're seeking to gain reputation in the community. Maybe after a bit of progressing in the game, flame wars break out? Or the old idea of spam bots and such invading? Why not make the story a bit more less-realistic to out forum standards, and pretend the developers and moderators got kidnapped or something? Instead of having the "fight spam bots while devs aren't here", why not have them, or maybe even some other mystical evil being capture then, and wreck havoc on the forums! Instead of doing side quests and such, you could find side missions, like saving someone from a fight against a hoard of said monsters or spam bots and whatnot. Or someone is trapped within a forum, and you can, optionally, find them to recruit them to your team, or gain reputation, or gold, or whatever.

Spam bots? Wilson impersonators? Trolls? Privileged brats? Multiplayer protesters? Evil lurkers? Maybe even like, dark versions of forum members, made by some unknown force trying to take down the forums!

Now That is what I want the story to be!

Dark forumers sounds like a good idea.

And no multiplayer protesters as enemies. Cause then I wouldn't be a character.

Now That is what I want the story to be!

Heh, thank you! It's a pretty rough description of my thoughts, but yeah!

Dark forumers sounds like a good idea.

And no multiplayer protesters as enemies. Cause then I wouldn't be a character.

Multiplayer protesters might cause some... uh... protesting! I was more thinking of people who argue over-the-top about it, so they're like people who became overly-aggressive because they can't get what they want. But I understand!

[i meant protesters as in both "For" and "Against"]

Instead of having the "fight spam bots while devs aren't here", why not have them, or maybe even some other mystical evil being capture then, and wreck havoc on the forums!

That's almost exactly the story I wrote.  :p  Except I was the villain.

That's almost exactly the story I wrote.   :razz:  Except I was the villain.

Sorry if it sounds like I stole your idea! I missed a few pages of this thread...

Has @TRENTOMINOUS started making the game yet? Or is this just the idea stage?

We need to flesh out what we want to game to be a bit more before we start! Not to mention, the game will always change as it progresses through the creation stages!

Maybe even like, dark versions of forum members, made by some unknown force trying to take down the forums!

First thing that came to my mind when I read this was Fusionfall, man I miss that game

I guess you could say that, what with so many people working on this project, we're going to need a very clear vision of what we're trying to make, who's doing what, etc. Starting now would be like trying to play a game of Football without a single play written down, and only a vague idea of what we're doing.

I'm not a developer, Daver is

First thing that came to my mind when I read this was Fusionfall, man I miss that game

I guess you could say that, what with so many people working on this project, we're going to need a very clear vision of what we're trying to make, who's doing what, etc. Starting now would be like trying to play a game of Football without a single play written down, and only a vague idea of what we're doing.

I love fusion fall

Alright everyone, lets get some things done

We need the story and art

While I'm gone, snobs in charge.So is vingw

@F3RR1S                   Artist

@Trentominous     Ideas/Artist/Developer/Leader

@Strangerdanger101     Tester

@Subscriber01236        Tester/ Ideas

@orian34                                             Tester/Ideas

@Blazingice26                                     Developer

@Mack18853                                         Story/Ideas

@DwerBomb                                                               Story

@Rabbitfist                                                                   Story/Quests

@Luggs                                                                      Story

@Lord_Battal                                                               Art/Story

@ThePreChewedTree                                                                        Sound effects/Music

@Snob.                                                              Story/Quests/Leader

@MycoLogical                                                                           some stuff...?  I need Clarification

@vingw                                                                                    Story/Quests/Ideas/Leader

Archived